SBC Birmingham City

Ncfcrulz
398 posts Sunday League Hero
Trying to do the SBC for Birmingham Villa but of course we have people farming every single Birmingham player on the market. Can't buy a single Birmingham player for less than 4k which is farcical.

Nonetheless with the challenge ending today I take it these hoarders will want to offload as after midnight their value becomes tiny so should we see a slow decrease in their value over the next 24 hours?

Comments

• abhinit90
    343 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not really, you have to keep in mind that cards are being removed from the market and lots of people will be looking to buy them as a last minute buy.
  • Ncfcrulz
    Well it's silly. What idiot will buy a card for 4k when the pack you win is worth 5k... I'm sure there are idiots out there but geez.

How many bronze packs do ya reckon need to open to get 2 brummie players. 20 packs would cost the same lol
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    I wouldn't even bother doing it. It's the one I left this weekend. You don't get a reward for finishing all 4 or do you ? If so, I guess it's still not worth it.
  • Ncfcrulz
    Yeah get a 7500 pack so 12500 to complete the lot. Only 2 Birmingham players needed so will still be +ev for me to buy them at 8k total but do 12.5k worth of packs average a return of 8k? Not so sure
  • Ledesale
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The squad building challenges for these lower rated teams are always going to be expensive because there isn't many cards on the market. Before the sbc most people would just discard Birmingham players since they didn't hold much value. Now with the sbc they are being used and discarded at a much faster rate. Supply goes way down, demand goes way up.
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    The 7,5k packs aren't worth it. You get like 7 consumables, mostly contracts, and if you're lucky one rare gold player who is trash 99,9999 % of the time. I wouldn't do it, look at the big threads about next weeks predictions and load up on the players of the safe games like Spurs - Arsenal. That's the way to go, if you don't want to overpay.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    I wouldn't even bother doing it. It's the one I left this weekend. You don't get a reward for finishing all 4 or do you ? If so, I guess it's still not worth it.

I think you get 5k coins and a pack, not sure at the moment.

Prices go up because the players become more and more rare. Everyone who does the challenge discards these players and there aren't that many players to choose from. In general silver and bronze players are much rarer than golds because less people open silver/bronze packs.

tbh most of these challenges aren't worth doing unless you have most of the players already in your club. I had like 4 Birmingham players in club so used 2 and sold the other 2 for 4k each.
  • Fozberry
    658 posts An Exciting Prospect
    People see they have 3 complete, see the get the reward for 1 and reward for all 4, and do what someone did in here, 8-10k for 12.5k of packs. And then there's people that just have to complete them.
    Personally I had 2 Birmingham players, and sold them for 14k and left the sbc alone.
  • Gers2004
    1103 posts Professional
    Your lucky it's only 4K if i had invested more I'd be making you pay 10k
  • Ncfcrulz
    Gers2004 wrote: »
    Your lucky it's only 4K if i had invested more I'd be making you pay 10k

You wouldn't. I wouldn't be one of the idiots paying 20k for 2 players for 15k of packs lol