5212 Ultra Attacking - Guaranteed Goals, Rock Solid Defense!

Comments

• TheStupidFox
    278 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone tried Baines with a Shadow or Catalyst in this formation? Any good to attack?
  • dregana08
    4132 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone else tried this tactic on counter attack? I like counter attack because CB's sit deeper (I concede most from through balls and pacey strikers... this stops it).

I'm worried going high pressure will push my CB's further up the field and leave that dread space behind...
  • Jackets20
    1201 posts Professional
    So with subs for this formation, you just want all around guys that can fit into multiple spots I get that. But for subs there position and league don't have to match up with your team right? So I can out a RB at CM or CB and it doesn't matter right?
  • TheStupidFox
    Jackets20 wrote: »
    So with subs for this formation, you just want all around guys that can fit into multiple spots I get that. But for subs there position and league don't have to match up with your team right? So I can out a RB at CM or CB and it doesn't matter right?

Correct.
  • Jackets20
    1201 posts Professional
    Ok, I never really took advantage of that I always used players from same league or country. This is were those cards that have good stats but a crap league work like Srna.
  • chokosc
    2872 posts Fans' Favourite
    I am enjoying this formation a lot! Only down side is the game itself...

Came against this team:
    1b22bd50069476ec7d16dbf73e9d6e40.png

As you can see, very bad. But my god his players played amazing! 79% pass accuracy. I had 15 shots on target and his keeper saved 14 of them!!!! I won 2-1 in the end but this just proved to me that FIFA is scripted as hell.
  • TheStupidFox
    chokosc wrote: »
    I am enjoying this formation a lot! Only down side is the game itself...

Came against this team:
    1b22bd50069476ec7d16dbf73e9d6e40.png

As you can see, very bad. But my god his players played amazing! 79% pass accuracy. I had 15 shots on target and his keeper saved 14 of them!!!! I won 2-1 in the end but this just proved to me that FIFA is scripted as hell.

79% passing accuracy is really low! You're right though sometimes it feels like you could watch the game play itself instead of controlling your fate lol
  • Scds
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    Anyone allready played this tactic against someone that used the 5212 as well? How did it went?
  • TheStupidFox
    Scds wrote: »
    Anyone allready played this tactic against someone that used the 5212 as well? How did it went?

I'm also curious. I guess any of us could play a friendly against each other.
  • CPW25
    774 posts Semi-Pro
    I've been playing with this formation for a couple of weeks since my 3 at the back switch didn't work like I hoped. I haven't lost much recently. The teams help for sure, but I was losing a lot more before the switch. My teams are below.

UcW0tim.png

yowZUsP.png
  • Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    @MajorMash bro thank you for sharing this. You are definitely onto something. Threads like this are the reason I visit the forum.
  • dregana08
    Dado BL wrote: »
    @MajorMash bro thank you for sharing this. You are definitely onto something. Threads like this are the reason I visit the forum.

Shame when I posted a 5212 thread I just got trolled and abused by forum regulars for using 5ATB formation...
  • Dado BL
    1260 posts Professional
    dregana08 wrote: »

Shame when I posted a 5212 thread I just got trolled and abused by forum regulars for using 5ATB formation...

I just saw that thread. I wish I would've taken your advice. This is the best form I have used. You still using it?
  • dregana08
    edited December 2016
    dregana08 wrote: »

I just saw that thread. I wish I would've taken your advice. This is the best form I have used. You still using it?

Tbh I stopped (I change teams/forms a lot). Going to settle with a 5212 team and a 4321 team now though. Eventually every formation stops working, no matter how good it is, so it's good to have a plan B.
  • Susie_Lund
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is it only me who struggle With this formation? Every game i play have result 3-5, 1-3 etc, they Counter attack me all the time With Musa etc. What should i do? Really want this formation to work, but when i play on ultra or attacking i create a lot, my also my opponent scores alot.
  • MajorMash
    1264 posts Professional
    Susie_Lund wrote: »
    Is it only me who struggle With this formation? Every game i play have result 3-5, 1-3 etc, they Counter attack me all the time With Musa etc. What should i do? Really want this formation to work, but when i play on ultra or attacking i create a lot, my also my opponent scores alot.

What are you doing in defence? Try to take control of your CM or even one of your wing backs, and look to cut off the obvious quick counter attack passes. If you can slow them down even slightly your whole team comes rushing back to defend!

If you are a very capable defender then use one of your CBs to track the run of the fast player. If you block the obvious pass the opponent often will panic and then run into a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ situation, or else make an error in passing.
  • dregana08
    Susie_Lund wrote: »

I use 'counter attack' instead of 'high pressure' on attacking or ultra attacking. Your CB's will sit deeper thus stopping the counter attack / long through balls to Musa.
  • MajorMash
    1264 posts Professional
    What a fantastic start to the weekend league. Hit the bar 3 times in extra time alone and lost 3-2. 17 shots to 2, what a wonderful game.

Will be waiting 12 hours before I bother to play again!

In good news - Reus and Robben up front in this formation is absolutely deadly!
  • chokosc
    Yesterday I played a bit and I really find this formation good. Only down side which I will try and fix is my CM. I did try Fernandinho a bit and he was lethal so I will bring him for Matic when he goes down in price a bit.

Defence is very solid, if anyone is looking for a cheap CB, Marquinhos definitely does the job for me. Luiz and MIranda as well just boss the defence. Not yet got the best out of Aurier and Alex Sandro. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
  • llednul
    67 posts Park Captain
    As you can see from my post count, I rarely interact on here, but this post caught my eye and I feel that I now have to give back to the community in some way.

First of all, I have to say thank you to OP.

I go on here sometimes to get a general feeling on what's going on with the game and most of all to see if other people are as frustrated with it as I am sometimes (which is great comfort, haha). However, this time I just wanted to see what OP had to say about this formation. I've never earlier tried to play 5atb 'cause i've always thought it would be a bad formation for me as it would leave me with fewer midfielders which would mean a harder time to hold the ball (since defenders generally are worse with handling it).

But after reading all the comments (mostly praises) I was curious to find out. So I tweaked my team from 4-3-1-2, subbing IF Yaya Toure for Bailly and IF Firmino for Fernandinho and the result was amazing. I haven't played divisions that much this year but haven't been able to advance to div 2 in two tries. I just started a new run with 10 games and then changed to this formation with all the other instructions from OP. After 8 games I had advanced to div 2 with 7-1-0 as a record and whopping 39-9 in goal difference. The draw was against a really, in my opinion, skilled player who played 3-4-3. The midfield was incredibly congested that game and it was really sweaty.

The transformation from my earlier games was incredible. I felt really comfortable at the back, there was always someone there to cover if I made a mistake in the middle of the pitch or if the opposition counter-attacked. The top three with Vardy, Benteke and Sanchez played so well together. Benteke was immense holding the ball and of course his finishing is amazing as well. Sanchez made the most incredible runs through the oppositions defense getting many 1v1 with the keeper, and his finishing outside the box is top class as well. Vardy is vardy, feel some shame using him, but he really is too good for me. Last but, as many else has stated, not least, Kanté and Fernandinho are the strongest link in the team. They are all over the pitch and intercept almost everything. The CM's really are the key to this formation. However I haven't really used the full backs that much. Might be because of the way I play, but they mostly defend well for me, otherwise they aren't contributing that much in my attack play.

When the mids are tired (ca 60min) I always sub on Dembelé for Kanté, IF Firmino for Fernandinho and Aubameyang (untradeable) for Benteke. They run what's left of the defense ragged and help set up the whole team for more chances for a final blow.

I can't recommend this formation enough if there are any doubters out there. Ofc it depends on how you play, but I almost never use any skills or shot feints, just a lot of one-two's and a lot of holding the ball, passing at the right time. So if you're into that at least, you should give this a shot!

Would love to hear your thoughts on my team. How to improve? Played Pogba at CM in my old formation and didn't quite rate him. Would he work better here? Played Agüero with Zlatan as well, wasn't really convinced but I'm open for a new try. Used IF Kanté as well, but don't know if the IF is that great vs his NIF.

rIae3SV.png
  • Wrighty_boii
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    kg5Xd5y.png

Finish this team off please I have 165k to finish off
  • chokosc
    edited December 2016
    @Wrighty_boii Luiz, Shaw, Walker and Ozil?
  • Wrighty_boii
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have you tried Ozil? and Luiz over Kompany?

• chokosc
    Have you tried Ozil? and Luiz over Kompany?

Not personally but he is one I want to try. Kompany would be better actually because Bailley already has H/H
  • Scds
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2016
    Toure will not be sufficient at cm with his low defensive workrate im afraid! Maybe putting him on cam and sub in matic (catalyst) or fernandinho?
  • JackFrost
    81 posts Park Captain
    kg5Xd5y.png

Finish this team off please I have 165k to finish off

Sidibe: 27k
    Walker: 25K
    Smalling: 20k

For CAM I would go with:
    Eriksen: 9K
    Rooney: 25K
    Coutinho: 45k
    Ozil: 83k

TAr1Tha.jpg
  • Squeezy94
    1904 posts Fans' Favourite
    Auba perfect for 60th minute sub?
  • chrizlo27
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    https://futbin.com/17/squad/716042

What do you guys think about this one?
    CB´s are better now imo but what about lb/rb?
  • llednul
    67 posts Park Captain
    Squeezy94 wrote: »
    Auba perfect for 60th minute sub?

For me he has been perfect. Yesterday, when I used him in this formation I got at least 1 goal per game.
    He's so quick and quite strong, so when he's up against tired defenders he's close to unstoppable.
  • Scds
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah i bet there are a lot of weaker options as a supersub then Aubameyang :D