WL as a div3 player

Leandrinho
1177 posts Professional
Qualified for this weekend after 3 attempts (first week I tried to qualify) I was wondering if I have any chance of getting to Silver 3? Are they're a lot of people from div3 or lower who qualified and played WL this year?

Comments

• BYourLord
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2016
    I'm DIV 4-5 player (but I don't play too much seasons tbh) and I got Silver 1 last week (17wins)
    The level isn't that high I was expecting... Only 3-4 really good opponents the others were really narrow lose
  • Leandrinho
    1177 posts Professional
    BYourLord wrote: »
    I'm DIV 4-5 player (but I don't play too much seasons tbh) and I got Silver 1 last week (17wins)

Nice! Hope I get past the bronze ones that would be great for me :p
  • MonKeano
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm div 3 and got silver 2 with 12 games left to play
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    1861 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited December 2016
    You'll be fine, if you're only expecting to get silver 3 then I can pretty much guarantee you'll be very pleasantly surprised as you'll finish much higher imo. There's people in higher divisions than you that can't manage to qualify for FUT champs.
  • You'll easily get gold. I hit gold 2 weeks in a row and got relegated from Div5 once this year. I run very hot and cold though and barely play during the week.
  • Razer94
    1764 posts Play-Off Hero
    i got silver 1 and gold 2 when i was in division 3.. Nothing special really
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    If you win/promote out of DIV3 and can hang in D2, on occasion get relegated... You should be able to do much better then silver 3, if you play all 40 games. I'd set your sights on gold 3. Win 1, lose 1. That's really it. It's not even enough to promote out of D3 but gets you a pretty good rewards AND auto qualify.
  • sturges12345
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    I got silver 3 in 17 games and i am division 3
  • Danz80
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've hit gold 3/3 and I'm floating around 3/4..18 wins is easily achievable mate..
  • Eurocelta83
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I qualified first time last week. Currently in d4, I've been promoted every season though. I got gold 2 (22 wins)
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    Gold 3
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    First time I did it I was in Div 3 and didn't think I'd get 5-10 wins.

Ended up Gold 3.

It wont be as hard as you think it is.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    11367 posts Has That Special Something
    Leandrinho wrote: »
    Qualified for this weekend after 3 attempts (first week I tried to qualify) I was wondering if I have any chance of getting to Silver 3? Are they're a lot of people from div3 or lower who qualified and played WL this year?

I was hitting gold 2 every week when in division 3 you will be very surprised silver 3 is only 8 wins trust me you will do alot better than that if your playing in division 3. Good luck for the weekend.
  • Choepiechakie
    31570 posts National Team Captain
    I always qualified in one trie, cant get out of div3, dont play mid week fifa anymore tho.
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    I got gold 3 in divison 5 atm but i havent played much seasons, i an guessing I am divison 3 skillwise.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I feel like we can put together a good chart of what should and shouldn't be expected of you based on league position (assuming you play enough that you have promoted through all the leagues you normally would at least once.

I for instance am stuck in Division 5 (have gotten with 1-2 points of promoting to Div 4 the last three seasons) and I can not for the life of me qualify for Weekend League. I have tried most weeks and made it to a couple finals in the qualifying tourney but have always lost.

It sounds like Division 3 players fairly regularly can make WL - I am guessing maybe Division 4 players are hit or miss around making WL or not.
  • Leandrinho
    1177 posts Professional
    Thx guys! Feeling a lot better going in to weekend league after reading the comments! Hope it goes ok! Good luck all
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    D3ATHSQUAD wrote: »
    I feel like we can put together a good chart of what should and shouldn't be expected of you based on league position (assuming you play enough that you have promoted through all the leagues you normally would at least once.

I for instance am stuck in Division 5 (have gotten with 1-2 points of promoting to Div 4 the last three seasons) and I can not for the life of me qualify for Weekend League. I have tried most weeks and made it to a couple finals in the qualifying tourney but have always lost.

It sounds like Division 3 players fairly regularly can make WL - I am guessing maybe Division 4 players are hit or miss around making WL or not.

Getting do div 1 is easy, you should qualify by retaining Div 1 all the time instead of playing 4 random matches needing 4 wins in a row against people that can be top 100 or someone bad that ptb and gets a win
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14401 posts Has That Special Something
    Your division status don't matter when it comes to the weekend league.
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Your division status don't matter when it comes to the weekend league.

Totally get that but your Division Standing assuming you are a regular divisions player is still a good indicator of (A) whether you have the skill to qualify for WL and (B) what your chances of success are in WL