POTM/SBC investing thread

Comments

• CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    David Silva, Matic, Lahm as CDM.

Don't know what people want with Dybala when they just can buy the IF. Absolutely illogical to go for an untradable Dybala when he'll get like 5 more IF, playing as striker for the best team in a mediocre league.

I do tons of SBC players, but this is just a waste of money like Aubameyang who got the same SBC card as his IF lol. It's not like the SBC will be much cheaper than his 685k IF.
  • ilmiringe
    2644 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2016

Don't know what people want with Dybala when they just can buy the IF. Absolutely illogical to go for an untradable Dybala when he'll get like 5 more IF, playing as striker for the best team in a mediocre league.

I do tons of SBC players, but this is just a waste of money like Aubameyang who got the same SBC card as his IF lol. It's not like the SBC will be much cheaper than his 685k IF.

dude wtf! Dybala's SBC would be way way better than his IF. Think about it, EA would not do these SBCs and issue new cards unless they're better. SBC Auba was way better than IF Auba. you'd be crazy not to the Dybala SBC if it comes out!!!
    :lol: Come on man, we need those dumb people to keep doing the SBCs so we can unload our investments :lol:
  • ironawin1
    1308 posts Professional
    ilmiringe wrote: »

dude wtf! Dybala's SBC would be way way better than his IF. Think about it, EA would not do these SBCs and issue new cards unless they're better. SBC Auba was way better than IF Auba. you'd be crazy not to the Dybala SBC if it comes out!!!
    :lol: Come on man, we need those dumb people to keep doing the SBCs so we can unload our investments :lol:

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • vivalaram
    747 posts An Exciting Prospect

I have never seen his IF drop below 650k, and when he gets more I dread to think what they will go for. If it is more than 300k for me with my untradables including insignia IF I probably wont bother either tbf
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Only special card I don't have is TOTGS, watch me get burnt to naught
  • ilmiringe
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »

idk it's risky. Sidibe is 28K now, but I think he could drop to 24K if TOTGS isn't required today.
  • fdsgsfdg
    409 posts Sunday League Hero

Who have you invested in ?
  • BrieMine
    5720 posts Big Money Move

totgs wont be used for a sbc, those cards are too good for sbc's
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    what cards to invest in?
  • ilmiringe
    what cards to invest in?

high rated IFs + cheap high rated (87+) NIF
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    fdsgsfdg wrote: »

Who have you invested in ?

I have like 2 million worth of players but very few duplicates, pages of Specials / high rated NIFS
  • SL89
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ilmiringe wrote: »
    In related news, I have 20 Handanovic at 24,250. Please pray for me :lol:

I praying for you and myself! i have 15 at 24k

• Low IFs to drop tonight? Need to reinvest some.
  • Aarong222
    15531 posts Moderator
    I'm not sure I am going to invest tonight
  • zendenkat
    988 posts Professional
    Aarong222 wrote: »

Why not?
  • Ruud
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    pedro___ wrote: »
    vpelic wrote: »
    Why are bonucci and buffon still on the same price level as during the buffon sbc? Can't be because of de Rossi can it?

no, Bonucci is not needed to complete those SBC.
    And surely we will not have market crash anymore.
    Why are bonucci and buffon still on the same price level as during the buffon sbc? Can't be because of de Rossi can it?

• Ruud
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Market crash Will be after futmas. I Think iT Will be massive
  • WinChungXuan
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If the team for Dybala is min. 86-87 rated then bonucci and buffon will be needed
  • Pedro223
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    If the team for Dybala is min. 86-87 rated then bonucci and buffon will be needed

Only if the requirements is serie a
  • niels123
    66 posts Park Captain
    Investing in Bernardo Silva and William Carvalho could be a smart move. Definitely there will be some high rated SBCs coming up and they are going for only 40k. The next 86 rated IF is Ruffier at 50k and then Sokratis at 60k.

Some nice profit to be made when there are high rated teams with IF needed.
  • PogueMahone
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My investments for tonight:

IF Karnezis
    Bonucci (only bought 2)
    Handanovic

IF is the safest investment out of the lot because his price won't decrease significantly, if he's not required. It will - more or less - stay the same.
  • mMounirm
    3771 posts National Call-Up
    Hoping Dybala gets an sbc and it's not serie A exclusive.
  • PogueMahone
    mMounirm wrote: »
    Hoping Dybala gets an sbc and it's not serie A exclusive.

Same. Me investing in Serie A players has nothing to do with the SBC itself, more of the fact that those players have made many people profit (Handanovic made me 100k profit the other day).
  • Aarong222
    15531 posts Moderator
    zendenkat wrote: »

Why not?

Cant see a gap big enough which I am willing to take. everything is very inflated, not worth the risk. Especially after how cheap yesterday was
  • PogueMahone
    zendenkat wrote: »

Why not?

Cant see a gap big enough which I am willing to take. everything is very inflated, not worth the risk. Especially after how cheap yesterday was

That's fair enough but Willian Jose, for example, was inflated yesterday, but I still made quite a bit of profit on him. Price went from 18k to 25k...
  • FaFiFa
    1446 posts Play-Off Hero
    niels123 wrote: »
    Investing in Bernardo Silva and William Carvalho could be a smart move. Definitely there will be some high rated SBCs coming up and they are going for only 40k. The next 86 rated IF is Ruffier at 50k and then Sokratis at 60k.

Some nice profit to be made when there are high rated teams with IF needed.

Yes,I did this and waiting.i think there is an upside of close to 20k on those cards.Most probably there will be no 86 rated IF this totw and I can see some SBCS requiring high rated IFs before the 25th.i.e Vidal
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    Agree everything is inflated already. Think it's only going to get worse though !
  • mMounirm
    3771 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2016
    My investments for tonight:

IF Karnezis
    Bonucci (only bought 2)
    Handanovic

IF is the safest investment out of the lot because his price won't decrease significantly, if he's not required. It will - more or less - stay the same.

IF Karnezis and Handanovic probably won't be enough for the dybala sbc.

I tested it out with realistic requirements and the lowest rated informs I could get for cheapest squad was 85 (IF Mandzukic) and the best GK rating for the cheapest squad (whether it is serie A only or any league) is 88 (buffon).
  • Cheeseboxin
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm on the Handanovič train
  • Loke1
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited December 2016
    So two questions before midnight.
    1. Will Dybala get his blue card? I would love that to happen.
    2. Is this squad enough to get him?
    I have changed a little bit on a squad that I think @Aarong222 gave us.

95fabecd453c8f04b3c840a4c251cba4.png

I also have an TOTGS Dzeko. What do you think. Is this on? Is this enough? Will these challenges be worth it?

So many questions.