The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Couple quick tips dealing with Ultra Defensive?

HS
1800 posts Fans' Favourite
I play 433(4) last year was pretty consistent with division 1. Currently division 3 this year but having many issues dealing with park the bus and ultra defensive players.
What tips would you suggest to deal with it? Just saps the enjoyment of the game really.

Comments

• Gromit
    3956 posts National Call-Up
    Petition EA to sort it out.

I agree it's rubbish. But on some level I don't blame people for doing it because Balanced is messed up. It's not balanced at all everyone seems to congregate in the middle. Attackers don't go forward enough and defenders sit too high.

• HS
    Gromit wrote: »
    Petition EA to sort it out.

I agree it's rubbish. But on some level I don't blame people for doing it because Balanced is messed up. It's not balanced at all everyone seems to congregate in the middle. Attackers don't go forward enough and defenders sit too high.

Yea just super annoying. I play on balanced myself and you can tell straight away when someone is parking the bus
  • HS
    Bump
  • Low Ki
    12056 posts Has That Special Something
    If you see it just glitch quit.
  • MiIan
    12591 posts Has That Special Something
    Try and pass it around his box until he bites with one of his defenders.
  • SK1991
    576 posts An Exciting Prospect
    personally when i see one of these guys il typically put myself on high pressure and team pressing. giving them less space to move the ball.. then when i take it hit them with a counter attack :smile: hope it helps
  • EazyEden
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Low Ki wrote: »
    If you see it just glitch quit.

Ban
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hope you get a game where the button lag isn't too bad, it's not much of a problem then.
  • TheMightyBee
    2889 posts Fans' Favourite
    ASH32 wrote: »
    Hope you get a game where the button lag isn't too bad, it's not much of a problem then.

• HS
    Sometimes the lag just makes you want to quit anyway lol. I'll try passing more and less dribbling I guess.
  • centenary88
    622 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Striker set to false 9 , CAM with 5* wf and good long shooting also one CM with good long range..

Ooh and probably fast full backs to chase his 90+ pace attackers when he counters
  • HS
    Striker set to false 9 , CAM with 5* wf and good long shooting also one CM with good long range..

Ooh and probably fast full backs to chase his 90+ pace attackers when he counters

My cams are either ozil or Thiago so prob not the best shooting tbh
  • a 0wner
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hold possession and for the love of god dont turn it over
  • Dhaggy
    433 posts Sunday League Hero
    what i do is : i keep my backs on stay behind put in high pressure and pressure whit team keep it on balanced pass the ball a round . if the opponent got a counter he is most likely whit 3 attackers and you have still youre 4atb that hold them on the midline. if you have pacey backs he prolly wont come trought whit his pacy attackers
  • Ginch goes u90
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I posses the ball, work it around the outside of the box and look to one two a midfielder into the box or if I have a player with his back to goal and a defender marking him tight I'll fire it into him for a quick standing scoop turn and it usually gets me clean through for an open shot
  • Rooney at CAM is the answer, because he can BANG in longshots when the defence backs off. that or tika taka to draw someone out and create a space for a striker
  • HS
    So generally is it better to slow the play down and pass around rather than go attacking?
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    Ultra Defensive is being used because through balls are so OP. It's not the cause of the problem, it's the effect.
  • HS
    I've just started passing it around a lot more. It's almost impossible when the opponent goes a goal up to get through though
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    Mdionne415 wrote: »
    Ultra Defensive is being used because through balls are so OP. It's not the cause of the problem, it's the effect.
    yes, AI defending has nothing to do with it lol