Taking legal action against EA Sports

Hello fifa players, I would like to inform you that all fifa players who have been unfairly banned may be about to get your own back on ea. I have been speaking to a lawyer(family friend) who is helping me buy up a really strong case to take to court against EA. now I must stress that this isn't just about them banning players accounts for no good reason but for a whole load of things that they have committed even breaking they're own terms of service. I will update you as I progress with this case but I feel that someone has to stand up for us customers who are paying a lot of money for the game and being punished for stuff we didn't do. I'll be in contact with EA's legal department very soon.

Comments

• Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    LOL
  • FatZeddd
    524 posts Sunday League Hero
    I would love someone to stick it to them but sadly i think that would be quite difficult, time consuming and expensive!
  • Coops
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2016
    I bet EA are quaking in their boots over this
  • Fletch wrote: »
    LOL

Why you lol'in... i take it you like being bent over and spanked by ea!!! you naughty boy!!!

I've studied law and know of many individuals going up against BIG multi-nationals etc... Good on you @R2G1997
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    :D
  • KUIKUI
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    :)
    Fletch wrote: »
    LOL

Why you lol'in... i take it you like being bent over and spanked by ea!!! you naughty boy!!!

I've studied law and know of many individuals going up against BIG multi-nationals etc... Good on you @R2G1997

• jordy875
    1180 posts Professional
    You can never take on a multi billion dollar company and win... your legal fees will surpass the thousands and you will lose and look very silly. I suggest you don't attempt this even though the company has some wrong doings but the bans are by an automated system that you flagged therefore they had grounds to put a hold on your account just like when a bank holds your account if you spend too much or buy something in a weird place.
  • JRO1998
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is it really that deep
  • Mr. Soper
    2637 posts National Call-Up
    lets see what happened. Maybe you will get your 60 dollars back.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Before you make anything official I hope you understand how the court works.

Court cases aren't decided on such simplistic factors as "they broke the terms of service". Skilled lawyers can angle and twist almost anything to their advantage, and you are certain to face a bevy of the finest lawyers in the land.

Then, If you lose, not only will you have to foot your own legal costs, but EA will bill you for theirs too. Your lawyer friend might be doing it for free but I can guarantee EA's legal team will cost a bomb. Not only that... They can then counter-sue you for anything from false accusations to libel... Depending on how creative their lawyers are.
  • KUIKUI
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2016
    freeeedomm . go for it .... if yuou think something is wrong .. and no right so go don't let nobody stop your Rights ! :)
  • Those corporate lawyers are going to throw your family member through the ringer
  • agentxyz2
    827 posts Professional
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »

Court cases aren't decided on such simplistic factors as "they broke the terms of service". Skilled lawyers can angle and twist almost anything to their advantage, and you are certain to face a bevy of the finest lawyers in the land.

Then, If you lose, not only will you have to foot your own legal costs, but EA will bill you for theirs too. Your lawyer friend might be doing it for free but I can guarantee EA's legal team will cost a bomb. Not only that... They can then counter-sue you for anything from false accusations to libel... Depending on how creative their lawyers are.

Reading this was like a reading a horror book or some ❤️❤️❤️❤️. dam.
  • RayS
    31070 posts National Team Captain

:o
  • RayS
    31070 posts National Team Captain
    R2G1997 wrote: »
    Hello fifa players, I would like to inform you that all fifa players who have been unfairly banned may be about to get your own back on ea. I have been speaking to a lawyer(family friend) who is helping me buy up a really strong case to take to court against EA. now I must stress that this isn't just about them banning players accounts for no good reason but for a whole load of things that they have committed even breaking they're own terms of service. I will update you as I progress with this case but I feel that someone has to stand up for us customers who are paying a lot of money for the game and being punished for stuff we didn't do. I'll be in contact with EA's legal department very soon.

What is this about players getting banned? I'm honestly unfamiliar with the issue...
  • TheRealMadGamer
    1920 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2016
    I got banned on FIFA 15 because people kept buying my contracts for 5000 coins after price ranges came out. I did nothing wrong it wasn't my fault people brought my items.

After a month of emails and calling I final gave up trying to get my account back.

If your serious you need to round up everyone who's been unfairly banned.

Good luck
  • StrutterGear
    1560 posts Play-Off Hero
    People may laugh but one guy actually was a solicitor a couple years ago when he got done by ea. Pretty sure he got all his stuff back, people were talking about making a class action lawsuit lol
  • Xaini29
    1999 posts Fans' Favourite
    please add weekend league server lag in there as well
  • ICENL
    242 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Can you add them butchering the rendering of Renato Sanchez's face so badly it's basically libel

"2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents"
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1914 posts Play-Off Hero
    you cant take them to the court as you have already accepted their terms of condion at the start
  • jordy875
    1180 posts Professional
    you cant take them to the court as you have already accepted their terms of condion at the start

You can if they go against their own terms. Just like on a lease. If they aren't giving you what sign up for you have a case but a corporation will word everything in many vague terms and their lawyers will protect them
  • ChrisLFC
    7339 posts League Winner
    agentxyz2 wrote: »

Reading this was like a reading a horror book or some ****. dam.

• DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    If i will sue someone, it will not be EA but Ahmed Musa
  • jordy875
    1180 posts Professional

Or ea for making Musa very over exaggerated
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    jordy875 wrote: »

Musa should sue them for gross misrepresentation.
  • jordy875
    1180 posts Professional

Musa should sue them for gross misrepresentation.

Hahah, definitely. Even the fact he starts games is enough to have a case...
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1914 posts Play-Off Hero

You can if they go against their own terms. Just like on a lease. If they aren't giving you what sign up for you have a case but a corporation will word everything in many vague terms and their lawyers will protect them

i advice you to read the terms of condition
  • SoundersAllDay
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    They will settle for whatever the game costs x2. Easier to give you $100-200 then spend more on lawyers.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    good luck.
    hope you really do have deep pockets.

personally think this is a case for countries to take up.

like gambling countries do tend to get involved at somepoint.
    it will be their rules that count.

pokerstars ran into this problem not too long ago and now have to set up seperate sites.

id suggest if ea want to avoid a similar fate and ruin fut they think carefully.......

countries can always use the trading angle liek they did withbetting exchanges and poker.
    the fraud element.

as there are financial trabsactions involved it needs to be more heavily regulated.
This discussion has been closed.