How many people over 30 have qualified for the weekend league?

Just out of curiosity really. Was reading a post from someone earlier who's over 30 and is losing the will to play.. People say your reactions aren't comparable to someone of a younger age..

I'm 33 and managed to qualify (barely) last weekend and came out with 8 wins after 25 games. I was drained after that and decided to leave the rest.

Tried to qualify for this weekends last night but got beat in the final. It kinda sapped my energy for the game altogether and I couldn't bring myself to play after that.

How are the other oldies finding it?

Comments

• CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Am I allowed to answer with 29 ? :wink: Last weekend I did all 40 games in a row on Saturday and managed to win 29 out of it. Needless to say I slept endlessly after this. Managed to get 32 - 34 wins the weeks before after splitting my schedule.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Qualified for the first week, lost in like 4-5 in the finals of the qualifiers for the next 3 weeks.
  • deang07
    8063 posts League Winner
    32 qualified every weekend
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Qualified at first attempt yesterday morning. Although no chance I will play any more than 15-20 games.
    I'm 39.
  • Chewbaccary
    902 posts Professional
    32 and I've done it. I honestly don't think reactions are a problem. The decline is very gradual. FIFA is as much about anticipation and situational knowledge as pure reflexes anyway.
  • scirocco727
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2016
    They just simply no live or big coin sellers :D
  • Smsalnuaimi
    761 posts An Exciting Prospect
    29 qualified for 3 ..

• Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    I'm way over 30 and got Gold 1 last weekend. Qualified all 3 weekends I tried to and won 40 of 64 games played over the month.

Time is obviously a big issue since I only got 64 out of a possible 120 games played. Hopefully with the extension announced yesterday I can fit more games in.
  • Kove
    4013 posts National Call-Up
    Over 30, it is a struggle but that is less to do with reactions and more to do with my desire to play football rather that professional sprint then dab simulator. This game is tuned for one gameplay method over any other. This is not complaint, it is just the way it is.

I'm sure if I compromised every shred of integrity I had and played like douche bag with Musa et al rather than using players who I like IRL then it would be much easier.
  • BrettEmmett
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm over 30 and I've qualified, but I hated it. **** everywhere. I don't think it's about reactions, I doubt they decline in your 30s, in fact I think muscle memory would be stronger in your 30s. But I do think it's about maturity. Win or lose, I just want to have a good, fun game, for both me and my opponent. I don't celebrate, skip all replays and get on with the game. No unnecessary slide tackles, no time wasting. It's a video game, if I don't enjoy it, I won't play it. Kids just wanna be tools, just for the sake of being a tool when they're hidden with anonymity. They wouldn't carry on like that if I was in the same room as them.
  • BrettEmmett
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    They just simply no live or big coin sellers :D

@scirocco727 mate, I've probably been playing video games since before you were even born.
  • He4rt
    191 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    35, never qualified.

It all seems a bit much anyway, I'd never be able to play the amount of games required for the big prizes. I have a couple of hours free on Saturday morning when my daughter is at her dance class, and maybe a few hours after dinner on a Sunday. My wife would cut off my best bits if I spent all weekend on the console.

• Pogback
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ha i am 36 i think i am one of the oldest, and yes i think i have declined over the years my eldest son (16) batters me on this game
  • DadBod
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    31 qualified weekly
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've done it pal week in week out but I must admit my elite controller helps with my slower reactions
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    36, qualified twice. Nowt slow about my reactions, just my temper that does for me!
  • hansie-fcu
    388 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Im 28 but i cant qualify
  • serrer7
    1443 posts Play-Off Hero
    41, qualified when i had time for it ;)
    Got to silver 1( 14 wins).
  • I'm over 30 and I've qualified, but I hated it. **** everywhere. I don't think it's about reactions, I doubt they decline in your 30s, in fact I think muscle memory would be stronger in your 30s. But I do think it's about maturity. Win or lose, I just want to have a good, fun game, for both me and my opponent. I don't celebrate, skip all replays and get on with the game. No unnecessary slide tackles, no time wasting. It's a video game, if I don't enjoy it, I won't play it. Kids just wanna be tools, just for the sake of being a tool when they're hidden with anonymity. They wouldn't carry on like that if I was in the same room as them.

This is very true.

I will always skip replays and don't time waste but idiots Dabbing, watching every second of replays and stalling absolutely boils my brain.

I'd love an over 30's league where the BS is cut out.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    Over 30 gold 2 2 1 2 94 for the month the more games I play the more better I get.
  • DjR0nny81
    71 posts Park Captain
    35, qualified for the first time last night. Hopefully have time to get some games in this weekend!
  • BigSharpsBWFC
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    You skip replays? But how do you run back to the halfway line whilst sssshing? I'm 30 and qualified for 3 out the 4 weekends with Gold 2 every time.
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    Qualified 2 out of three attempts and won five out of five matches over the weekend, I just don't have time to play many games. I'm 38.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    29 and haven't played since Sunday evening. tired after work and my little one needs daddy time after work. I'll try an qualify for it tomorrow. :)
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    36 and qualified both times I've tried but only played five games one weekend and none the other.
    I feel like in general us over 30's maybe have less time to play the whole 40 games?
  • Cahir85
    2276 posts Fans' Favourite
    31 qualified weekly

• Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    43, never qualified. Manage yesterday for my first time ever to get in the qualifications finale. But lost. Don't think I'll be ever able to get a chance to play the weekend league
  • Ucclak3y
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    31, qualified everyweek, usually 1st time. gold 2 gold 1 gold 3 gold 1. happy they have extended it from fri-mon now though
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm 37, qualified the last 3 weeks. I didn't qualify for the first week because I thought you only had one shot at the qualifying tourney
  • Reus To Meet You
    1104 posts Professional
    I'm 33 and qualified, reaction times might be slower but we have experience and play smarter ;)