Which Isp?

LFC96FAN
47 posts Park Captain
If you experience button lag or game lag and general player unresponsiveness please post below your isp as i would be interested to see if there is a pattern.

I experience unresponsive and sluggish players every game taking random touches before making passes or clearances, being slow as hell generally doing anything apart from what i am telling them etc.

I am with Virgin Media 150mbps down 10mbps up.

Comments

• Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    edited November 2016
  • IDARYL
    5694 posts Big Money Move
    With virgin too 200 down and 12 up, unplayable sometimes with unresponsive ness. If I could I'd get btinfinity..virgin is known to be bad for gaming, my problem is the only other internet I can get is 3 down and 0.3 up which I had before and is just slightly worse than virgin..
  • IDARYL
    Santiago wrote: »
    45 Down 4 Up

No problems at all, ever. Weird.

You're missing the point of the thread... Your suppose to say your IPS..
  • LFC96FAN
    47 posts Park Captain
    Is that common knowlege about virgin being bad for gaming?
  • Santiago
    21531 posts Club Captain
    IDARYL wrote: »
    Santiago wrote: »
    45 Down 4 Up

No problems at all, ever. Weird.

You're missing the point of the thread... Your suppose to say your IPS..

True. My bad, wasn't sure what he meant with IPS. Not from the UK though so nvm
  • IDARYL
    LFC96FAN wrote: »
    Is that common knowlege about virgin being bad for gaming?

Yeah they have a problem with Xbox and PS for some reason, just go on the forums you'll see all the complaints
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    ive moved house lately and im still on VM 200

its 10 times better for some reason.
  • IDARYL
    Recardo wrote: »

Did you do anything to the router or change any settings ? My mate at work has virgin too and says the same as met
  • SpLuFF
    77 posts Park Captain
    BT Infinity 55/10
    ping 14ms bbc
    89ms easo (US)
    no jitter no speed problems

Suffering from lagging sluggish responsiveness or super speed gameplay
    (Tried PlusNet earlier this year and was just the same)
  • bundy09
    11 posts Ball Boy
    On virgin tried bt 40meg was the same latency in test is 187 :-( not good tried a netduma didn't massively improve my game... Some nights Fifa is unplayable like I'm half a second behind or my players just won't run sluggish
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    IDARYL wrote: »
    Recardo wrote: »

Did you do anything to the router or change any settings ? My mate at work has virgin too and says the same as met

just the usual port forwarding.
  • Stickyutd
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2016
    Those of you who are all on Virgin Media you do realise they cap there speeds now at peak times, you may think you are on 150 up 15 down etc. but it's a lot less at weekend. That's why they have introduced this new higher speed package at a stupidly priced rate which guarantees no drop and no speed caps. I have Virgin and Sky running into my house and Sky is far superior at the minute, only issues causing me problems this weekend were EA's woeful servers.
    Post edited by Stickyutd on
  • NornIron
    11848 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2016
    BT infinity 80/20

Never goes below 78/18 no jitter etc.
    Fifa lagging/sluggish every match on FUT.
    Pro clubs is great, h2h seasons isn't too bad a little lag but none of that sluggish stuff.
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    edited November 2016
    Stickyutd wrote: »
    Those of you who are all on Virgin Media you do realise they cap there speeds now at peak times, you may think you are on 150 up 15 down etc. but it's a lot less at weekend. That's why they have introduced this new higher speed package at a stupidly priced rate which guarantees no drop and no speed caps. I have Virgin and BT running into my house and BT is far superior at the minute, only issues causing me problems this weekend were EA's woeful servers.

BT is ADSL.

ADSL is pony.

this is my internet at peak time

speed.jpg
  • Ivmarius
    78 posts Park Captain
    Virgin 60mb/s (in theory)
    Never goes above 45...
    Almost unplayable during peak times/weekends
  • LFC96FAN
    47 posts Park Captain
    Doesn't matter the day or time of day its the most sluggish unresponsive button lagged piece of rubbish ever.
  • Stickyutd
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Recardo it's only ASDL from the pole it's fibre from the box. The difference in ul / dl speeds between Sky and BT compared to Virgin is quite substantial though, you get roughly a 1/4 difference on Sky and BT whereas Virgin Media usually a 1/10 th. I am getting 76 / 18 with sky at the minute with there Sky fibre Pro and no cap usage as well.
    P.s. I put BT earlier on in post as I thought BT still supplied Sky's Internet and forgot they now have there own supplier.
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    im on virgin media 200mb with superhub 3.

its decent. always over 150
  • KylePB
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Isp won't be the issue. What tv are you using and what ip ports are you using
  • LFC96FAN
    47 posts Park Captain
    mines a 42" phillips and not sure about ports but forwarded all the recommended ones and assigned a static ip and put xbox in dmz.
  • Rolling Deep
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm in sky 6.7 upload and .7 upload ping of 30

Best I can get in my flat as no fibre

I have same issues through one day perfect another slow and sluggish another hyper speed
  • IDARYL
    @LFC96FAN last night I tried disabling the firewall, and the games improved alot, where my players are reacting to things a lot better. Tried it again today and still seems better, the games still not lag free but I don't seem to be getting aids like players not intercepting passes next to them or losing every 50/50 ball. I'm can actually notice the opposition getting more bs than me which is rare. Not sure what risk I'm taking when I disable the firewall but I'll take it just to play a half decent game of FIFA lol
  • Ki I 18 I
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have people ever thought FIFA is the issue considering most of the time everything else works fine?
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    edited November 2016
    In all honesty it doesn't matter which ISP you are with it all depends on the demand in your street/cabinet/routing station. If you live in an area with high demand your bandwidth/QoS is reduced during peak hours, changing ISP won't fix this

I was with the same ISP for 3 years and moved from address to address within the city each year. The Internet speeds and bandwith were very noticeable different in every flat and fifa felt different in all 3 properties. I changed ISP at the last address and the speed/quality is exatcly the same as previous ISP was.
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    NornIron wrote: »
    BT infinity 80/20

Pro clubs is great, h2h seasons isn't too bad a little lag but none of that sluggish stuff.

I had the issue as well for 3 years. I fixed it by buying a bandwidth limiting router and limiting the bandwidth to the xbox to 10 mb down and 1 mb up. Lag compensation is ruining your connection.
  • BIGLOOT
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lumpy space princess
  • NornIron
    11848 posts Has That Special Something
    Rinoa wrote: »
    BT infinity 80/20

I had the issue as well for 3 years. I fixed it by buying a bandwidth limiting router and limiting the bandwidth to the xbox to 10 mb down and 1 mb up. Lag compensation is ruining your connection.

What router you got now?
  • Rinoa
    997 posts Professional
    edited November 2016
    Rinoa wrote: »
    BT infinity 80/20

What router you got now?

TP-Link WDR4900

You can also set QoS on it so the xbox gets priority traffic over everything in the house. After limiting bandwidth the menus and response is instant. The game/servers definitely uses lag compensation to make those with ultrafast fibre feel like they have delay
  • aotfw
    74 posts Park Captain
    I'm with vodafone 16 mbit up, down about a tenth of that. Gameplay varies...
    Router is currently the easybox 803, the model supplied by that ISP. There's not
    a damn thing you can really set up with this piece of ****, so I'm currently trying
    to put something in between.