Newcastle United F.C | Déjà vu | Season 4 - End of Season 4

Comments

• Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Hopefully will do. Liverpool is the first game, will be a tough one. Do you want to sponsor a player btw Ale?
    Sure! Is Lascelles available? :)

He's yours.
  • Greenman019
    Hoping to post the end of August update later with the transfers etc. Will be a bit of time then before the next update, which is when the player sponsoring points will start getting counted. Hoping for a few more selections before then :)
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Good start, one foot in the group stage already. I'll go with Lingard.
  • Greenman019
    edited December 2016
    Dean wrote: »
    Good start, one foot in the group stage already. I'll go with Lingard.

Was a good game. Just hope I don't slip up in the away game now.

He's yours.
  • Greenman019
    edited December 2016
    August Pt. 2

9Px0nLI.png

DNldd45.png

FI7D8jR.png

Tim Sherwood on Newcastle's start to the season:

"I'm quite pleased with the way we've started in the Europa league, to get on and through into the groups is impressive. Our league form has suffered a litte for it, but it's early days. I think it'll take time for us to find the right balance, it's something we'll look at. Especially with cup games also on the cards in the very near future, ye it's a balancing act really. But I do think we'll get a handle on it quite quickly."

dNdMPta.png

Player sponsoring will take effect with the next update, so if you'd like a player please pick before then. Will probably do the next update at some point over the weekend.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Oh dear what a bad result against Spurs... Luckily enough you bounced back immediately. :)
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Guess losing Lanzini hasn't hurt West Ham so far. Good start for Newcastle in Europa League if not so much in the Premier League but I have confidence things will settle soon.
  • Wyojasond
    10688 posts Has That Special Something
    Some great signings in Lindegaard and Vanginkel. Should be great young additions to push for the top 4.
  • Greenman019
    Oh dear what a bad result against Spurs... Luckily enough you bounced back immediately. :)

Definitely better in Europe atm, not sure why.
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Guess losing Lanzini hasn't hurt West Ham so far. Good start for Newcastle in Europa League if not so much in the Premier League but I have confidence things will settle soon.

West Ham doing very well. Early days atm though.
    Some great signings in Lindegaard and Vanginkel. Should be great young additions to push for the top 4.

Hope so. Things not going to plan right now though..
  • Greenman019
    September

zajXZSx.png

0b4Ow8I.png

GSASh95.png

RC9VNj2.png

1zjE2KM.png

4KOlTs6.png

NUFC.TV Spoke to Tim Sherwood the day after the Crystal Palace result:

"Frustrations with our results are now starting to show on the pitch right now with the red card. We've been playing well and dominating matches but we just can't get the ball in the back of the net. If you can't score goals, you're going to have problems. Still, if we keep performing like we are we'll eventually start winning games and picking up points, I'm sure of that."

vHLhOlM.png

3otFLfF.png

Player Sponsoring

1st. DeAndre Yedlin : 22 Points - @Virtual_K

2nd. Jesse Lingard : 15 Points - @Dean

3rd. Marcus Rashford : 14 Points - @Ashy

4th. Jamaal Lascelles : 12 Points - @ale85bg

• ale85bg
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, Lascelles scor...OH WAIT. :unamused:

Not a bad start though... Keep it up!
  • JTS900
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not the worst start in the world to this season, score a few more and you'll fly up the league!
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    A little slow coming out of the gates but showing some promise. Tight group to start in the Europa League.
    All right, Yedlin! You go girl! :D
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    6 games and only 6 points, not the best start to the season but I feel you can pick this up in the coming weeks, Rashford needs to step it up
  • Greenman019
    So
    Yeah, Lascelles scor...OH WAIT. :unamused:

Not a bad start though... Keep it up!

Ye, Woops ^^

He's still one of the better players atm though.
    JTS900 wrote: »
    Not the worst start in the world to this season, score a few more and you'll fly up the league!

Hopefully. Struggling so much to score goals right now though.
    A little slow coming out of the gates but showing some promise. Tight group to start in the Europa League.
    All right, Yedlin! You go girl! :D

Really surprised with Yedlin. Did so well last season and he's just as good again this season. Still, all the player picks are way behind the frontrunner atm though, but noone picked him ^^
    Ashy wrote: »
    6 games and only 6 points, not the best start to the season but I feel you can pick this up in the coming weeks, Rashford needs to step it up

Definitely a lot slower than he was when he was signed in January. Not enough goals full stop really though.
  • Greenman019
    edited December 2016
    October

fVJdr5x.png

1KNhreP.png

wgE4InE.png

X5MgnAN.png

p1UUOIT.png

u4fItQ7.png

We caught up with Tim Sherwood after their EFL Cup match:

"It's nice to get such a comprehensive win and we're into quarters now which is great. I think with the amount of signings we've made over the past 2 windows, it's going to take time for things to come together. It's not going to happen overnight but eventually, we're going to reap the rewards because there's a lot of talent in this team and I believe we can do some great things if we continue to prepare in the right way and just have a go every match for the whole 90 minutes."

dXN8kgc.png

llnvIV6.png

Player Sponsoring

1st. DeAndre Yedlin : 49 Points - @Virtual_K

2nd. Jamaal Lascelles : 29 Ponts - @ale85bg

3rd. Marcus Rashford : 26 Points - @ashy

4th. Jesse Lingard : 24 Points @Dean
  • ale85bg
    Bonaventura to Chelsea? Oh dear... :(
    Not a good month for you, but there's still plenty of time to recover... Don't worry man!
  • Wyojasond
    :# Man, team just can't find any form at the moment. Might be time to try some new formations
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good EFL cup result and a draw against Chelsea can't be bad. Scoring still seems to be a little bit of an issue, especially in league play. Down but not out in Europa League; got to make the second half count. Is Rashford the lone striker?
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    Europe is not going well at all but it might be just a step too far for the club right now when you look at their PL form and standing. Maybe that is what is hindering it, I think if you concentrate on the Prem you will see the results come in
  • Greenman019
    Bonaventura to Chelsea? Oh dear... :(
    Not a good month for you, but there's still plenty of time to recover... Don't worry man!

Hopefully will. Manager rating is tanking right now though. ^^

:# Man, team just can't find any form at the moment. Might be time to try some new formations

Indeed. Did try a new formation in one match, will show it in the next update in a moment.

Good EFL cup result and a draw against Chelsea can't be bad. Scoring still seems to be a little bit of an issue, especially in league play. Down but not out in Europa League; got to make the second half count. Is Rashford the lone striker?

Seem to be ok in everything except the league, goals wise. Weird.

Rashford is kind of the lone striker. If it's Perez he'll play in the 10 role just behind, if it's Armstrong I'll play a 4-4-2.

Ashy wrote: »
    Europe is not going well at all but it might be just a step too far for the club right now when you look at their PL form and standing. Maybe that is what is hindering it, I think if you concentrate on the Prem you will see the results come in

Maybe. Got a decent sized squad but realistically, not a lot of first-team quality players and I have to rotate to keep up with all the competitions. Might have to focus on the league like you said.
  • Greenman019
    edited December 2016
    November

Iz0XnBF.png

W5tBpZi.png

lmIj4kT.png

yaUcTQE.png

TPhxFxX.png

tLCNRgI.png
    89YBR10.png

Player Sponsoring

1st. DeAndre Yedlin : 60 Points - @Virtual_K

2nd. Jamaal Lascelles : 48 Ponts - @ale85bg

3rd. Jesse Lingard : 43 Points - @Dean

4th. Marcus Rashford : 41 Points - @ashy
    Post edited by Greenman019 on
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bummer about Europa League, but now you can focus on figuring out how to put more balls into the back of the net for league play. A couple of decent draws, so having a consistent defense is a good foundation to play off of. Just have to find the right attacking mix. Don't know if I like the red on Yedlin; costing me points. :D
  • Greenman019
    Bummer about Europa League, but now you can focus on figuring out how to put more balls into the back of the net for league play. A couple of decent draws, so having a consistent defense is a good foundation to play off of. Just have to find the right attacking mix. Don't know if I like the red on Yedlin; costing me points. :D

Ye. Hoping for a turn in league form now, especially seeing as my rating continues to plummet :open_mouth:

My bad on the red though. Was getting annoyed and happened to be controlling Yedlin at the time :D
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    My bad on the red though. Was getting annoyed and happened to be controlling Yedlin at the time :D
    That's funny. I know what you mean. I've been pretty good about not committing fouls on the pitch, but I often yell expletives and slap my knee. If anyone ever recorded me playing FIFA, I'd be ruined. :p

• Wyojasond
    :s What a horrible start to the season. Sadly the team just doesn't seem to be meshing. Can happen sometime with so many players brought in and others getting older. Hopefully the team can turn it around
  • ale85bg
    Oh dear what a horrible period you're going through... Keep it up man, results will eventually come!
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Sad and worrying results. Strange after the nice achievements last season. Is there any special reason for it?
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    tough start to the season hopefully being eliminated from the Europa league can get you going in the league
  • Ashy
    9181 posts League Winner
    Awful news about the exits in Europe, hopefully Sherwood doesn't get sacked over it, the main concern is having a decent season in the league and with you sat 17th I think the club need to see some positive results in the next few games or time may be up :#