THE FALSE 9 (433-5) FORMATION GUIDE - DOMINATE PLAY (NEW CUSTOM TACTICS AND INSTRUCTIONS)

Comments

• nufcMarcus1984
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    after every game I rotate the whole bench apart from sanches and jensen they come on in the 60+ minute depending how game is going.

I have only lost a few games since switching to this a few weeks ago it is an amazing tactic with great cts

https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=kvGQZlhonMozw:FFA17PS4
  • Yaaqov
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    After the comments and advise from the experts here, I sold my squad.
    Basically I am back where I was in the first week I had the game. And guess what, it seems that creating opportunities is much easier now with this team than with the squad with all those high rated players.
    I won a professional game, I before won with just 1-0, barely had chances, now 3-0 and about 20 shots on goal.

As before, I got 2 teams, one a little bit better than the other. I am puzzled, why this team is so much easier to play with than with all those high (over?)rated players.
    The CT setting where default, with the exception of pressure which is at 65.

Can anyone explain this?
  • freddfranca
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey guys, what do you think about thhis one futhead.com/17/squads/2223060/

And I need some help about CT. I think my CBs are too much advanced, they stay almost in the midfield, and let me open to deadly counters. What can I do?
  • Does anyone use SBC Giovinco as false 9 ? How is he ?

Thanks
  • mihain247
    1426 posts Play-Off Hero

And I need some help about CT. I think my CBs are too much advanced, they stay almost in the midfield, and let me open to deadly counters. What can I do?

Just play on Defensive mentality
  • Antparry92
    17921 posts World Class
    Any views on this? Want a discard squad to see me over till Black Friday

Perisic-Danny-Quaresma
    Joao Mario-Xabi Alonso-Manu Fernandes
    Ansaldi-Javi Martinez-Howedes-Vieirinha
    Fahrmann
  • GL
    6993 posts Big Money Move
    33-7 last week and got absolutely ripped to shreds this week, there's no consistency in this game
  • Jmaineo
    816 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What is the most recommended work rate for the CF position
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    Jmaineo wrote: »

H/M. Although I do enjoy M/L on the right player (more of a playmaker)
  • Jmaineo

H/M. Although I do enjoy M/L on the right player (more of a playmaker)

Alright thanks.

• Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner

H/M is good but muller is H/H and runs the show for me.
  • Jmaineo
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

I thought the H/H CF will lag behind too much during attacking transitioning.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Kip2MyLou wrote: »

I thought the H/H CF will lag behind too much during attacking transitioning.

Definitely doesn't. At least not muller. He assists just as many as he scoresaid. Which is a good bit.
  • Smudge
    4626 posts National Call-Up
    d8ed5f8259a2ef64db7a6f3da5a5750b.png

Any thoughts / improvements? It's for the weekend league so there's some requirements.

I'm unsure on De Bruyne and Shaqiri at the mo
  • freddfranca
    mihain247 wrote: »

Just play on Defensive mentality

ok, I will try, thank you
  • freddfranca
    Just remembered, and wha about IF Kalinic as CF? He is M/M, I think he is not doing so good.

And what are the best CMs in Calcio A? Already got Banega, Valero, Asamoah and Badu
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    Just remembered, and wha about IF Kalinic as CF? He is M/M, I think he is not doing so good.

And what are the best CMs in Calcio A? Already got Banega, Valero, Asamoah and Badu

Not quite suited to the formation. You need someone who can do everything. Try Jovetic, he's a perfect cheap example.
    Hamsik is good, Nainggolan if you have the money!
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    Smudge wrote: »
    d8ed5f8259a2ef64db7a6f3da5a5750b.png

Any thoughts / improvements? It's for the weekend league so there's some requirements.

I'm unsure on De Bruyne and Shaqiri at the mo

Try IF Gundogan over KDB :)
  • MonKeano
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone have a nice Ben arfa team?
  • Solari
    1880 posts Play-Off Hero
    Current team right now and I've followed all the instructions on page1. However, my score is always 0-0 or 0-1 and not able to create much chances. I'm more a wing players, does this formation fit me? any suggestion will be much appreciated!

In terms of improvement,
    1 - Matic over Pereyra ( will that be too defensive?)
    2 - SCREAM Matip over Zouma
    3 - LB, need a faster one?
    UuefjR2.png
  • Yaaqov
    edited November 2016
    I posted a question which nobody dared to answer hehehe.
    Anyway, I think it was the CT that were different, which made me play better with a lousy team then with high-end players (which weren't very strong players I might add.

So I started testing, researching and stuff and came up with a new CT setting, that worked great, except against world class.

First back to "Fred is Bae" CT's
    Someone said somewhere that he used "high possession" instead of Fred's initial CT's and said they worked great. Well guess what, they were the same.
    To jog everyone's memory:

Build up play:
    Speed 20
    Passing 20

Positioning Free Form

Creation:
    Passing 25
    Crossing 25
    Shooting 25
    Positioning Free Form

Defence:
    Pressure 50
    Aggression 40
    Team width 50
    Defender Line Cover

Fred later changed positioning to Organised, because the wingback ended up playing striker and visa versa. At that time I suggested to use the first one still as FF and the second organised, but dismissed that after one match. Fred also later pushed up aggression a little.

In the tests I did lately, I pushed up pressure and shooting to 70, and passing to 40 (both of them) and aggression to 60. The advantage was/is that I got more creativity and was faster able to capture the ball before the attack of the opponent really got started. I also changed the first positioning back to Free Form. The reason is that else your building up is very slow and predictable. I am not changing the second positioning to Free Form. I don't mind wingback joining the attack to support, but I don't want them as strikers.

The disadvantage:
    High pressure and aggression has a big disadvantage against counter attack playing teams. If you're not paying attention, you get surprised and outplayed quickly. Higher aggression means your players will step in sooner and closer towards the opponent. My feeling is that is should be around 60, it wil take out those crosses nicely and gives the opponent less time to shoot and pass.
    My pressure is a bit to high, will adjust that, but making it too low you would end up playing in your own 1st third, feeling the pressure all the time. I think you should try to prevent that. 70 is too high, but I think 60 will do nicely.

Shooting I have set to high so players will position themselves in a better way to shoot. 70 is very enthusiastic but so far it works better for me than 25.

I left crossing at 25, because you will need the time to aim the cross correctly. Passing a bit up, but lower than default to still have relatively safe passing, but a bit more runs in the final third giving a bit more creativity. But I did increase the speed a bit.

I am aware that this is not really tiki-taka play as 433-5 was meant to be, but it plays, for me, a bit easier. I see it as the middle between high possession and high pressure tactics.

One more thing, the team width, I tried to narrow it to 40. the advantage is that you are hard to beat through the middle, but when the ball is on one side of the pitch, your other flank will be so open, you could park 10 trucks in there. I would not set it below 45, maybe feel better with 55, haven't tried yet.

By no means am I an expert, simply read some stuff and tried it out. Please do correct me when I am wrong...
  • freddfranca

Not quite suited to the formation. You need someone who can do everything. Try Jovetic, he's a perfect cheap example.
    Hamsik is good, Nainggolan if you have the money!

I tried Jovetic, he is really amazing.
    And I was thinking about CMs a little cheaper. .
  • Notformeclive
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Solari wrote: »
    Current team right now and I've followed all the instructions on page1. However, my score is always 0-0 or 0-1 and not able to create much chances. I'm more a wing players, does this formation fit me? any suggestion will be much appreciated!

In terms of improvement,
    UuefjR2.png

I think that midfield is already too defensive, don't forget you're already without a striker, I like a midfielder to run beyond the F9 when he drops.
    I would maybe sell Kante and spend the coins on DeBruyne, if you want a cheaper variation maybe someone like Herrera (any H/M CM really).

Also if you haven't already set your wingers to Stay Forward, Cut Inside and Run in Behind, with no striker you need to get them into goalscoring positions.
  • Yaaqov

In terms of improvement,
    UuefjR2.png

I think that midfield is already too defensive, don't forget you're already without a striker, I like a midfielder to run beyond the F9 when he drops.
    I would maybe sell Kante and spend the coins on DeBruyne, if you want a cheaper variation maybe someone like Herrera (any H/M CM really).

Also if you haven't already set your wingers to Stay Forward, Cut Inside and Run in Behind, with no striker you need to get them into goalscoring positions.

I would sell and wait a 2-3 weeks. According to Kip2MyLou we will get a market crash. prices are already dropping
  • Fishunia
    604 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hey Guys, what do you think about it ? i have one more option with Payet > CM > Barkley and Wallcot in CF

https://easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=f80RPgHrnMnpw:FFA17PS4
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional

In terms of improvement,
    UuefjR2.png

Yeah as stated, your midfield is way too defensive. Due to playing a CAM at CF you need goalscoring options in CM. If you're staying BPL then try De Bruyne, Ramsey, Wilshere, Herrera, Yaya or Gundogan.
    Also your left back isn't too slow, he's just not right for the formation. Try Baines or Shaw. :)
  • Fred is Bae
    1353 posts Professional
    Yaaqov wrote: »
    I posted a question which nobody dared to answer hehehe.
    Anyway, I think it was the CT that were different, which made me play better with a lousy team then with high-end players (which weren't very strong players I might add.

So I started testing, researching and stuff and came up with a new CT setting, that worked great, except against world class.

First back to "Fred is Bae" CT's
    Someone said somewhere that he used "high possession" instead of Fred's initial CT's and said they worked great. Well guess what, they were the same.
    To jog everyone's memory:

Build up play:
    Speed 20
    Passing 20

Positioning Free Form

Creation:
    Passing 25
    Crossing 25
    Shooting 25
    Positioning Free Form

Defence:
    Pressure 50
    Aggression 40
    Team width 50
    Defender Line Cover

Fred later changed positioning to Organised, because the wingback ended up playing striker and visa versa. At that time I suggested to use the first one still as FF and the second organised, but dismissed that after one match. Fred also later pushed up aggression a little.

In the tests I did lately, I pushed up pressure and shooting to 70, and passing to 40 (both of them) and aggression to 60. The advantage was/is that I got more creativity and was faster able to capture the ball before the attack of the opponent really got started. I also changed the first positioning back to Free Form. The reason is that else your building up is very slow and predictable. I am not changing the second positioning to Free Form. I don't mind wingback joining the attack to support, but I don't want them as strikers.

The disadvantage:
    High pressure and aggression has a big disadvantage against counter attack playing teams. If you're not paying attention, you get surprised and outplayed quickly. Higher aggression means your players will step in sooner and closer towards the opponent. My feeling is that is should be around 60, it wil take out those crosses nicely and gives the opponent less time to shoot and pass.
    My pressure is a bit to high, will adjust that, but making it too low you would end up playing in your own 1st third, feeling the pressure all the time. I think you should try to prevent that. 70 is too high, but I think 60 will do nicely.

Shooting I have set to high so players will position themselves in a better way to shoot. 70 is very enthusiastic but so far it works better for me than 25.

I left crossing at 25, because you will need the time to aim the cross correctly. Passing a bit up, but lower than default to still have relatively safe passing, but a bit more runs in the final third giving a bit more creativity. But I did increase the speed a bit.

I am aware that this is not really tiki-taka play as 433-5 was meant to be, but it plays, for me, a bit easier. I see it as the middle between high possession and high pressure tactics.

One more thing, the team width, I tried to narrow it to 40. the advantage is that you are hard to beat through the middle, but when the ball is on one side of the pitch, your other flank will be so open, you could park 10 trucks in there. I would not set it below 45, maybe feel better with 55, haven't tried yet.

By no means am I an expert, simply read some stuff and tried it out. Please do correct me when I am wrong...

If this works for you, then that's great :)
    2 things. Are you playing online or offline? And I didn't change aggression on my CT's I changed Pressure :)
  • Yaaqov
    Sorry, yes you did change pressure. to around 60, so I wasn't far off with that.
    Can you play FUT offline then?
  • Jonss
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2016
    Post edited by Jonss on
  • GL
    6993 posts Big Money Move
    MonKeano wrote: »
    Anyone have a nice Ben arfa team?

d1c09e2f1f.jpg

Sometimes I play like Pep, other times I get rekt. More success than not tho.
    I've been a vocal non supporter of Di Maria, but swap wings and he's amazing