THE FALSE 9 (433-5) FORMATION GUIDE - DOMINATE PLAY (NEW CUSTOM TACTICS AND INSTRUCTIONS)

Comments

• Krunk_Fu
    214 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rues would be a dream cf i bet <3
  • Solari
    1880 posts Play-Off Hero
    Solari wrote: »
    Current team right now and I've followed all the instructions on page1. However, my score is always 0-0 or 0-1 and not able to create much chances. I'm more a wing players, does this formation fit me? any suggestion will be much appreciated!

In terms of improvement,
    1 - Matic over Pereyra ( will that be too defensive?)
    2 - SCREAM Matip over Zouma
    3 - LB, need a faster one?
    UuefjR2.png

I think that midfield is already too defensive, don't forget you're already without a striker, I like a midfielder to run beyond the F9 when he drops.
    I would maybe sell Kante and spend the coins on DeBruyne, if you want a cheaper variation maybe someone like Herrera (any H/M CM really).

Also if you haven't already set your wingers to Stay Forward, Cut Inside and Run in Behind, with no striker you need to get them into goalscoring positions.
    Thanks!! I have sold Kante now and will use Alli for now. Will get KDB after BF (and hopefully Pogba one day)!

will double check my CT on wings and let you know how it goes!
  • Solari
    1880 posts Play-Off Hero
    Solari wrote: »
    Current team right now and I've followed all the instructions on page1. However, my score is always 0-0 or 0-1 and not able to create much chances. I'm more a wing players, does this formation fit me? any suggestion will be much appreciated!

In terms of improvement,
    1 - Matic over Pereyra ( will that be too defensive?)
    2 - SCREAM Matip over Zouma
    3 - LB, need a faster one?
    UuefjR2.png

I think that midfield is already too defensive, don't forget you're already without a striker, I like a midfielder to run beyond the F9 when he drops.
    I would maybe sell Kante and spend the coins on DeBruyne, if you want a cheaper variation maybe someone like Herrera (any H/M CM really).

Also if you haven't already set your wingers to Stay Forward, Cut Inside and Run in Behind, with no striker you need to get them into goalscoring positions.

Yeah as stated, your midfield is way too defensive. Due to playing a CAM at CF you need goalscoring options in CM. If you're staying BPL then try De Bruyne, Ramsey, Wilshere, Herrera, Yaya or Gundogan.
    Also your left back isn't too slow, he's just not right for the formation. Try Baines or Shaw. :)
    sounds like Herrera is the popular choice, will try him out!
  • MonKeano
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2016
    GL wrote: »
    MonKeano wrote: »
    Anyone have a nice Ben arfa team?

d1c09e2f1f.jpg

Sometimes I play like Pep, other times I get rekt. More success than not tho.
    I've been a vocal non supporter of Di Maria, but swap wings and he's amazing

I won't be able to afford this as it's my second team but I like the idea. Might try a different version of it
  • gresh1978
    2664 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is what I've come up with for a starter team;

TYC0DNb.jpg

Any changes that I could make?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited November 2016
    gresh1978 wrote: »

TYC0DNb.jpg

Get somebody who can shoot and pass in the midfield. They're okay but when you hold up play with the cf and then lay it off to cm making the run you don't want either one of them in front of net...

Just adds another threat to game to have that option. Going through the cf all the time for goals will get old real fast and easy to stop. Muller for me assists just as much as he scores. Same goes for jonas.
  • gresh1978
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

TYC0DNb.jpg

Get somebody who can shoot and pass in the midfield. They're okay but when you hold up play with the cf and then lay it off to cm making the run you don't want either one of them in front of net...

Just adds another threat to game to have that option. Going through the cf all the time for goals will get old real fast and easy to stop. Muller for me assists just as much as he scores. Same goes for jonas.

Any recommendations for the midfield two?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    edited November 2016

TYC0DNb.jpg

Price point?
  • gresh1978

TYC0DNb.jpg

Price point?

Currently have 26k
  • gresh1978
    @Kip2MyLou also thinking of a team with Giuliano any ideas what would be best? Or what would be the best F9 team?
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    I don't use bpl that much but there's plenty of good midfielders. Kante, henderson, can, Wilshire, Herrera just to name a few. I would just move fellani to cdm or get rid of him and/or Matic. Kinda the same player. They will both work in that cdm role. I use can and he does fine in that role. That way your 2 other CM spots are open for a box to box do it all type player and a more offensive minded cm
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    Yaaqov wrote: »
    Sorry, yes you did change pressure. to around 60, so I wasn't far off with that.
    Can you play FUT offline then?

Single player
  • nicklasolling
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @Kip2MyLou also thinking of a team with Giuliano any ideas what would be best? Or what would be the best F9 team?

I'm currently using Giuliano in my fitness squad, and he is great! This is the team:

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2162061/

And my first team is this one:

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2201181/

Where i have sold gundogan and kante to try to brace for an BF crash if it hoppens, and i plan on buying them back then ☺️

Any ideas to upgrades to first team?
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional

TYC0DNb.jpg

Get rid of Fellaini and Fer. Keep Fer if you like as he could be a good b2b midfielder. Get a more offensive cm who can score and create goals. Also replace Fuchs if you can, he's not good enough for the formation. The wingers can dribble well but their shots are a bit lacklustre; try Martial, Depay, Mkhitaryan or Feghouli.
  • gresh1978

TYC0DNb.jpg

Get rid of Fellaini and Fer. Keep Fer if you like as he could be a good b2b midfielder. Get a more offensive cm who can score and create goals. Also replace Fuchs if you can, he's not good enough for the formation. The wingers can dribble well but their shots are a bit lacklustre; try Martial, Depay, Mkhitaryan or Feghouli.

Gone with Ramsey for my box to box and Eriksen as my more offensive midfield. Taken Fuchs out and replaced with Baines. Whats the best team you've used and the ultimate team to use without any Legend players, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc etc.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    A, probably very stupid, question. I had most success so far with 5-2-1-2. I actually have mostly more possession than my oppenents but find the formation to be a bid one dimensional. My favourite formation would be 4-2-3-1, from a football loving point of view, but this formation doesnt work in FIFA at all. The spaces between players are just too big.

So a passing tika taka game would be my cup up tea. I seldom shoot outside the box, I try to either set a player up for an easy goal or look for a through ball for a one on one with the keeper. I dont use any skills but the occasional fake shot. I can cut with wingers using skill moves.

Is it possible to play a successful 4-3-3(5) game without the need to skill.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Hody wrote: »
    A, probably very stupid, question. I had most success so far with 5-2-1-2. I actually have mostly more possession than my oppenents but find the formation to be a bid one dimensional. My favourite formation would be 4-2-3-1, from a football loving point of view, but this formation doesnt work in FIFA at all. The spaces between players are just too big.

So a passing tika taka game would be my cup up tea. I seldom shoot outside the box, I try to either set a player up for an easy goal or look for a through ball for a one on one with the keeper. I dont use any skills but the occasional fake shot. I can cut with wingers using skill moves.

Sounds exactly how I play. Skill moves have been nerfed this year anyway. I use them in the rarest occasion. And I hardly ever take long shots either. Like to work it around or play a through ball to my cf.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Sounds exactly how I play. Skill moves have been nerfed this year anyway. I use them in the rarest occasion. And I hardly ever take long shots either. Like to work it around or play a through ball to my cf.

Cool, thought I am the only skill move spastic out there. So you are saying I could do it (forest)?
  • gresh1978

Cool, thought I am the only skill move spastic out there. So you are saying I could do it (forest)?

I tend not to use many skill moves either. My play style heavily depends on a good passing game with one or two crosses.
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional

TYC0DNb.jpg

Gone with Ramsey for my box to box and Eriksen as my more offensive midfield. Taken Fuchs out and replaced with Baines. Whats the best team you've used and the ultimate team to use without any Legend players, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar etc etc.

I haven't really used many cheap teams with this formation as I got lucky with packs at the start ;)
    Good players to try when you can are Douglas Costa, Muller, Vidal, Benzema, Florenzi, Alaba (god), Griezmann and more (check the 1st page players and pick any from the top ones I suggested) any of these players can make a mid tier team a top one, especially the attackers. Finding balance in a team is the most important thing though :) what's your budget? I can make you a team if you like.
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional

Hopefully this formation is for you then! The most important thing with wingers is being able to beat a player when needs be, so no matter how you do that it'll work! One thing I will say is that through balls to the striker seldom come, it'll mostly be centre mids who overlap into goalscoring positions. Control the tempo of the game and it'll come to you, it's extremely close to how 4231 plays irl in terms of retaining possession.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Hopefully this formation is for you then! The most important thing with wingers is being able to beat a player when needs be, so no matter how you do that it'll work! One thing I will say is that through balls to the striker seldom come, it'll mostly be centre mids who overlap into goalscoring positions. Control the tempo of the game and it'll come to you, it's extremely close to how 4231 plays irl in terms of retaining possession.

Thanks @Fred is Bae I will report tomorrow how it went in my qualifiying attempts today. I know I might waste them, but its better than trying online friendlies I guess

• Yaaqov
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sorry, yes you did change pressure. to around 60, so I wasn't far off with that.

Single player

Got it, yes. It happens quite often my connection is dropped (probably because I am in China.
    After your comments on my top squad and your recommendations I sold my squad, and now waiting to by a new one once the market has dropped.

I might go for a buindesliga defence, if I can afford it. (Alaba, Hummels, Boateng, Lahm)
    Then I was thinking Kadhira or Bender as CDM,, not sure, depending how I am going to build the rest. Want 100 Chem and pers cam >7

As for the CT, don't know if it works for me, lol. With my current much lesser team than I had, I play at the same level, results areabout the same. From an attacking point of view I am doing about the same slightly better.
    From a defence point of view I get surprised with early goals (most of the time the only one the opponent gets). Not sure whether that is CT or player, having Fernandez and ruiz as CB in team one and Martinez and Mascherano in 2.
  • nicklasolling
    546 posts An Exciting Prospect

Single player

Got it, yes. It happens quite often my connection is dropped (probably because I am in China.
    After your comments on my top squad and your recommendations I sold my squad, and now waiting to by a new one once the market has dropped.

I might go for a buindesliga defence, if I can afford it. (Alaba, Hummels, Boateng, Lahm)
    Then I was thinking Kadhira or Bender as CDM,, not sure, depending how I am going to build the rest. Want 100 Chem and pers cam >7

As for the CT, don't know if it works for me, lol. With my current much lesser team than I had, I play at the same level, results areabout the same. From an attacking point of view I am doing about the same slightly better.
    From a defence point of view I get surprised with early goals (most of the time the only one the opponent gets). Not sure whether that is CT or player, having Fernandez and ruiz as CB in team one and Martinez and Mascherano in 2.

A cheap er back four couldnt also be Juventus (Sandro, bonucci, chiellini/barzagli and Alves). The work wonders and if you want khedira, he will fit right in ☺️ you couldnt fit in some great brazilian wingers or cm's to get full chem on the fullbacks, etc. Douglas Costa and Coutinho ☺️ or any calcio a player ☺️
  • Yaaqov
    382 posts Sunday League Hero

Single player

A cheap er back four couldnt also be Juventus (Sandro, bonucci, chiellini/barzagli and Alves). The work wonders and if you want khedira, he will fit right in ☺️ you couldnt fit in some great brazilian wingers or cm's to get full chem on the fullbacks, etc. Douglas Costa and Coutinho ☺️ or any calcio a player ☺️

Will keep it in mind... Just love german defence, reus and muller.. Currently have almost 500K
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2016
    Bloody wow! I played three games - all WL qualifiers. First game with a Calcio A side. Won 1:0, 8 vs 8 shots, 58% possession, 50% of all shots on target. Felt I could have won higher.

Second game with a Süper Lig Side. 6 va 14 shots, 52% possesion. Coulnt score however and lost 0:1. He had more shots, more shoting accuracy, so fair play to him.

Last game, with LaLiga side - opp team was called swifties - should have been sweaties. 4-3-2-1 with Martial, Sturridge, Mahrez Went up front 2:0 two beautiful goal by Gomes and Turan, one prettier than the other. Then he pulled two back, first long shot with Mahrez and second pure sweat with Sturridge. Then I did a wrong throw with the goal, sturridge pass to Mahrez - he led 2:3. I pulled one back with a beautiful goal by Rakitic. Kinda cut in with Musonda on the edge of the box, pass to the top of the box to Rakitic and Finesse into the top corner. Then I even took the lead on a through ball to Hernandez, whom I did subsitiute for Turan. Straight from the goal he uses the kick off glitch, Navas parries and Mahrez gets the rebound.
    Neatless to say, that I lost the game on pens, I could have scored a goal or two more, but Czech did a good job and one time the ball bounced before I could shoot.

Overall I am very happy. The way to play football like this is very appealing. It's so nice when different players score goals. Only defense with it's sometimes a hassle. Maybe I should lower the pressure a bit? Currently I am using @Fred is Bae instructions and tactics.

• Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional

Single player

Will keep it in mind... Just love german defence, reus and muller.. Currently have almost 500K

Alaba is amazing so maybe Barz/Bonnuci/Khedira/Any serie A keeper.
    Then you can have Alaba/Sanches/Costa on the left :) Muller too if you like. Then whatever you feel for the right!
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner

Single player

Then you can have Alaba/Sanches/Costa on the left :) Muller too if you like. Then whatever you feel for the right!

That's a great team. Might go that route when I get the coins. Ha. Love Muller and sanches.

Is Khedira a good cdm with his H/H workrates and low pace?
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional

Single player

That's a great team. Might go that route when I get the coins. Ha. Love Muller and sanches.

Yeah I'm using him currently and he's great!
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner

Single player

Yeah I'm using him currently and he's great!

As CDM? Nice. Definitely an upgrade from de rossi?