We are aware of some connectivity issues on our games & we are working towards resolving this. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Getting disconnected

EazyEden
286 posts Sunday League Hero
Is there any way of stopping the small amount of players that ruin the game by making the opponent lag out of the servers?

I've had 3 disconnects leaving me on 32-8 losses which won't be enough to stay in top 100..

lol it's stressful when they leave you a message knowing they've done it

Comments

• Retro_G
    31476 posts National Team Captain
    Not possible on a dedi server, if you're getting disconnected, that's due to your connection.
  • EazyEden

@Retro_G I disagree, how would you explain a player sending you a message just before doing it? Sent me one once a went 3-0 up and then as I scored the 4th he paused sent me another sayin " all that just to lose " and then I get disconnected ..
  • Retro_G
    edited November 2016
    EazyEden wrote: »
    @Retro_G I disagree, how would you explain a player sending you a message just before doing it? Sent me one once a went 3-0 up and then as I scored the 4th he paused sent me another sayin " all that just to lose " and then I get disconnected ..

Well then you should report that to EA, find it very hard to believe someone can boot you off a dedicated server.

It's easily traceable for EA with his gamertag, they're not doing a very good job at stopping cheating, if this can happen.

• EazyEden
    His cockiness is what gets me

2u57yo4.jpg
  • Retro_G
    The A-hole got your ISP address man, from messaging him back, more than likely DDoS attacked. Never message someone online, during a game.
  • rankon.
    2233 posts Fans' Favourite
    This has been going on for years. I've had it happen semi-regularly since Fifa 13. Certain players know how to boot their opponents off the servers
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    The A-hole got your ISP address man, from messaging him back, more than likely DDoS attacked. Never message someone online, during a game.
    OP didn't message him (unless he deleted his messages before taking a pic...) and shouldn't be possible to retrieve opponents IP address when playing on dedicated server.

Must be one of those dashboard glitches that, somehow, work on dedicated servers (heard the PS4 one doesn't).
  • LittleAnt
    1201 posts Professional
    Easy solution: no loss if disconnected when winning. No idea why this hasn't been implemented, it's not ideal but no result is better than you being cheated out of a game
  • BrettEmmett
    348 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've been disconnected before heaps of times for writing a msg. Maybe you spent too long in your inbox and it's booted you?
  • Mutu10gol
    2708 posts Fans' Favourite
    EazyEden wrote: »

THIS
  • Mutu10gol
    2708 posts Fans' Favourite
    rankon. wrote: »
    This has been going on for years. I've had it happen semi-regularly since Fifa 13. Certain players know how to boot their opponents off the servers

• Martythedoc
    2512 posts Fans' Favourite
    LittleAnt wrote: »
    Easy solution: no loss if disconnected when winning. No idea why this hasn't been implemented, it's not ideal but no result is better than you being cheated out of a game

Fully agree, although it should be 2 up required. Otherwise people will quit out before you get the equaliser
  • Springveldt
    4828 posts National Call-Up

Fully agree, although it should be 2 up required. Otherwise people will quit out before you get the equaliser
    No point quitting if you aren't getting the win though.
    I've had a few disconnections this morning, the games lags a bit then goes fast forward where I'm just a spectator and my opponent is dribbling around my players, then I get booted out of FUT.
  • Martythedoc
    2512 posts Fans' Favourite

No point quitting if you aren't getting the win though.
    I've had a few disconnections this morning, the games lags a bit then goes fast forward where I'm just a spectator and my opponent is dribbling around my players, then I get booted out of FUT.

I get the same type of lag. Reason I stopped yesterday. As for quitting, people who fluke a lead will quit to avoid a loss vs a better player. Sorry to say it but that's the majority of the fifa community(not these forums)
  • EazyEden
    I didn't message the guy just to confirm