How many people over 30 have qualified for the weekend league?

Comments

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14397 posts Has That Special Something
    Shahski wrote: »
    33, qualified every week so far and managed elite 3 every time. Game isn't about reflexes to be honest. That's more Cod. This is more about mentality.

agree 100%
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm 29. I have never qualified, although I've only ever tried on 4 occasions. Been in a few finals but the standard of play and the shameless abuse made me stop trying. It's so far away from being enjoyable, I'd honestly rather be at work :o
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1785 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm over 30 and I've qualified, but I hated it. **** everywhere. I don't think it's about reactions, I doubt they decline in your 30s, in fact I think muscle memory would be stronger in your 30s. But I do think it's about maturity. Win or lose, I just want to have a good, fun game, for both me and my opponent. I don't celebrate, skip all replays and get on with the game. No unnecessary slide tackles, no time wasting. It's a video game, if I don't enjoy it, I won't play it. Kids just wanna be tools, just for the sake of being a tool when they're hidden with anonymity. They wouldn't carry on like that if I was in the same room as them.

Amen to that.
  • Hurleybird10
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2016
    30... qualified every week
    Got to gold one last week (only week I've completed all games - had commitments and holiday other weekends) got to silver 1/2 other weeks in the amount of games I could play
  • Denz
    2044 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm over 30 and I've qualified, but I hated it. **** everywhere. I don't think it's about reactions, I doubt they decline in your 30s, in fact I think muscle memory would be stronger in your 30s. But I do think it's about maturity. Win or lose, I just want to have a good, fun game, for both me and my opponent. I don't celebrate, skip all replays and get on with the game. No unnecessary slide tackles, no time wasting. It's a video game, if I don't enjoy it, I won't play it. Kids just wanna be tools, just for the sake of being a tool when they're hidden with anonymity. They wouldn't carry on like that if I was in the same room as them.

Shame there aren't more like yourself on the game. There's a number of us who play it as a game and have respect for the person we are playing against but we are far outnumbered by some right mugs.
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    44 Never qualified.
  • Tonyafc23
    291 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2016
    I'm 31 i feel I'm competing with kids high on sweets addicted to the dab. I can't get past div3 i think the arthritis and hemorrhoids play a big part
  • We have a bit of an eclectic mix here it seems.

Qualifying or not, I'd love it we could organise something where you only play against like minded, respectful people.

Can you imagine that?! Madness.
  • We have a bit of an eclectic mix here it seems.

Qualifying or not, I'd love it we could organise something where you only play against like minded, respectful people.

Can you imagine that?! Madness.

complete madness ;)
  • Daveofwales01
    8348 posts League Winner
    33, qualified last weekend for the first time, 16 wins, struggling to qualify again now though, think I'm trying too hard and not thinking enough
  • echoUK
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm 32 and I qualified for the first time last weekend. I played 21 and won 11 of them, taking me to silver 2 rank and I had no desire to play anymore.

I don't know if I'll bother to try and qualify this week because I'd rather put my time into Battlefield 1 at the moment.
  • QceCapo
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    38 and stopped trying lol
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    3292 posts National Call-Up
    I'm 24 but I feel like my brain can't process fast movement. With all this high pressure and what not I can't react fast enough to oncoming players. Even tho when I try to turn it feels like my player is stuck in mud so who knows.
  • I'm 31, i didn't qualify for the first one, but have qualified for all since at first time of asking. qualifying last night was slightly troublesome.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    36. Tried to qualify twice and did. Couldn't play the 2nd and 3rd week due to vacation/work. Won 21 games each time.
  • Nen
    4365 posts Moderator
    Nearly 28. I've qualified for 4/5 of the weeks so far, the last 3 i qualified first time.
    FIFA is as much mental as it is skill, you tilt in fifa. You blame the game, you pretty much make more mistakes.
    Yeah sometimes the other guy has an OP GK and yours lets them in, but just gotta walk away, when it stops being fun just stop.

Oh for the record, ive gone from a 2.6 K/D on COD years ago to a K/D less than 1 whenever a new cod comes out... i have to relearn.

Oh to be young again.
  • shez82
    371 posts Sunday League Hero

Here here
  • bigpokey24
    4834 posts Big Money Move
    because they know better..lol true words
  • I'm exact 30, have a kid, qualify 2 times last month, won 16/25 games total, didn't have much time on the wk to play, qualify yesterday 1st try too, hope to manage some game this wk
  • xXCAMARAXx
    1739 posts Fans' Favourite
    27 qualified
  • I'm 31 and I qualified for every week except one, when I didn't play because of Dark Souls 3 DLC. I wouldn't say my reactions are slower at all.
    Let me tell you a little fun story it happened two days ago. So my friend (24) invites me to play PES and FIFA. Destroys me at PES because I never played it and he knew all the tricks. So we go to play FIFA to recreate last years derby which ended 0:0 but really a great game, I way Bayern he was Real Madrid. I got the first goal with Alaba from the free kick which "was ref's fault" and then another one with Vidal, so my young friend proceeds to do a real life rage quit with throwing his controller on the bed, which promptly bounced into a wall. Now he's worried about the controller and doesn't want to play anymore because "I never liked this years FIFA anyway, I mean it's just not good" :D
  • 47goonz
    852 posts Semi-Pro
    31 and qualified 3 out of the 4 weekends. Most games ive managed is 22 and most wins ive managed is 16.

Got a better chance now its gonna be 3 days weekend league!

Been razzin the football simulators since sensible world of soccer on the amiga 600
  • Choppers925
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero

This is very true.

I will always skip replays and don't time waste but idiots Dabbing, watching every second of replays and stalling absolutely boils my brain.

I'd love an over 30's league where the BS is cut out.

I would totally love that. I'm 53 and only have 40 games under my belt, full stop. Gave it a shot last night, won my first game but lost the second, and even then I was up against Musa and Son and Kane in a three and a half star challenge, lol. My silver rednecks didn't stand a chance.

With that said, I lost 3-1 and two of the goals were short corner set pieces crossed for Shane Long to head home. Obviously the dude has practiced that move to death. So I didn't feel so bad about the game. Honestly as well, other than watching the replay to a simple cross and header, my opponent was pretty respectful, albeit pace abusing with Musa and Son. He only started to take the mick in the last ten minutes, trying to bang home 40+ yarders. That's actually when I scored with 2 minutes to go and I was chuffed to bits that I managed to score with my rag tag team of silvers.

An over 30's league, I would love that. Xhaka is one of my favorite players on the game but you rarely face him because his pace is so slow, so I would like to come up against a team that is sans Musa/Coman/Slimani and more Austin/Barry/Allen.
  • AverageBro
    370 posts Sunday League Hero
    34, qualified every weekend, this One was the first i had time to play. Gold 2 with 22-16. Couple of dc losses, since my net isnt the greatest right now. Moved to a house recently and fibre got delayed. Div 3 title today with 7 straight.

won div 1 handfull of Times last fifa and fifa 15 was my first one online, started in december and reaced div 2.

Would love some more time to get used to this One and try to get Elite, wont happen tho with 14 month daughter.

Not sure reactions is my biggest problem with some delay from net and the game hehe.
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They just simply no life or big coin sellers :D
    They just simply no live or big coin sellers :D

@scirocco727 mate, I've probably been playing video games since before you were even born.

I owned the oldest Nintendo console when I was 6, I'm 37 right now.
  • JakeSmith
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Im 36 and qualified every week, 1st attempts. Reached elite on most weeks.

The older I get the wiser I get, I play tikitaka football against these childish headless running chickens, they never get close to the ball.

My advice would be outsmart them, play the wise game, don't park the bus, just be patient on your buuld up and wait for openings, only shoot when you are 100% it will be on target. Mix is up, play down the wings, middle, crosses...the goals will come.
  • RoughPanther
    204 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    never even tried qualifiers.. i'm eager to try it out but havent got the time to, but i will try sometime in the next couple of weeks..
  • silverdale10
    1398 posts Professional
    Closer to 50 than 30 and haven't tried the weekend league yet, I'd want to be in Div 5 before I gave it a go but I find it hard to play more than 4 games in a row and I rarely play more than 8 in a day as my hands start to hurt, I also need to sit cross-legged right in front of the TV which isn't too comfortable. If I sit back I can't engage with the game properly.
  • golazo
    1293 posts Play-Off Hero
    34 and have qualified the two times i have had time to play lol. qualify first time as well. jus qualified last night with a 3.5 stars Brazilian team. ive gotten gold both weekends i have played but jus because i dont have time to play all 40. i think i would get close to elite if i played all 40.
  • Tsunami85
    1517 posts Play-Off Hero
    31 and automatically qualified as I ended in Gold 1 last week.