FIFA 17 Career Mode Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Issue Summary: Fifa 17 crash after skipping dates
    Issue Details: After joining Barcelona as a manager, as soon as i go in to the new month it seems to crash. i have tried restarting the game it wont work, i even saved the day before going in to the next day as soon as it crashes
    Game Mode: Manager career mode
    Platform : PS4
    Region : Asia
    Gamertag : IceMiilo
    Date & Time : 11:03(SGT) 28/11/2016
  • Reporting a bug from Xbox360 update 28th of November. Career mode.
    The text on teams suddenly have random names. Speakers still say the real names, but my players are named strange names...
  • Issue Summary: Players name change to another language in career mode

Issue Details: When I save in career mode my players names change to the german language also when I load career mode games prior to this glitch those players names have changed as well. I'm not sure why this glitch started happening because I don't play that often to where it can cause this type of issue.

Game Mode: Career Mode

Platform (Xbox 360/Xbox One / PS4 / PS3/PC): PS3

Region: United States

Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID (please state which one): SSgt_ChokeUrSelf

Date & Time (Please include timezone): November 28th, 2016 & 7:30pm EST
  • I am playing the Player Career Mode. I found that "header won" doesnot work no matter how many time I scored the header. Please fix. Tks!
  • kevbot5 wrote: »
    Issue Summary: Transfer Budget Bug
    Issue Details: Absurd increase in Transfer Budget
    Game Mode: Career Mode - Manager
    Platform (Xbox 360/Xbox One / PS4 / PS3/PC): PC
    Region: US
    Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID (please state which one): kmwright5
    Date & Time (Please include timezone): 10/4/2016 2am MT.

Notes: I won League Two with Crew Alexandra and my transfer budget increased from $2.5 million to $285 million to start off the next season in League One. I don't think all the teams in League One even have a total of $285 million if you combine there starting transfer budgets.

The same thing happened to me with Crew Alexandra. Every single season I'm given around 200 million pounds. I've been finishing between first and third every year and I've gotten that much every time. I specifically started a career mode with CA so that I could rebuild through youth development and then that happens. Unfortunately, I'm weak-willed and when I saw that much budget I just couldn't resist buying Neymar. Had to sign him for 800k a week, lmao, but I signed him. Regardless, it's an annoying glitch that's going to be lingering over my playthrough.
  • Caltson
    47 posts Last Pick at the Park

Issue Summary:
    Youth players age from 16 to 57 after editing their outfit.

Issue Details:
    When you try to edit a (computer generated) youth player's appereance in the Manager's career mode, this youth player ages from 16 to the age of 57. He also retires the next season due to old age.

This issue only seems to occur with youth players born in 2000 or later. Youth players born in 1999 or earlier do not have the bug present.

The bug was also present in FIFA 15 and FIFA 16. (!)

Game Mode:
    Career mode - Manager

Platform:
    Sony Playstation 3

Region:
    Europe

PSN ID:
    Caltson

Date & Time (Please include timezone):
    Since March 2015 on FIFA 15.
    Discovered on FIFA 17 on November 22nd, 09:00PM CET

Screenshot:
    SAM_3593.JPG
  • Issue Summary: Freeze
    Issue Details: Just freezes at the menu where you can advance the days. Can only save, cant even exit the game mode. Sometimes I am allowed to advance in days but then it freezes again on stopping simulation. Sometimes i can switch screens as well but whatever I switch to gets frozen as well. Does this consistently even after restarting reloading the game etc.
    Platform (Xbox One/PS4/PC/Xbox 360/PS3): Xbox One
    Region: East Coast USA
    Gamertag / PSN / Origin ID: JMountain26
    Date & Time: 11th November 2016
  • Issue Summary: Can't get through a date

Issue Details: I'm on the 1st September of 2018 in my career mode with Chelsea. I have a match against Stoke City but when I finished the match the game freezed (the music still play though). Same problem if I simulate ithe match or if I go to a further date through the calendar. I tried to load a previous save and desinstall/reinstall the game but nothing worked.

Platform (Xbox One/PS4/PC/Xbox 360/PS3): PC

Region: Europe, Belgium

Gamertag / PSN / Origin ID: GuillianSteppe

Date & Time: 1th December 2016 at 15:30 GTM
  • blarghhboy wrote: »
    kevbot5 wrote: »

Notes: I won League Two with Crew Alexandra and my transfer budget increased from $2.5 million to $285 million to start off the next season in League One. I don't think all the teams in League One even have a total of $285 million if you combine there starting transfer budgets.

The same thing happened to me with Crew Alexandra. Every single season I'm given around 200 million pounds. I've been finishing between first and third every year and I've gotten that much every time. I specifically started a career mode with CA so that I could rebuild through youth development and then that happens. Unfortunately, I'm weak-willed and when I saw that much budget I just couldn't resist buying Neymar. Had to sign him for 800k a week, lmao, but I signed him. Regardless, it's an annoying glitch that's going to be lingering over my playthrough.

Same has happened to me for my Wexford Youths and now Arka Gdynia teams. The first two seasons are fine then in the third season I received ridiculous transfer budgets--around $250 Million + that you are talking about. I noticed that in the beginning of the season, the Transfer - Wage meter was fine. Then towards the end of the season, I started getting ridiculous amounts of wage budgets. It is very disheartening to spend a lot of time with low level teams for two years and start to build them up then get $250 Million. Check your team value too. Mine says $15 Billion or something stupid like that. Very frustrating.
  • blarghhboy wrote: »
    kevbot5 wrote: »

Same has happened to me for my Wexford Youths and now Arka Gdynia teams. The first two seasons are fine then in the third season I received ridiculous transfer budgets--around $250 Million + that you are talking about. I noticed that in the beginning of the season, the Transfer - Wage meter was fine. Then towards the end of the season, I started getting ridiculous amounts of wage budgets. It is very disheartening to spend a lot of time with low level teams for two years and start to build them up then get $250 Million. Check your team value too. Mine says $15 Billion or something stupid like that. Very frustrating.

Do we have any idea why this is happening? I thought maybe it was related to me Loaning to Buy a player. Did either of you do a loan to buy option? I don't see a lot of other people talking about this massive transfer budget problem--so I'm trying to figure out the cause.
  • Issue Summary: Cannot continue into game from training drill in career mode
    Issue Details: If I go from the career mode menu into playing a game, right before the game starts you can first play a random training drill, or skip towards the game. If I choose to start a training drill, I cannot continue from there into the actual game. I can restart the drill over and over again but the "skip towards game" action is not available anymore. Only way to resolve this right now is to manually terminate the game, start again and always skip the offered training drill before even starting it once.
    Platform: PC (using XB1 Controller)
    Region: Germany
    Origin ID: bumpy_flapjack
    Date & Time: Nov 11th, 2016, 10pm CET

I am also having the same problem.

Platform: PC
    Origin ID: pfgosher
    Date & Time: Dec 2nd 2016
  • Sacked from international job. Career mode moved from one season to the next after my World Cup group stage games. Upon starting the new season, there were no more World Cup games. Of course this led to my firing since I was tasked with reaching the finals.

Platform: Xbox 360
  • darkclownz wrote: »
    Issue Summary: National Team Not in the world cup
    Issue Details: Managing the USMNT( no qualification round) asks to finalise the roster for the world cup but isnt actually among the WC groups ( this happened in '22 and '26, this also happened in fifa 16 and 15)
    Game Mode: Career Mode (manager)
    Platform (Xbox 360/Xbox One / PS4 / PS3/PC): Xbox
    Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID (please state which one): darkclownz
    Date & Time (Please include timezone): 10/20/2016 11:20pm est

I have the same thing right now. Had to choose the squad for the World Cup but can't play the games at all. This bug was also in previous Fifas but I thought they would finally fix it. I am on PS4
  • KingCarlitos
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2016
    Issue Summary: FIFA 17 Career Mode advancing causes buzzing sound from PC box
    Issue Details: Whenever I advance on the calender in career mode my PC makes a loud buzzing sound, the game does not crash however the sound did not always occur and this is a concern.
    Platform (Xbox One/PS4/PC/Xbox 360/PS3): PC
    Region: South Africa
    Gamertag / PSN / Origin ID: KingCarlitos
    Date & Time: 4th December 2016 at 16:14 CAT
  • Issue Summary: Training session before matches are not playable.

Issue Details:
    While playing in career mode and choosing to control only your player, it happens very often that the training during the loading of the match is not playable. For example, sometimes it is the passing training where some other player starts with the ball. You can’t control the other player and he doesn’t pass.

Game Mode: Career mode
    Platform: Playstation 4
    Region: Europe
    PSN ID: rrkawa
    Date & Time: December 2nd, 09:00PM CET
  • Issue Summary: Restart Match Item messes up with career mode.

Issue Details:
    First step is to acquire the “Restart Match” in the catalogue. That’s a level 5 item. This gives the option to restart a match in career mode. First of all, this is quite useless, since this option is only available at the end of the match, not during it.
    The worst part is that it’s buggy.
    How to reproduce:
    1) Play the match in career mode controlling the whole team.
    2) After the end of the match chose to restart match.
    What happens next is that the match restarts but it doesn’t seem to be in career mode anymore You won’t see the player score on the top right of the screen. When you pause the game you realize that all the menus are not from the career mode. You don’t see your player statistics, instead you see the formation of the team and some other options to quite/restart match.

• Issue Summary: Fair Play = Bad Passing!
    Issue Details:
    Not sure if this is considered a bug or just laziness of developers. Anyway, seems to me that the career mode (as it happens year after year) lacks testing.
    How to reproduce:
    Enter a match in “career mode - player” and chose to control only your player.
    Next you need a situation where there’s an injury during the match and the referee stops the game.
    After that the referee will call for a drop ball.
    If your player is called to be in front of the drop ball, there’s nothing you can do, he will do the “fair play” and kick the ball to the other’s team defence. Once that happens, guess what, you get penalized for “bad passing” and your players match performance score decreases.

• Edgarzinho
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2016
    Issue Summary: Can't play as a created CDM in player career mode
    Issue Details: Basically, when I start a player career, and decide to create a player, the game won't allow me to play as a CDM (of the playermaker or box-to-box CDM player type) in a team who use a 433 shape with one CDM. I'm always positioned as LCM or RCM instead CDM.
    Game Mode: Player Career Mode
    Platform (Xbox 360/Xbox One / PS4 / PS3/PC): PS4
    Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID (please state which one): PSN - Heiwa-Shizen
    Date & Time (Please include timezone): December 5th, 09:06PM UTC
    Post edited by Edgarzinho on
  • SooJ
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Issue Summary: Pre-Contract Player Joined Other Club

Issue Details: Using Manchester United I agreed a Pre-contract with Eriksen, but during the window he moved to Barcelona, but I can still see him in my contracts view. Even though I received a message saying pre-contract player have arrived. He's not a playable player. I can select release from contract but he'll still remain in my 'sell players' screen. I actually had this bug as well when I was still playing FIFA 16 but only happened a month or two after i bought FIFA 17.

Platform (Xbox One/PS4/PC/Xbox 360/PS3): PS4

Region: Malaysia

Gamertag / PSN / Origin ID: dsooj (PSN)

Date & Time: 5th December 2016 (not sure about the time)
  • Having a problem with Career Mode. I have a career mode with Manchester United and have got to about March time in my first season. No matter what alterations I make to my players on edit player, when i come to play a game, all my players and opposition players are wearing short sleeves with no undershirt for example. For example, Wayne Rooney is meant to be always wearing an undershirt but he never does now. How do I fix this.
  • Issue Summary: Game freezes when advancing on the 1st day of the month

Issue Details:
    Game freezes when advancing on the 1st day of the month. I noticed that it only freezes on the 1st day of the month. One way I tried bypassing the freeze is to go to the calendar and sim to the 2nd date of the month. However, even that has failed...

PSN ID:
    Date & Time: December 9th
  • Arayas
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm gonna sign off from this garbage. I can't understand career mode anymore, it's trashed. THIS FIFA became a game for FUT lovers not for dedicated players playing career.
    I usually start with a 4th league team working my way up, season by season. Now, something new: winner of Europa League last season, passing the group stage of Champions league this season, NO MONEY for transfer budget. No matter i win or do, i end up with the 4th league budget for transfer in Premier League! But under "finances" i have 40+ M profit! WHO CARES?!? What to buy with 4M budget? Grapes? This EA guys have a mental problem. I'M DONE WITH FIFA!!
  • Issue Summary: Game is stuck on the 1st of february.
    Issue Details: In my career mode with Manchester City after the 2nd transfer window, the 1st of february, the game doesn't go furter. When i press on simulate the game doesn't do anything.
    Platform: PS4
    Region: Belgium
    Gamertag / PSN / Origin ID: Fr3sh_PR1Nc9
    Date & Time: 10 December 2016 21:20
  • Waylon wrote: »
    Issue Summary: Loan to buy(2yr)
    Issue Details: I recieved renato sanches and marcus rashford for 2yr loan to buy. After two years, i accepted the clause and essentially tried putting in wages. At the winter transfer window, i received an email from bayern munich and man U about not accepting the clause. They then forcefully took the players. (ps): The area where the name of the clubs are suppose to be in the emails, are out of wack.
    Game Mode: FIFA 17 Manager Career mode
    Region: Western United States
    Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID (please state which one): Origin: FCB331
    Date & Time (Please include timezone): 9/30/16 9:06 A.M. (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

I have the exact same problem it is so frustrating it has happened with 3 players now
  • Issue Summary: No Transfer Budget Increase/Tournament Winnings
    Issue Details: Won the Premier League and was supposed to receive £125,606,642 to my transfer budget for the upcoming season and I have had no increase in transfer budget at all. Ruined my entire career mode experience, whats the point in winning competitions?
    Game Mode: Fifa 17 Manager Career Mode
    Platform PS4

Sort this out
  • Issue Summary: Financial Reward not added to budget
    Issue Details: Using Real Oviedo, won La Liga Santander & Spanish Cup in season 2. Rewards of £120,000,000 (unrealistic in itself but ok) and £1,000,000 were not added to my budget, which meant that I did not have enough to cover the agreed loan-to-buy fee for Goncalo Guedes. I've never encountered this issue previously.
    Platform (Xbox One/PS4/PC/Xbox 360/PS3): Xbox One
    Region: United States
    Gamertag / PSN / Origin ID: Amerigoon
    Date & Time: 12th December 2016 at 15:00 EST
  • Issue Summary: Boots purchased from Catalogue are not appearing in the boot list in any edit mode
    Issue Details: Same as summary. Specifically addidas 17.1 all black and black pet/silver as well as several other boots. It looks to all be the most recent release of addidas boots no other brand appears to be affected at this time
    Game Mode: Career Mode, but regular Edit Player in main menu also is missing the newly acquired boots
    Platform (Xbox 360/Xbox One / PS4 / PS3/PC): Xbox One
    Region: USA
    Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID (please state which one): II PUN1SHER II
    Date & Time (Please include timezone): 12.8.2016
  • rneal11 wrote: »
    Having a problem with Career Mode. I have a career mode with Manchester United and have got to about March time in my first season. No matter what alterations I make to my players on edit player, when i come to play a game, all my players and opposition players are wearing short sleeves with no undershirt for example. For example, Wayne Rooney is meant to be always wearing an undershirt but he never does now. How do I fix this.

I have also noticed that along your observation, I have also noticed that if you edit a player and give him say an arm band or some accessory during the summer, after the winter is over and the season turns to "spring" the player is no longer wearing wrist tape in the game. It's almost like the game does not refresh the players to their default settings it doesn't know what to do
  • hastonp wrote: »
    Issue Summary: No Transfer Budget Increase/Tournament Winnings
    Issue Details: Won the Premier League and was supposed to receive £125,606,642 to my transfer budget for the upcoming season and I have had no increase in transfer budget at all. Ruined my entire career mode experience, whats the point in winning competitions?
    Game Mode: Fifa 17 Manager Career Mode
    Platform PS4

Sort this out

I agree with this 100%. It's the same on XBOX One career mode too...
  • andy_ferrara
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2016
    I have a glitch, where I sign Manolas on a 6 month left on his contract. I then get an email next season that he has come, however he's not in my squad, not in training however he shows on transfer list
    Console:PS4
    Game Mode: Manager Career Mode
    Region: Australia
    PSN: sloth_kingz
    Date: 13th of December 4:57 aest
    Edit he's gone to Manchester city instead, do I release him?
    Post edited by andy_ferrara on