CMS Chat Thread

Comments

• Ashy
    9729 posts League Winner
    Guess they don't want to promote gambling especially when there are many under 18's on here even if it is virtual and for a bit of fun, good thing the stories that included that feature are not active right now anyway so not much of a fuss
  • Valo
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    dannyboy wrote: »
    ....but why

• dannyboy
    12825 posts Has That Special Something
    Valo wrote: »
    ....but why

Why
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Good to see Southgate got the job permanently. :)

• Ashy
    9729 posts League Winner
    Great another wasted few years, will probably win all our qualifiers and crumble in the tournament as per usual
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    Great another wasted few years, will probably win all our qualifiers and crumble in the tournament as per usual

What's wrong with Southgate?

He is by far the best candidate (although there weren't many others). He knows the players well including the younger ones, has an amazing record with the U21s and is more passionate that anyone else we've had this century.
  • Ashy
    9729 posts League Winner
    edited November 2016
    Alastair wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »

What's wrong with Southgate?

He is by far the best candidate (although there weren't many others). He knows the players well including the younger ones, has an amazing record with the U21s and is more passionate that anyone else we've had this century.
    Just don't think he is good enough, another yes man that will not try something different and fail like the rest, not got anything against the guy the England team itself is full of bottle jobs but they need someone like a Klopp/Simeone type manager to get the best out of the team, problem is I don't think England could tempt any of them out of club football and there are no good English managers right now
  • dannyboy
    Tony Pulis would've been good imo.

He's Welsh and that's basically England 2.0 so close enough imo
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Southgate isn't going to do much with the team, but let's be honest who else would have taken the job?

Would like someone like Howe but no way would he leave Bournemouth.
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    My view is that we may not win anything under Southgate and he could leave after 2022 for that reason but I think he could have sowed the seeds for a good era to come after. I reckon he won't be afraid to play youth which is only a good thing as we're never going to win anything with the current team but come 2026/2028/2030 (when the current U17/U19/U21 teams who are doing well in their age groups break into the first team) we could be a contender.
  • dannyboy
    The level of coaching is pretty awful as well so might as well fix that first
  • Mufc_4_life
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited December 2016
    Hopefully Southgate does good
    Post edited by Mufc_4_life on
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Hello guys.

I'm "new" in this forum... well, almost new, since in recent days I've been reading and enjoying your stories and I decided to be much more active now.

First of all, I hope you can forgive my English, since I'm not a native speaker (I'm from Spain). I'll try to do my best when I participate in this forum.

As I said, I'm really enjoying your stories and I'll participate actively, beyond reading as I did in recent days.

At the same time, you guys have inspired me to start my own stories. Hopefully, you enjoy it whenever I start them as I do with yours. I realized that the level here is very high in some cases... great graphics, amazings stats, nice videos and pics, and some good "literature" too, which makes the whole experience to be really interesting.

I've seen that most of the stories are based on the Premier League clubs, which is a league I enjoy a lot.

I have an initial idea for my own story (I'm still thinking about it, so I accept suggestions). Since LaLiga is the competition I know the most for obvious reasons, I wanted the story to be located in the Spanish league. But at the same time, I wanted to do something different to the usual big clubs (Barça, Real Madrid, Atlético...).

The idea is to start a fictional story of a young coach who starts his managerial career in a Segunda División club and I was thinking about Rayo Vallecano, which is a humble club that is based in a working-class neighborhood in Madrid that you may know since they've been in Primera División for years. I also thought about other clubs, like Real Zaragoza (who even won some European tournaments in the past) in their way back to glory... or Real Oviedo, a club of the North of Spain that overcame serious financial problems in lower cathegories and they're back in their way to the top division... I'm unsure yet.

Too much for an initial post... In conclusion, "hello everyone!" and I'll see you in the different threads.
  • Ashy
    9729 posts League Winner
    Hello subpop welcome to the forums, glad you have enjoyed the stories so far and I look forward to yours, I don't know a great deal about the lower end clubs in Spain but I can give you a few suggestions;

1. Athletic Bilbao, one of the most strict transfer policies in world football, Bilbao are already a strong team so the challenge with them would be to keep their star players, bring in some following their guidelines and produce an awesome Spanish youth academy for the future, the goal would be to get European football so challenging for the top 4.

2. Real Betis, another team I quite like and they seem to have a few players with high potential such as Antonio Sanabria, Dani Ceballos, Germán Pezzella and Cristiano Piccini. They look like a real fun team and the short term goal would be the top half of the table going up to the Europa League places with this team.

3. Sevilla Atlético, they are in the second league and are doing quite well this season, they are the 'reserve' team of Sevilla and in real life cannot get promoted, however on Fifa I think they can. So here is the story line you could take over this team and branch away from Sevilla and have it as an independent team, the squad as tons of young talent looking at their potentials so in the future you could get promoted and have a big rivalry with Sevilla in the future and even overtake them at one point.

I've been very tempted to do a story like the 3rd option I've suggested with teams such as Sevilla Atlético or 1860 München
  • Mufc_4_life
    Ashy that 3rd Idea is amazing
  • Valo
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ....but why

Why

Legend, ended Wiz Khalifa.
  • dannyboy
    ....but why

Why

Legend, ended Wiz Khalifa.

He's fuming on twitter
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    subpop wrote: »
    I also thought about other clubs, like Real Zaragoza (who even won some European tournaments in the past) in their way back to glory... or Real Oviedo, a club of the North of Spain that overcame serious financial problems in lower cathegories and they're back in their way to the top division... I'm unsure yet.
    Looking forward to see your story too!
    Zaragoza could be a good choice, especially because you have the "benchmark" of the 2006/07 season, so you could test yourself against it (in order to first reach it and then do better than it).

• Mufc_4_life
    Hey guys do u know if u can take a Xbox 360 profile and put it on Xbox 1
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Hello, how are all my babes doing?
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Better than Cagliari's defence apparently. :joy:
    Welcome back pal, we've missed you!
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    Kyle wrote: »

Kyle <3

How have you been?
  • dannyboy

:o are you making a thread?
  • Wyojasond
    11558 posts Has That Special Something

Hey!!! Welcome back man! Good to see ya!
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Better than Cagliari's defence apparently. :joy:
    Welcome back pal, we've missed you!

This comment hurts more after today. :(
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro

Kyle <3

How have you been?

I'm doing good, how are you? <3
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro

:o are you making a thread?

Probably not, I don't really have the time anymore. :'(
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro

Nice to see you as well, how have you been?
  • Alastair
    10062 posts Moderator
    edited December 2016

Kyle <3

How have you been?

I'm doing good, how are you? <3

I'm good thanks. :)
  • Wyojasond
    11558 posts Has That Special Something

Nice to see you as well, how have you been?

Oh you know, living the dream. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.