Anyone else really disappointed with these Christmas SBCs?

dopetothemax
2017 posts Fans' Favourite
Half of the players already have an IF that's the same or better than the SBC being offered. The requirements are pretty steep unless you have millions of coins or a stacked club. I mean, 4 IFs for Fekir? The card looks really good but for only 84 rated you need 4 IFs and an 85 rated squad. The cheapest gold IFs are around 20k and those are the low rated ones. You have to spend at least 100k on the squad. That seems like too much to me. I get that there's a balance and you don't want every player in the game to have these great cards, but an 84 Fekir or De Marcos is hardly a game breaking thing. Why not make the requirements a little easier?

Comments

• Guillotine_Mack
    1749 posts Play-Off Hero
    Defoe, enough said.
  • hoban95
    49792 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Nope, i love my team thanks.
  • dopetothemax
    2017 posts Fans' Favourite
    Defoe, enough said.

Yeah, the Defoe one is so stupid. His IF is already cheap anyways and it looks better than the SBC. Did EA just put out a bunch of SBCs for FUTmas that they know nobody will do just to be able to say they did SOMETHING?
  • IffyMoney
    4027 posts National Call-Up
    Better than last year.....
  • TacoDaPug
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Defoe, enough said.

Yeah, the Defoe one is so stupid. His IF is already cheap anyways and it looks better than the SBC. Did EA just put out a bunch of SBCs for FUTmas that they know nobody will do just to be able to say they did SOMETHING?
    To avoid market drops on regular 83/84/85 players. More expensive prices = more packs sold = $$$ for ea.
  • WFCBagnall
    72087 posts Moderator
    Just seems abit OTT with the If's and ratings, Nothing wrong with the cards
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    The squad rating required shouldn't exceed the player's rating imo
  • Olleman
    13270 posts Has That Special Something
    just played SBC Defo and he was insane. Best shot I have ever seen on a player :D
  • Davisto
    6356 posts Big Money Move

100% THIS
  • Wonderfulwest
    4731 posts National Call-Up
    Olleman wrote: »
    just played SBC Defo and he was insane. Best shot I have ever seen on a player :D

He looks worse then the IF tho, granted his shot is great just don't enjoy using him
  • LFC Simon 98
    18219 posts World Class
    Davisto wrote: »

100% THIS

• Mutu10gol
    2589 posts Fans' Favourite

SBC David Villa :smile:
  • CornishLad
    23944 posts Club Captain
    If Aurier doesn't get one I'll be unhappy
  • hoban95
    49792 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Davisto wrote: »

100% THIS

• S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite

Agreed. I'd like to see some team related SBCs. That or extend it to some bronze and silvers. Making every player require 84s, 85s and 5 IFs is just going to make the last players ridiculously expensive.

It needs a bit of balance. Generally I think these SBCs have been a great idea, but can we make them a bit more accessible please?
  • Olleman wrote: »

in game stats please?
  • ContraCode64
    2093 posts Fans' Favourite
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Just seems abit OTT with the If's and ratings, Nothing wrong with the cards

Yep the cards are fine. The requirements are a different matter.
  • jenksiee123
    21956 posts Club Captain
    Don't get why they've just stopped making Movember cards a requirement as well
  • CPFC16
    2084 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2016
    I feel you I can't be disappointed seen as it's something new. I know they may cost a lot and what not, and the player may not tickle your fancy but you have to remember these cards are out for 24 hours. Come the end of the year these will be the rarest cards in the game, and you will feel like a legend having them. The SBC Gaspar, Payet and Douglas Costa are all pretty rare and they were out for a good while, but when I come up against one I think that's pretty cool wish I had of done that. Despite this I don't like the whole let's give him the same rating as his IF with stats all messed around idea. (Defoe, Benteke, Auba, Ruffier, Hamsik)
  • Bluebirds87
    691 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tbf the Defoe one is quite accessible. There were informs readily available for 15k 1 hour before release
  • Whoman
    5563 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2016

Or TOTGS and OTW. Should simply be "special card".
  • jenksiee123
    21956 posts Club Captain
    Whoman wrote: »

Or TOTGS and OTW. Should simply be "special card".

Yep. Don't get why WL rewards don't count either because those cards were IFs in the first place lmao.
  • Mike_Pickford
    3696 posts National Call-Up
    They're just coin draining exercises imo. Once you've spent a few hundred thousand acquiring a player you can't sell on, you'll need to open packs to replenish your coin total. Quite smart really.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    They're just coin draining exercises imo. Once you've spent a few hundred thousand acquiring a player you can't sell on, you'll need to open packs to replenish your coin total. Quite smart really.

This. Couldn't care less about this sbcs. Genius by EA tough. More money in.
  • Kloral
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    Agreed, they cost far to much for minimal upgrades.
  • jdros
    2634 posts Fans' Favourite
    If you don't like the cards, don't get them. I haven't done any this year that were just a card with no packs attached, but I've done most of the other ones because there is value there. Even if the pack sucks, there is a good chance someone from that pack will become valuable because of an SBC at some point.

There is only one player that I think might get one of these who I might spend the cards to do. In the meantime, it was nice to shed myself of some IFs at a significant profit.
  • xxMachintoshaxx
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    De Marcos is amazing. Go for it.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

He looks worse then the IF tho, granted his shot is great just don't enjoy using him

No he doesnt, 1 less pace will make sod all difference, neithet will +2 passing
  • Romo2barber24
    2202 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nope these are nice! I absolutely love parolo. Very happy with him.
  • Paciga45
    3663 posts National Call-Up
    You guys will cry about anything, even when EA is trying to give us more content and keep the game fresh