How many people over 30 have qualified for the weekend league?

Comments

• ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    29 and not qualified once - refuse to conform to playing the engine instead of playing football so have a funny feeling I'll do pretty badly all year. Was fun pre-patch when the game play was more balanced but the high pressure, sweat fest has almost ruined me for fifa already this year
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Hody wrote: »
    So my last resort for relaxation is mostly Fifa, .

You sick, sick man.

In all seriousness, I'm staggered but happy there are so many over 30's here. Good to be amongst like minded people.

Lol, not so much I guess. Kinda trapped at home with a child at evenings/night, so playing video games is not that bad...
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Fifa isn't CSGO, your experience playing FIFA and aggression will have the edge over the young with good reflexes
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero
    Qualified during the 3.5 star requirement. Won all 4 games. No pk shootouts. Yay.
  • xxMachintoshaxx
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm 33 and can't wait for this weekend.
    First time i get in.
    It seems easier to qualify on the 3,5 stars teams tournaments, got in the 1st try.
  • pudgyfudgy
    5490 posts Big Money Move
    didn't realise how many 'older' Fifa players there actually was, I'm impressive - thought I was one of a small group

I reckon it's the older ones who will be on the forums, because we have computers at work that can't be used for anything other than webapp, forums and of course, regular work.

Once the younger ones have free time they won't waste it here... they'll go straight into the game.
  • Kove
    4017 posts National Call-Up
    I think this could be the start of the masters league lounge :)
  • Kove wrote: »
    I think this could be the start of the masters league lounge :)

In
  • AliasMaurice
    1967 posts Fans' Favourite
    As I'm waiting on a start date for a job I've had too much time on this year's fifa all ready.

Not even looking foward to the grind of the weekend league but it's practically here.

Time to stare in disbelief at pass direction and player selection.
  • DillonOX
    41 posts Park Captain
    I'm 32 and qualified. Don't really get to play much due to family stuff, but I still try to play when I can.
  • nicitel32
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    32 years..i did qualify the first 3 weeks...this week i lost twice in finals....i really do have to try be an idiot and if i am 2:0 up then play time and just hold the ball like the young morons do...its not a game for the good guys :/
  • Mutu10gol
    2493 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tonyafc23 wrote: »
    I'm 31 i feel I'm competing with kids high on sweets addicted to the dab. I can't get past div3 i think the arthritis and hemorrhoids play a big part

:smile:
  • hansie-fcu
    388 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Finally qualified had to put game mode on my tv now with a lower input lag qualified in one time and 3 games unbeaten in division 3
  • Retro_G
    29084 posts Player of the Year
    I'm 32, have qualified 3/3. Reaction times decline after the age of 25, but they're only really important for twitch shooters like Cod.

Fifa is more about mentality, composure, experience and connection.
  • Dropkiik Murphy
    1086 posts Professional
    Im 33 and have never qualified. I've tried a few times and always get into the final and lose.
    But even if I managed to qualify, I would struggle, to find time playing the weekend league.
    Work all week and my son has football over the weekend. It's just no plausible for me. Also I don't think the other half would be chuffed if I was playing 40 matches over a weekend.

It's good EA extended the weekend league. Although I feel it should be ran from 6pm Friday to Monday 6pm.
    And they should still keep the daily qualifiers open each day Monday - Friday. Just means if you qualify say around 11pm on a Friday evening, you have less time to complete the weekend aspect.
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Let the kids scrap for the weekend leagues to try and win packs, remember as adults you have the money to buy your packs anyway and will have the better squads anyway, and let's not forget that that is your main end goal anyway
  • AliasMaurice
    edited November 2016
    Well if anyone wants to laugh at an old man grinding against the Ai park the bus musa fest that is FUT I'm going to start streaming soon

Old man fifa on you tube

I use a french national team , without lacazette at the moment as sold him to do the payet sbc

Erm Pogbas out injured for a few months
    Post edited by AliasMaurice on
  • Dropkiik Murphy
    1086 posts Professional
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    Let the kids scrap for the weekend leagues to try and win packs, remember as adults you have the money to buy your packs anyway and will have the better squads anyway, and let's not forget that that is your main end goal anyway

One thing I have been decent enough at are these SBC's and I've managed to pack some decent players this FIFA which has got my coin total right up
  • boekkie
    962 posts Professional
    30. Tried 3 times and qualified 3 times. 2 times I reached gold 2. But its so stressfull. After the WL I dont play for 1 or even 2 days to get healthy again
  • Notformeclive
    2365 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kove wrote: »
    Over 30, it is a struggle but that is less to do with reactions and more to do with my desire to play football rather that professional sprint then dab simulator. This game is tuned for one gameplay method over any other. This is not complaint, it is just the way it is.

I'm sure if I compromised every shred of integrity I had and played like douche bag with Musa et al rather than using players who I like IRL then it would be much easier.
    36, qualified twice. Nowt slow about my reactions, just my temper that does for me!

Agree with these posts, I am 35 and qualified each time , keep getting to 5-1-1 in Division 1 and then messing up though.
    I insist on playing a passing orientated game and using players like Jonas even though it appears to be a bit of a handicap on this game and as a bit a purist it does annoy me (and it shouldn't tbh) that every game is against some idiot who appears to have never watched a football match sprinting in zigzags with Musa.
  • ToiletDuck_45
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    34 qualified for the 1st time this week. Going to struggle to play 40 games though.
  • jamin33
    81 posts Park Captain
    Well if anyone wants to laugh at an old man grinding against the Ai park the bus musa fest that is FUT I'm going to start streaming soon

Old man fifa on you tube

I use a french national team , without lacazette at the moment as sold him to do the payet sbc

Old man fifa on you tube

What's your youtube I'll give it a watch ?
  • BIG_MAN_RETURNS
    781 posts An Exciting Prospect
    We have a bit of an eclectic mix here it seems.

Qualifying or not, I'd love it we could organise something where you only play against like minded, respectful people.

Can you imagine that?! Madness.

I'd be up for an over 30's tourny
  • Have played 11 games in Weekend League and I am actually getting sore thumbs (probably combined with my office job) . Don't think this would happen to me pre-30s
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something

Old man fifa on you tube

whats your GT ? do you play on xbox.. think I played you
  • adken
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm 39, and made it in this weekend. My works been hecktic and I've been busy on weekends so I haven't messed with WL at all, but Thursday night at like 11pm I got home and thought "why not?" Went 4/4 to qualify with 5 mins to spare.

I don't see all the bitching about WL, I'm 11-5 right now and haven't seen any real obnoxious kids or anything.
  • AliasMaurice
    edited November 2016
    @Jamin33 and @MisterJV hello

I'm on ps4 amd gamer tag is same as this tag but YouTube is old man fifa.

I'm usually just shouting and swearing at the game it's quite embarrassing really. HA

Just finished the long haul of 40 games. finished on 23 wins so better than last week by 3. Here's my run down of it all.

Use a french national team 4 2 3 1 wide. got most of the squad bar Pogba and lacazette (sold him to do Payet SBC)

Friday morning around 9am - 4 games and lost 4 games , 3 by 1 goal.

Friday night about 11pm - lost first game 1-0 90th min goal. changed tactics about and altered style of play slightly ( basically trying to overcome in game mechanics of player selection etc) went on to win 15 of next 19 games. decided to play until I lost 2 back to back and that happened game 25 and 26 so I called it a night. Played for almost 10 hours with a few breaks.

15 wins from 26 games is quite good for how I've been doing in fifa 17.

Saturday night started again late on to grind through the last 14 games. Really regretted play the first 4 games friday morning ah well.

I won 6 of the next 8 making me think i'd atleast hit gold 1 but then won 2 of the last 6. game was much crueler this evening. Losing 1 game 3 2 to two goals in the 90th minute, once I hit 22 wins the game flipped on it's head and my team fell apart.

Lloris let in the softest of goals, the team made misplaced pass after misplaced pass and the classic of finally working a chance to see your striker shoot with his weaker foot down the center of the goal instead of strong foot into the corner all meant one thing - capitulation. Lost 4 1, 3 1,4 0 and 2 0 back to back game 35 to 39. I was in gold two which I would of took beforehand but a little dissapointed with the blocks of form I hit.

Bulk of same 11, used plenty of bronze fitness to keep certain players fit every game and rotated the rest.

Dissapointing how many premier league teams are faced. No imagination.

Going to aim for gold 1 next week and gold 1 for the monthly. I can do better as I lost 13 of the 17 games by 1 goal, if I improve with my attacking I may hit elite 3 once or twice in the corse of the game.

It's a long haul 40 games but can be done if you've no life.

• MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    @AliasMaurice guy i played against team name was "old man fc"
  • AliasMaurice
    MisterJV wrote: »
    @AliasMaurice guy i played against team name was "old man fc"

Just a vague coincidence I suppose.
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Finally it has happen! I qualified!

It felt like 100 tries already, either out straight in the first game, 2nd game and once lost the final.

I used to play 5-2-1-2 but due to some guides and the wish for more creativity in my game, I switched to 5-3-2, never made it past round 2 - again. I felt that I was too isolated on my counter attacks, as the constantly high pushing CAM was missing. So I went back to 5-2-1-2 - what a difference.

I play with two teams that met the 3 BBVA players requirements. First team with Nzonzi and Kondogbia as CMs, Parolo CAM and Gabiaddini and Rossi as ST along with a mixed BBVA/Seria Defense.
    Second Team again with Nzoni and Kucka in CM, Sosa as CAM and Niang and Ben Yedder upfront - mixed Calcio A and BBVA Defense again.

With the big strong CMs I was able to boss the midfield and then counter with fast strikers. Mostly I even had more possession than my oppenent, 60% at times, while not playing around in the back and trying to do my attack game more relying on passing and possession than pace.

When I made it to the semi final, once Huge Gorilla appeared in the matchup screen, easy to say that I backed out of the matchmaking. I had come so far and my chances to win against one of the most successful youtubers are slim, eventhough I'd have love to play him once.

The upcoming opponent in the semi final used a 4-5-1 squad. When I realized that his games circles around putting the ball wide to the wings and try to cut in. I paused the game and set my FBs to stay back. The first half was tense, but once he realised he would always face a FB plus a CB defending his wing play, he started to bang in longshots. I took the lead after a passing combination that was so good, that Niang only had to tip it in on the 5m box. He equalized from the kickoff, one third kick off glitch, one third good dribbling, one third Iniesta's skills.
    Another passing combination that got Ben Yedder into the box and his pass back to nail it home by Parolo gave me the lead again. In the final minutes of the game, I was able to intercept an attack and put Ben Yedder free on goal, which sealed the deal.

Last opponent was using a 4-3-3(5). Again I instructed FB to stay backs. No goals on Full time but a very instense game. Before the game, I told myself, rather than benching players for fitness I have to take a different approach in order not to lose the final again. So instead of using my bench for the 2nd team, I benched players to sub in on purpose. So when the full time whistle was blown I subbed in Renato Sanches to replace one of two tired CMs and swapped Gabiaddini and Rossi for Wilson and Musa.
    Straight from the kick off, through ball to Sanches and I took the lead. He than mananged to equalize a few minutes later and why we were joustling for the win, my swapped forwards made all the different. Musa cutting into the box with a crossbody shot and in the final minutes of the game, Wilson holding off defenders to square pass the ball to musa, for a sweaty finish.

The last game was so tense, that I was really exhausted afterwards. I first tought it would have put my blood pressure up, but I checked an it was ok. I were my muscles like cramping for holding tight on the controller. Today morning I feel strain in my neck and arms.

I was told the weekend league itself is even more tense, but I think I will not cramp so much, as those are no knockout games.

So now I am at work, tired, exhausted but very lucky.