The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

What Difference did FrostBite bring?

Khwalo
154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
We've heard all the praise before the game came out on how Frostbite were to bring change to the game, What difference did they really bring except for the Journey mode?

Comments

• Lee1979
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    It seems to be more how it looks that how it plays. Fifa 17 plays pretty much like Fifa 16, even the same bugs are there.
  • Khwalo
    Lee1979 wrote: »
    It seems to be more how it looks that how it plays. Fifa 17 plays pretty much like Fifa 16, even the same bugs are there.

They said Frostbite was bringing in something new that the players would love but from where I'm seeing it, it seems like 17 is more faulty than 16. I guess they only came in for "The Journey" mode
  • Dexx73
    78 posts Park Captain
    Frostbite graphics,old gameplay engine.
  • Arayas
    229 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA it's all marketing. The shittyyy game it's the same sience FIFA 07, the first fifa i played. Somewhere in 11 or 12 they make it next gen, but with the same shittyyyy game.
    The only way i've played was because of moding options, making the game bereable.
    This year editing the game it's over, new game structure, so more offline players are gone. Checking the ONLINE community i see only problems there with the accounts and FUT problems.
    Frostbite, Lickbite, Suckbite....marketing. Just trick stupid people to buy an old shittt wraped like a new one.
    I hope the stupid will be smart next year to stop buying.
    In 2008 i think the entire EA FIFA team was fired and a new team was put in place. I just hope this loosers will get fired and make room for someone who KNOWS football.
  • awesomeSam7
    52 posts Park Captain
    I cant see much difference except a few player faces, I guess they concentrated using Frostbite on the Journey
  • Khwalo
    Sugetipula wrote: »
    EA it's all marketing. The shittyyy game it's the same sience FIFA 07, the first fifa i played. Somewhere in 11 or 12 they make it next gen, but with the same shittyyyy game.
    The only way i've played was because of moding options, making the game bereable.
    This year editing the game it's over, new game structure, so more offline players are gone. Checking the ONLINE community i see only problems there with the accounts and FUT problems.
    Frostbite, Lickbite, Suckbite....marketing. Just trick stupid people to buy an old shittt wraped like a new one.
    I hope the stupid will be smart next year to stop buying.
    In 2008 i think the entire EA FIFA team was fired and a new team was put in place. I just hope this loosers will get fired and make room for someone who KNOWS football.

I feel you mate and from where i see this it seems like EA will focus more on Online modes than offline play, the sad thing is they people were not going to buy FIFA 17 but EA was smart to announce the cooperation of Frostbite which led people to believe that the new Engine was bringing in something new. EA is just playing mind games with their customers
  • Arayas
    Online? Let me tell you. Sience i cant play career, bored, i give online a look. I made a team and start to play Seasons. In fact, out of 9 games i've played only 2. The rest, "Your opponent lost connection" after the start kick....Ha, the game assign to you the draw, 0-0 and you get 1 point. Nice. So, **** Online like **** offline.
  • Khwalo
    Sugetipula wrote: »
    Online? Let me tell you. Sience i cant play career, bored, i give online a look. I made a team and start to play Seasons. In fact, out of 9 games i've played only 2. The rest, "Your opponent lost connection" after the start kick....Ha, the game assign to you the draw, 0-0 and you get 1 point. Nice. So, **** Online like **** offline.

That's totally insane, things seem more the same than they should be changing, with this Frostbite inclusion they mentioned something about introducing a new engine to the game.EA have been doing this, actually what they say and tell people is not the exact thing that is on the product. I believe Frostbite was only there for "The Journey" mode and nothing else.
  • Arayas
    Journey it's dust in our eyes. Stupid people stil have orgasm over Journey. It's cinematics and play as a player, a feature already existent in the game. Who gives a krap about Journey. I have the game and i'm not even opened that ****. Marketing.
  • Smushs88
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'd say the Journey was welcomed by a fair few people, myself included. It's the same essentially as what NBA2K have been doing for a few years with their story mode, don't see nothing wrong with it myself, it's essentially a new mode to play (like manager mode or FUT was once upon a time).

"You play as a player a feature already in the game" well duh, it's a football game, I'd be pretty pissed if I turned on my FOOTBALL game and suddenly I was playing a mode where I'm a rally driver, what did you expect? to be the ballboy?
  • Arayas
    I'm commenting about people taste. You like it, enjoy it. I am saying there is no need to add new things when you cant fix the old ones.
  • Smushs88
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    fair point, which I can agree with manager mode needs fixing badly.
  • henryclay1844
    939 posts Professional
    Frostbite made many things worse especially for those like myself that play manual. FIFA 16 manual was the best of this gen, but 17 is a disaster. Set it to manual switching and watch how many times you are auto-switched on defense, its because there is no manual switch on offense, you are switched to the player receiving the ball (as read by the program) as soon as it leave your foot, so it is happening on defense all the time. Plus there are too many automatic animations that you have no control over. Simple things are too hard like receiving a pass and turning upfield. Plus you don't really have control of your shooting direction or your heading direction, you can try and double tap to get that low shot, but you only actually get a low shot half the time. I've rocketed the ball over the bar many times when trying to get a low shot. I've barely played FIFA 17, too many good games out there to waste my time on it this year.
  • WizardMD
    662 posts An Exciting Prospect
    That's actually a good question, I was expecting even more from this new engine, but then I got Madden 17 and it looks and plays magistral! and it's using Ignite Engine, so I don't know what the difference is, graphics? pff I'd rather have a great gameplay
  • Frostbite usually brings graphic and bugs :P
  • Arayas
    Frostbite is very good thing for FIFA. Now you can see the bugs in HD.
  • Jim
    1380 posts Professional
    Frostbite is most likely the reason we can't use gameface this year, so it's essentially worthless. An engine that's only noticeable in cut scenes when 99% of what we do in this game is zoomed out.