The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

FIFA 17 Starhead Thread

Comments

• Irony
    13 posts Ball Boy
    Banno89 wrote: »
    Banno89 wrote: »
    I'm on about you lot should grow up, seriously getting angry because a few people don't look like what they should do in real life!! If they did do head scans for 95% of fifa i have no doubt you'll find something else to moan about. Go play PES if you dont like fifa.

You type of people are the problem. We pay for a full disc, not half. They have enough time to implement things before release but don't. Nothing changes because people like you who have other game modes to play dont care. You dont care because you dont have to start a career mode all over again at Christmas because EA didnt implement faces when they should have. Why comment in a thread which is full of people who are rightly complaining? Just don't comment and fuel even more anger. Or is that your agenda?

I think you might find i actually play both modes so don't just assume i play FUT because i don't!! I'm just saying there is more to life then a computer game and getting angry over star heads. Why not wait till Friday to see if they release star heads like everyone is suggesting? Just because they released some around this time last year does not mean they have to follow in sync just to make you happy. As i said in my other post once you receive them no doubt you'll have something else to moan about!

I appologise as it seems I was wrong if you do indeed play all the modes. I work 8am until 10pm 4 days a week and I have a family which leaves me with hardly any time to myself which means I do not want to buy the game half finished then play career mode, only to have to restart career mode at Christmas when EA can be bothered to release a patch when it should be in the full game when released. As you can imagine, I feel as if all those precious hours spent on career mode are wasted, time which I can never recoup. I also try my best to qualify for the weekend league and usually do and I usually get gold 1. On the odd couple of weeks I don't qualufy after 8 attempts as my 89 passing rated Payet can't pass 3 feet! It's not just this issue of starhead which is making people angry, it's all the fustrations put together which make people really anmoyed at EA. You seem to be missing the point here. It isn't that we moan because we want every player in the game scanned, the point is that they seem to take forever to implement faces they scanned months ago. They also have a new engine which makes it easier to use front facing pictures alone to recreate our favourate players. It's cheaper and easier to do which means they could custom make thousands of faces using a similar technique to gameface and bring out faces in small patches throughout the season which are Old Save compatible rather than scanning 70 players a season and making us wait for months only to tell us we have to restart the career mode my spare time has been put into as I am a very in depth player. It makes me go on ultimate team at the start of fifa until Christmas when everything that should have been there since release is finally added. When thousands of players do this, they make more money and that's all that counts. Nowadays we pay twice the price for less.Their communication is terrible and unclear too.

I really don't think it can't be stated more clearly. I understand that there is plenty of immature hating going on in here but there are also very mature, responsible people claiming how bad things have become.

If anyone has a problem with this explanation then we will have to agree to disagree.
  • GT1993
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yeah guys,i just check it...coutinho have his new face in my career...u don't have to restart..Great News!!Hoping for wijnaldum and karius....
  • OfficialOle
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Screenshot_20161116_161947.png

Typical EA can't give us a date, I bet the scans won't be on til fifa 18 smh

Typical FIFA 17 Forum member. Drawing conclusions.
  • ChrisW1991
    1116 posts Professional
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Screenshot_20161116_161947.png

Typical EA can't give us a date, I bet the scans won't be on til fifa 18 smh

Typical FIFA 17 Forum member. Drawing conclusions.

Can you blame me how lazy EA are
  • OfficialOle
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    That's fair, but people always draw conclusion way too early. Everybody supposedly "knows" how EA do stuff, thinks and their plans. EA are equally interested making it a good game as we are, but there's always something that could block them from doing what they WANT to do. Not always about being lazy.
  • ChrisW1991
    1116 posts Professional
    That's fair, but people always draw conclusion way too early. Everybody supposedly "knows" how EA do stuff, thinks and their plans. EA are equally interested making it a good game as we are, but there's always something that could block them from doing what they WANT to do. Not always about being lazy.

If they actually communicated properly with us then half of us would have anything to moan about being we would all be updated with what's going on and what updates were getting
  • Nkp20mufc
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2016
    One year they were added in a third update. Hope for the same, but the developer on twitter doesnt work in that department so he doesnt have that information right now about the promoted teams. Sounds like they will be compatible with your old save file tho so thats good.
  • Irony
    13 posts Ball Boy

I'm providing a passionate rebuttal, not arguing with you. It's fair to say that EA have alienated many, particularly players who don't worship UT. Laziness, incompetence, arrogance, whatever you want to call it FIFA has it. All you have to do is read our frustrstions: lack of innovations in career mode for years now, same glitches from past games 2-3 years in a row, UT seems to be the ONLY focus, etc... To me, this is something that wonders away from conventionality and veers into something truly agitating. Be that laziness I don't know, but whatever it is they definitely have bags of it.
  • FIFA 17 you can call FUT 17 :)
    Sorry EA but no progress in career mode since several years. This year some faces oh oh
  • And the journey, One year, seriously :)
  • Hugo_TT
    913 posts Professional
    Someone, who play FUT, have the faces updated?
  • Micola789
    205 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sorry if this has already been covered but I just tweeted that Joao bararo guy saying you said there was 70 faces mean to be added and he said added not updated but to me nothing's changed regarding any players
  • jimenezus
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    what about Radja Nainggolan, its the most diferent player vs real life, do something about his haircut
  • Would be nice if we could add modders faces into FIFA on PS4...
  • LoboMauProfile
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I don't believe the faces have anything to do with friday's update. Otherwyse Coutinho's face wouldn't be in the game yet also.
  • I don't believe the faces have anything to do with friday's update. Otherwyse Coutinho's face wouldn't be in the game yet also.
    Maybe because Coutinho already had a real face, unlike Wijnaldum or Pereyra, for example, that have really bad generic faces. They maybe were scanned this year, and to put a new model into the game requires more time and work than update an already existent model you know?? Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I think...
  • dmur
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Lavinas wrote: »
    I don't believe the faces have anything to do with friday's update. Otherwyse Coutinho's face wouldn't be in the game yet also.
    Maybe because Coutinho already had a real face, unlike Wijnaldum or Pereyra, for example, that have really bad generic faces. They maybe were scanned this year, and to put a new model into the game requires more time and work than update an already existent model you know?? Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I think...

Here's hoping mate
  • Irony
    13 posts Ball Boy
    dmur wrote: »
    Lavinas wrote: »

Here's hoping mate

That is what I read from these forums, and that's what I've gone off of in the past. Just go back a few pages, you'll find the discussion.
  • WIEM3RMAN
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2016
    I don't why why people are panicking ? Wasn't it the same last year that the update came a few days before, and the new faces didn't appear until the squad update ?
  • T1m0
    8 posts Ball Boy
    I don't know how to break this to you, but he had that custom in FIFA 16 too bro...
  • Baz83
    67 posts Park Captain
    Just been on my teams website it says EA are scouting and recruiting local talent to help with there clubs i.e players likenesses etc. let's hope they get some top modders in to sort all the issues out with the starheads cos it definately needs sorting.
  • LuisGarcia
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    Baz83 wrote: »
    Just been on my teams website it says EA are scouting and recruiting local talent to help with there clubs i.e players likenesses etc. let's hope they get some top modders in to sort all the issues out with the starheads cos it definately needs sorting.

If this is true, than they are finally listening what the starheads community wants.
  • due to sofifa the last squad update was released on monday 14th november, that means it was released before the patch came out.
    Maybe we get the new faces tomorrow with the squad update, fingers crossed.
  • airpreezy wrote: »
    due to sofifa the last squad update was released on monday 14th november, that means it was released before the patch came out.

Good point.

• ENGENGAI
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    airpreezy wrote: »
    due to sofifa the last squad update was released on monday 14th november, that means it was released before the patch came out.

PC patch came before that squad update though..
  • mickjacobjr
    1212 posts Professional
    https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/dp/data_pack2

The competitor putting EA to shame
  • mathial
    20 posts Last Pick at the Park

OMG! I really must say that the exteriors on PES are amazing! Also, the fact that they add 3 stadiums and 100 faces means that EA also is capable of doing something like this.

Let's hope EA gets inspired by this!
  • mickjacobjr
    1212 posts Professional
    mathial wrote: »

OMG! I really must say that the exteriors on PES are amazing! Also, the fact that they add 3 stadiums and 100 faces means that EA also is capable of doing something like this.

Let's hope EA gets inspired by this!

This will be there second face pack added since launch
  • ZizioGardo
    1424 posts Professional
    LuisGarcia wrote: »

If this is true, than they are finally listening what the starheads community wants.

That has nothing to do with faces at all. It's about player stats and other info like traits ect.
  • LuisGarcia
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2016
    ZizioGardo wrote: »
    LuisGarcia wrote: »

That has nothing to do with faces at all. It's about player stats and other info like traits ect.

Damm to good to be true. 100 faces ! Wow. I know what to do next week
This discussion has been closed.