THE CROSSING/DIRECT FIFA PLAY APPRECIATION THREAD. BANNED IT'S A WIPEOUT.

Comments

• KirchhoffTheGod
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    Is it just me or ever since the patch every time you go to head the ball towards goal it turns into a penny floater and goes miles over the bar?

oh no i feel you 100% or you just dont win the header 90% of the time

Sometimes my strikers don't even attempt to jump.

I hate this with a passion

game is trash
  • SJR440
    4338 posts National Call-Up
    SJR440 wrote: »
    Managed to craft this together from my untradeables @KirchhoffTheGod, thoughts? :)

33n97vb.jpg

oi now thats a solid squad @SJR440

havent used them defenders though. go win a game

Giving it a go when I get in at home mate with the tactics and instructions you've listed to really test it out :)
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Managed to craft this together from my untradeables @KirchhoffTheGod, thoughts? :)

33n97vb.jpg

oi now thats a solid squad @SJR440

havent used them defenders though. go win a game

Giving it a go when I get in at home mate with the tactics and instructions you've listed to really test it out :)

good luck! just smashed a few people in div 1
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    After relearning crossing in 15, because 14 was complexly out of control, then taking the time to actually learn the completely redesigned and complex crossing in 16 only to settle for volleys and catch-and-shoots, we were faced with a completely new crossing system in 17, which kind of worked and with the exception of corners, was balanced, now that has been changed. Actual heads-on-the-ball scoring as a viable tactic is dead. Long live the through-ball counter attack. At least they stopped calling it “beautiful”.
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Mdionne415 wrote: »
    After relearning crossing in 15, because 14 was complexly out of control, then taking the time to actually learn the completely redesigned and complex crossing in 16 only to settle for volleys and catch-and-shoots, we were faced with a completely new crossing system in 17, which kind of worked and with the exception of corners, was balanced, now that has been changed. Actual heads-on-the-ball scoring as a viable tactic is dead. Long live the through-ball counter attack. At least they stopped calling it “beautiful”.

crossing still works. just need to do it about 25 times a game and hope the guy drops his controller so he cant just tap b to win it.
  • Gzapper
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Love this thread and the whole concept. Been playing this way for about a week and have moved up to Div 6 (I'm 40 yrs old and don't have a ton of time to play. Usually end up in Div 2 or 3 each year by the end each year).

The biggest thing for me is that when the bad button lag hits this style gives you a chance. When you're playing 433(5) using quick passes and dribbling you've got no chance to compete when the input delay is a problem (seems to be 3/4 days for me).

Here are my squads--any input or suggestions appreciated. Always try to use Sneijder as he's my favorite player IRL currently in FIFA (please, someone sign Berba).

B8372933-1E96-4859-92D6-A09EA7495029_zps0sf4f5p1.png

9E95B4EC-46E1-4838-A903-CBBC100D1A99_zpsav8imh6b.png
  • Gzapper
    Also, is anyone having an issue where your striker is in perfect position for a header, wide open on the penalty spot, and instead tries a foot volley, missing horribly because you've powered up a header not tapped a volley?
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Gzapper wrote: »
    Love this thread and the whole concept. Been playing this way for about a week and have moved up to Div 6 (I'm 40 yrs old and don't have a ton of time to play. Usually end up in Div 2 or 3 each year by the end each year).

The biggest thing for me is that when the bad button lag hits this style gives you a chance. When you're playing 433(5) using quick passes and dribbling you've got no chance to compete when the input delay is a problem (seems to be 3/4 days for me).

Here are my squads--any input or suggestions appreciated. Always try to use Sneijder as he's my favorite player IRL currently in FIFA (please, someone sign Berba).

B8372933-1E96-4859-92D6-A09EA7495029_zps0sf4f5p1.png

9E95B4EC-46E1-4838-A903-CBBC100D1A99_zpsav8imh6b.png

first squad is an absolute dream. didnt like IF beneteke at all really. much prefered his NIF. besides that give kirchhoff a go at right CM

as for the second team you might need a taller CF and play sneijder at CM maybe? i found it hard to play with short CF since they are in a forward role and end up getting in the box. but if u feel like it works stick with it!

716774da774b614e0a14b5c0aa0049ed.png
    heres another alternative i made for you giving you a tall beastly CDM and a tall back line. Also willems at LB is quick and has the almighty gaint throw in trait. as for the LM he's a CRAZY good LM i use on my main team. spent 900 coins and put catalyst on him and no one can stop him. his stats are really good. feel free to be creative on the entire right side of the pitch. it'll get good chemistry anyways. don't be afraid to play a couple players on 7/8 chem if you need to :)
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional

crossing still works. just need to do it about 25 times a game and hope the guy drops his controller so he cant just tap b to win it.

...and we're calling that "working"?!

It's too bad. As hard as it was last year, at least if you took the time (which I did) to learn it, it was usable and fun even if it was more complicated than a ball roll and fake shot. Now it's all gone. The game has never been more one dimensional.
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Also, is anyone having an issue where your striker is in perfect position for a header, wide open on the penalty spot, and instead tries a foot volley, missing horribly because you've powered up a header not tapped a volley?

yep. also volleys are terrible. they miss so much or go right at the keeper. sometimes instead of heading he just trys to chest the ball down. fifa is a joke
  • KirchhoffTheGod

...and we're calling that "working"?!

It's too bad. As hard as it was last year, at least if you took the time (which I did) to learn it, it was usable and fun even if it was more complicated than a ball roll and fake shot. Now it's all gone. The game has never been more one dimensional.

crossings terrible but if you are persistent and keep bombarding the box your destined to get 1
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional

yep. also volleys are terrible. they miss so much or go right at the keeper. sometimes instead of heading he just trys to chest the ball down. fifa is a joke

Yep!
  • SJR440
    Just come up with this for a fitness squad @KirchhoffTheGod - again, all untradeables apart from Basta :)

Thoughts?

legsj.png
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    Just come up with this for a fitness squad @KirchhoffTheGod - again, all untradeables apart from Basta :)

Thoughts?

legsj.png

damn thats a solid fitness team. absolute class. eadings been sht for me today. can only win if their not marked
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    @jordlfc1993 hows vieri?
  • MonKeano
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone tried IF Kalinic yet ?
  • jordlfc1993
    426 posts Sunday League Hero
    @jordlfc1993 hows vieri?

Never used him this year. I don't play FIFA anymore. The game is pure poverty. Even if I was in prison I'd rather play monopoly than FIFA.
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    @jordlfc1993 hows vieri?

Never used him this year. I don't play FIFA anymore. The game is pure poverty. Even if I was in prison I'd rather play monopoly than FIFA.

lol wise words. i keep on crossing day in and day out. even though crossings at the point that i get about 3 crosses out of 23 on target. (yes thats real number i counted) (23 crosses. all didnt win the header or they went over the net. 3. on. target. 2 crossbar 1 at the keepers hands without him moving) im persistent cus i enjoy it but besides that pure ****
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    MonKeano wrote: »
    Anyone tried IF Kalinic yet ?

nah this weeks got no good big men up top
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    REALLY looking forward to try out this guy. Power header trait and target forward. his stats are UNREAL
    7f0d02ba2b53bcb9d7a190506d288638.png
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    REALLY looking forward to try out this guy. Power header trait and target forward. his stats are UNREAL

I MEAN WHAT 6'5 GUY HAS 83 JUMPING. WHAT!?!?!
  • Gzapper
    Played 4 games tonight and think I managed to win 1 header, off the bar. Son is saving my **** on my main team, seems like after a few end line runs opponents overreact and the Red Sea parts for him when he cuts inside. Also, the crosses attempted/completed stats after the game don't seem to be working--I'll throw in 6 with Walcott and after the game it says 0/1 completed.

Overall, it seems really difficult for my forwards to win crosses. May experiment with some different chem styles, it wouldn't surprise me if something changed related to them with the patch.
  • SJR440
    edited October 2016
    @KirchhoffTheGod Just realised I've got tons of chem styles in my club - worth putting any on the Fellaini and fitness teams do you think? What would you apply to each if I were to use them?

Quick recap of teams so you don't have to scroll up:

1st Team -

Mandanda
    Sagna
    Bailly
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Antonio
    Kouyate
    Scream Fellaini
    POTM Son
    Carroll
    Benteke

Fitness team -

Hart
    Basta
    Astori
    Cahill
    Gibbs
    Biabiany
    Carlos Sanchez
    Matic
    Martial
    Gignac
    Giroud
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    @KirchhoffTheGod Just realised I've got tons of chem styles in my club - worth putting any on the Fellaini and fitness teams do you think? What would you apply to each if I were to use them?

Quick recap of teams so you don't have to scroll up:

1st Team -

Mandanda
    Sagna
    Bailly
    Smalling
    Shaw
    Antonio
    Kouyate
    Scream Fellaini
    POTM Son
    Carroll
    Benteke

Fitness team -

Hart
    Basta
    Astori
    Cahill
    Gibbs
    Biabiany
    Carlos Sanchez
    Matic
    Martial
    Gignac
    Giroud

ide spend the 900 coins each for my wingers no doubt. for MY main team i got catalysts on all my RB/LB LM/RM's cus they arent like 3k each anymore (thank god) and they make a huge difference to me and a lot easier to cross. and add for strikers i use anchor or sentenal. you might have to go on futhead and see whats best for a certian player between strength/jumping/heading. and of course height. i like using strikers 6'3 and above. really rare to go under that
  • MonKeano
    Crossing is poo today :(
  • KirchhoffTheGod

be consistent. if you dont have fun doing it it isnt for you. i play it to have fun. winning is just a bonus i happen to do quite often now
  • blue9
    935 posts Professional
    For anyone with a dutch team... holy... ****

80+ in strength jumping and heading. and 6'5.. wow and with great traits
    ab92dceb65270e8bf48233c54bf9cd7a.png

just looked through some other tall as hell players. 80 jumping is INSANE for his height

used him and 2 other big good heading strikers as you could imagine **** on this game they dont jump they dont outpower noone etc etc
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    blue9 wrote: »
    For anyone with a dutch team... holy... ****

80+ in strength jumping and heading. and 6'5.. wow and with great traits
    ab92dceb65270e8bf48233c54bf9cd7a.png

just looked through some other tall as hell players. 80 jumping is INSANE for his height

used him and 2 other big good heading strikers as you could imagine **** on this game they dont jump they dont outpower noone etc etc

thats pretty much everyone. i think the only fair assessment you can make on strikers now are put them on the penalty spot and launch a giant throw in and see if they can score from that. if they can you got urself a lad. if not, you got urself an IF benteke (not a lad)
  • blue9
    935 posts Professional
    @jordlfc1993 hows vieri?

lol wise words. i keep on crossing day in and day out. even though crossings at the point that i get about 3 crosses out of 23 on target. (yes thats real number i counted) (23 crosses. all didnt win the header or they went over the net. 3. on. target. 2 crossbar 1 at the keepers hands without him moving) im persistent cus i enjoy it but besides that pure ****

enjoy lol dunno how cant remember the last fifa i actually enjoyed
  • MonKeano

be consistent. if you dont have fun doing it it isnt for you. i play it to have fun. winning is just a bonus i happen to do quite often now

I do enjoy it I just mean it's not working out today