• ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Kyle wrote: »
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Better than Cagliari's defence apparently. :joy:
    Welcome back pal, we've missed you!

This comment hurts more after today. :(
    Wow, I've heard...
    I mean, I was at a Christmas lunch yesterday (you know, the kind of parties sport teams usually do) and I had a Napoli supporter sitting next to me... Go figure! :D
  • Wyojasond
    11147 posts Has That Special Something
    So I know a lot of you guys play on PC. I've been looking into getting a gaming computer. Honestly it would be more of a family computer, but I figured, why not have something that can run games for me and my kids. So any recommendations? I haven't had a desktop computer in probably 8 years so this is all foreign ground for me. Open on prices, but honestly would like to stay around 1-2k. My father in law just got the new Apple IMac and it looks pretty damn amazing too. Anyways, thanks for any insight :)
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    So I know a lot of you guys play on PC. I've been looking into getting a gaming computer. Honestly it would be more of a family computer, but I figured, why not have something that can run games for me and my kids. So any recommendations? I haven't had a desktop computer in probably 8 years so this is all foreign ground for me. Open on prices, but honestly would like to stay around 1-2k. My father in law just got the new Apple IMac and it looks pretty damn amazing too. Anyways, thanks for any insight :)

Would you be able to build one? Would save a bit of money and be able to choose the bits you want.
  • dannyboy
    12802 posts Has That Special Something

I don't know much but I've heard that Apple computers aren't good for gaming.

You could also build your own
  • Wyojasond

Would you be able to build one? Would save a bit of money and be able to choose the bits you want.

I don't think I'd have time :'(
    dannyboy wrote: »

I don't know much but I've heard that Apple computers aren't good for gaming.

You could also build your own

Ok good to know. My wife mostly wants it for us to use for my son with his ABCmouse and I would mostly use it for work, but wouldn't mind having a few games like Total War on it.
  • Greenman019
    Only asking because I don't know any retailers of built ones in the US, only here in the UK. But parts can be found quite easily on Newegg or something. Guess the best way would be to find out the requirements of the games you wanna play, and just look to match up the specs within your price range.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Merry Christmas from Australia guys, sorry I've been gone a while haha

7vVlRz0.jpg
  • dannyboy
    12802 posts Has That Special Something
    Christmas without snow is tinpot
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Christmas without snow is tinpot

RT
  • Wyojasond
    Expecting a crazy game today for some reason. Liverpool-3 Everton-2

W5S2UQR.jpg
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator

The two years since HUFC were liquidated has flown by. We've rebuilt the club, won three trophies and appeared at Wembley for the first time. Now we're ten points clear and on course for our second straight promotion. We definitely have our club back!
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alastair wrote: »

The two years since HUFC were liquidated has flown by. We've rebuilt the club, won three trophies and appeared at Wembley for the first time. Now we're ten points clear and on course for our second straight promotion. We definitely have our club back!

Although I know little of the history, I think congratulations are in order. So when can we expect to see Hereford in FIFA?
  • Wyojasond
    Yeah what division are they in right now? Thought I remembered you saying they are like in the 7th or 8th divison.
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    Virtual_K wrote: »

Although I know little of the history, I think congratulations are in order. So when can we expect to see Hereford in FIFA?

If we keep winning then FIFA 21. Being realistic about FIFA 25.
    Yeah what division are they in right now? Thought I remembered you saying they are like in the 7th or 8th divison.

We're in the 8th tier currently.

This FIFA related interview comment is slightly surreal. 2 of our current squad were in our FIFA team then.

• Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    I decided to come up with a few people's ideal Christmas presents (it's much more fun than revising).

@Dean would love this.

Meanwhile, @ale85bg needs this.

@Wyojasond can have this nice bed canopy.
    51HH3HKDf4L.jpg

@Greenman019 Can wear this morph suit to the promotion party.
    NUFC2-570x414.png

Finally @Ashy can have this.
    arsenal-puma-water-bottle-2014-2015-red.jpg
  • Ashy
    9485 posts League Winner
    Haha brilliant
  • ale85bg
    That's class man! :lol:
  • ale85bg
    edited December 2016
    Also I'd love to add a present for @Virtual_K as he supports the Galaxy: here it is! So Sanders could have a proper "Deal with it!" attitude when he scores past each and every keeper he faces in the remainder of the league! :joy:
  • Greenman019
    It's perfect! Thanks @Alastair

R0U770D.png
  • Wyojasond
    That's amazing! :D :D :D
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    Also I'd love to add a present for @Virtual_K as he supports the Galaxy: here it is! So Sanders could have a proper "Deal with it!" attitude when he scores past each and every keeper he faces in the remainder of the league! :joy:

That's great. I was trying to find something for Galaxy but I was only getting their shirts coming up on my google search.
  • Virtual_K
    1700 posts Play-Off Hero
    That's great. I was trying to find something for Galaxy but I was only getting their shirts coming up on my google search.

87EZjnD.png
    Thanks! The glasses are cool. As you can see, I already have a shirt.

BBLLCSM.png
    It's a little early for me, but heres to Hereford!
  • Wyojasond
    :o Palace just sacked Pardew :D
  • JamieC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    :o Palace just sacked Pardew :D

Don't worry Big Sam to the rescue :joy:
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Ashy wrote: »
    Hello subpop welcome to the forums, glad you have enjoyed the stories so far and I look forward to yours, I don't know a great deal about the lower end clubs in Spain but I can give you a few suggestions;

1. Athletic Bilbao, one of the most strict transfer policies in world football, Bilbao are already a strong team so the challenge with them would be to keep their star players, bring in some following their guidelines and produce an awesome Spanish youth academy for the future, the goal would be to get European football so challenging for the top 4.

2. Real Betis, another team I quite like and they seem to have a few players with high potential such as Antonio Sanabria, Dani Ceballos, Germán Pezzella and Cristiano Piccini. They look like a real fun team and the short term goal would be the top half of the table going up to the Europa League places with this team.

3. Sevilla Atlético, they are in the second league and are doing quite well this season, they are the 'reserve' team of Sevilla and in real life cannot get promoted, however on Fifa I think they can. So here is the story line you could take over this team and branch away from Sevilla and have it as an independent team, the squad as tons of young talent looking at their potentials so in the future you could get promoted and have a big rivalry with Sevilla in the future and even overtake them at one point.

I've been very tempted to do a story like the 3rd option I've suggested with teams such as Sevilla Atlético or 1860 München
    subpop wrote: »
    I also thought about other clubs, like Real Zaragoza (who even won some European tournaments in the past) in their way back to glory... or Real Oviedo, a club of the North of Spain that overcame serious financial problems in lower cathegories and they're back in their way to the top division... I'm unsure yet.
    Looking forward to see your story too!
    Zaragoza could be a good choice, especially because you have the "benchmark" of the 2006/07 season, so you could test yourself against it (in order to first reach it and then do better than it).

Thanks for your comments.

At the end I decided to go for Zaragoza... It's a big club in Spain (I would say even Europe somehow) with a great history. I cannot remember how many legends played there. I hope to take them to Primera Division and eventually win a title.

I hope you enjoy the story... It took me some time to start it, but it's already there!
  • Greenman019
    Merry Christmas all =)
  • Ashy
    9485 posts League Winner
    Merry Christmas!
  • ale85bg
    Merry Christmas guys! :)
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    Merry Christmas Everyone :smiley: