Legendary is too easy.

Comments

  • ThomasHK1979
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Legendary is perfect !
  • AJFrice
    31 posts Park Captain
    New update. Same ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game. Disappointed that I wasted $70 on a game which only requires a deformed baby dolphin to play it. I just hate how they only focus on getting new beginners to play and forget all about the ones who have been playing for ages...
  • Momalpas123
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    AJFrice wrote: »
    New update. Same **** game. Disappointed that I wasted $70 on a game which only requires a deformed baby dolphin to play it. I just hate how they only focus on getting new beginners to play and forget all about the ones who have been playing for ages...

    Do we have any recourse at this point? I assume you're still finding it ridiculously easy on legendary right?

    I downloaded the game as always so is it possible to call EA to ask for a refund? Basically theyve advertised something, which has been there for every Fifa since I can remember... and have not delivered.

    Career Mode on legendary is unplayable!
  • The AI from fifa 16 would be fine EA. Please give us that as a new difficulty option.
  • Webdizzle
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I find legendary good to play on but I hate the sweaty CPU goals. You'll dominate games and then your defender decides in the 90 minute to wonder from his position or own goals or deflections.


    The amount of very poor cpu goals is shocking you do not feel beaten well or think great goal you think why has my own player tapped that in or just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off completely.

    Also the issue of passes starting to go astray when the cpu ups pressure or the lack of ref decisions. I'm sick of cpu players holding onto mine for and 10 or 15 yards with no punishment. If I sneeze near I cpu player it's a foul.

    This all points to poor methods of making the game harder. I hate no getting a fair run of things I would rather be out played with passing and not random goals and poor referees.

    Come on EA this has been a problem for many years, hindering the player is poor game management
  • ProJoe
    54 posts Park Captain
    This is such a simple fix. All they have to do is transfer the levels on FUT over to offline modes, in particular Career Mode.
  • Ripsmokey78
    73 posts Park Captain
    Mackbr1ch wrote: »
    The AI from fifa 16 would be fine EA. Please give us that as a new difficulty option.

    No dont do this, why would you want to play an AI that will only pass backwards even if its one on one with the GK, it needs to built frm the ground up a fresh. So this fifa isnt getting any better.
  • ThomasHK1979
    109 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    1) Can you recommend a formation to beat Legendary ?
    2) Can you recommend a custom tactic with that?
  • Yeah, I am 30+ not a hardcore gamer, but a fifa career veteran. I dont play FUT or seasons only offline career. As far as I can remember legendary was a challenge - big or small but a challenge nonetheless. It took some time to master, some tactics tweaking, some effort had to be made. This year it's just trivial. Started with my go to team - Liverpool. Pre season - 4-1 Atletco M, 4-0 Barcelona 5-0 Napoli. Barclays so far - 3-0 Arsenal away, 4-1 Spurs away 3-0 Chelsea away. 5 games 5 ez wins 15-2. Stopped playing. Experience ruined. Plus due to stupid regional restrictions I'm stuck with polish commentary with no way to change it. After 5 years with EA I guess it's time to move on to Konami
  • Ripsmokey78
    73 posts Park Captain
    Webdizzle wrote: »
    I find legendary good to play on but I hate the sweaty CPU goals. You'll dominate games and then your defender decides in the 90 minute to wonder from his position or own goals or deflections.


    The amount of very poor cpu goals is shocking you do not feel beaten well or think great goal you think why has my own player tapped that in or just **** off completely.

    Also the issue of passes starting to go astray when the cpu ups pressure or the lack of ref decisions. I'm sick of cpu players holding onto mine for and 10 or 15 yards with no punishment. If I sneeze near I cpu player it's a foul.

    This all points to poor methods of making the game harder. I hate no getting a fair run of things I would rather be out played with passing and not random goals and poor referees.

    Come on EA this has been a problem for many years, hindering the player is poor game management

    This
  • Momalpas123
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    rysiox wrote: »
    Yeah, I am 30+ not a hardcore gamer, but a fifa career veteran. I dont play FUT or seasons only offline career. As far as I can remember legendary was a challenge - big or small but a challenge nonetheless. It took some time to master, some tactics tweaking, some effort had to be made. This year it's just trivial. Started with my go to team - Liverpool. Pre season - 4-1 Atletco M, 4-0 Barcelona 5-0 Napoli. Barclays so far - 3-0 Arsenal away, 4-1 Spurs away 3-0 Chelsea away. 5 games 5 ez wins 15-2. Stopped playing. Experience ruined. Plus due to stupid regional restrictions I'm stuck with polish commentary with no way to change it. After 5 years with EA I guess it's time to move on to Konami

    Such a shame, you are in same boat as me then. Essentially just can't play the game anymore.

    This is the year EA finally stuck the dagger in career mode. I'd be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ ashamed.
  • CrimsonianKing
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    rysiox wrote: »
    Yeah, I am 30+ not a hardcore gamer, but a fifa career veteran. I dont play FUT or seasons only offline career. As far as I can remember legendary was a challenge - big or small but a challenge nonetheless. It took some time to master, some tactics tweaking, some effort had to be made. This year it's just trivial. Started with my go to team - Liverpool. Pre season - 4-1 Atletco M, 4-0 Barcelona 5-0 Napoli. Barclays so far - 3-0 Arsenal away, 4-1 Spurs away 3-0 Chelsea away. 5 games 5 ez wins 15-2. Stopped playing. Experience ruined. Plus due to stupid regional restrictions I'm stuck with polish commentary with no way to change it. After 5 years with EA I guess it's time to move on to Konami

    Same here. Even after the patch, which made the CPU try to attack a little more, it's still white easy to dominate even when you're a 2 Star team against say Real Madrid.

    CPU makes too many passing mistakes and allow the ball to be taken way too easily. Also most often than not you win air balls from goal kicks so you're constantly having the ball and attacking. This is the first Fifa when legendary lacks a challenge.
  • 1) Can you recommend a formation to beat Legendary ?
    2) Can you recommend a custom tactic with that?

    Its actually nothing to do with formations or what players you have to beat legendary. There are usually two approaches either i) skillz players doing all the flair and flashy stuff or 2) passing and finding space (which most people do).
    Basically just start passing like you would do in football and wait for space to occur. Most people tend to get a lot of wing play and spring down the wings to create their attack. Others would use skillful middle players to just trigger 1-2's.
  • MJD85
    239 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    Maybe you can change the settings of CPU?
    Pass Error to 30 for example.
  • I completely agree with this, I'm having exactly the same problems. First of all, Legendary is far too easy. Every single career mode I play I end up leaving due to boredom or the unrealistic nature of it. It's so easy to be successful, and the defence thing is spot on. I'm with Reading on my most recent one and I'm literally drawing on purpose so I drop out of the play offs and I have only conceded 5 goals in 22 games which is absolutely insane. And that's with sliders in favour of the AI! It just gets boring, there's nothing worse than trying not to win it takes all the interest and fun out of a career mode. I feel like the opposition have literally nothing to offer in attack in every game, I get to cup finals beating premier league teams with ease because it's almost as if they don't even want to score. It's just too easy, I genuinely believe I could win the league with Burnley on legendary for every game and I'm sorry but that should be literally impossible. Plus is it just me or do other teams always drop points whenever you do? Like you could be top of the league and you can draw a game and think "Oh now whoever wiill overtake me because they should win their game" yet they always drop points they shouldn't, which again, makes it far too easy. It's so frustrating because I thought it was bad on the last couple of FIFA's, but this is the worst one yet.
  • BistroXII wrote: »
    I'm not finding Legendary 'too easy' at all. Actually finding it quite balanced in terms of it being a challenge.

    Wel obviously you've found your level and we're all glad you're enjoying it, but for some of us that are better at the game are finding it very difficult to enjoy the career mode because of it. I've got a feeling EA wont do anything about it because of people like you who say "I'm not finding it too easy at all" well that's because you aren't that good, most people aren't and there are 5 difficulty levels for those people.

  • The majority like the game as it is, otherwise this thread would be overrun. I'm sorry you are too good for the game however I would rather lose a few players then alot. I doubt very much that you will see a patch for that, not in the near future anyway. Best find a new game to play.

    The majority of you create this with your playstyle. You don't try and mimic real football at all. I guarantee everytime you are wide you fake shot or Ronaldo chop inside. Your own playstyle has ruined the game for you, not the game.

    No how about they make another difficulty for us who are just better than players like you? Instead of being bitter about it because your happy winning 5-0 every game with Accrington Stanley vs Chelsea doesn't mean the rest of us are. It's not our play style at all, I actually make a serious attempt to keep my career's, tactics, squads and gameplay as realistic as possible. My playstyle is as realistic as it gets and I actually think that's why it's too easy, once I divulge into my custom tactics and player instructions the CPU can't get any where near me but it shouldn't be like that. It should be difficult regardless but it's not. 'Time to find a new game to play?' Stop embarrassing yourself and trying to stop us from talking about an issue that bothers clearly more than just a few of us, go play on your Luton Town career where you just beat Barcelona 6-0 in the Champions League final if you're so happy with it.
  • Totally agree. I recommend you to put the control in manual. I playing with Derby and miss out promotion on the playoff final before a very good start, we struggle a little bit with semi/manual pass and shoot

    As much as I see your point, I don't think we should have to put our controls on manual, it really shouldn't take that for our career modes to be a challenge. And yes albeit, putting the controls on manual makes the game far more difficult but I feel like the fun of the game just goes.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2016
    LJHilton wrote: »
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I'm not finding Legendary 'too easy' at all. Actually finding it quite balanced in terms of it being a challenge.

    Wel obviously you've found your level and we're all glad you're enjoying it, but for some of us that are better at the game are finding it very difficult to enjoy the career mode because of it. I've got a feeling EA wont do anything about it because of people like you who say "I'm not finding it too easy at all" well that's because you aren't that good, most people aren't and there are 5 difficulty levels for those people.

    Complete assumption and you sound totally up yourself. You have no idea if I'm good or not. I had no problem playing on higher levels in previous FIFA's. And if I don't see this year as being easy then deal with it mate. I'll leave you to keep talking about how good you are.
  • BistroXII wrote: »
    LJHilton wrote: »
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I'm not finding Legendary 'too easy' at all. Actually finding it quite balanced in terms of it being a challenge.

    Wel obviously you've found your level and we're all glad you're enjoying it, but for some of us that are better at the game are finding it very difficult to enjoy the career mode because of it. I've got a feeling EA wont do anything about it because of people like you who say "I'm not finding it too easy at all" well that's because you aren't that good, most people aren't and there are 5 difficulty levels for those people.

    Complete assumption and you sound totally up yourself. You have no idea if I'm good or not. I had no problem playing on higher levels in previous FIFA's. And if I don't see this year as being easy then deal with it mate. I'll leave you to keep talking about how good you are.

    As I've already said, I'm not trying to big myself up in anyway shape or form. My point was that people like you who obviously don't have a problem with the game can go and enjoy it and stop ruining the possibility of it being fixed for the rest of us.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    LJHilton wrote: »
    BistroXII wrote: »
    LJHilton wrote: »
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I'm not finding Legendary 'too easy' at all. Actually finding it quite balanced in terms of it being a challenge.

    Wel obviously you've found your level and we're all glad you're enjoying it, but for some of us that are better at the game are finding it very difficult to enjoy the career mode because of it. I've got a feeling EA wont do anything about it because of people like you who say "I'm not finding it too easy at all" well that's because you aren't that good, most people aren't and there are 5 difficulty levels for those people.

    Complete assumption and you sound totally up yourself. You have no idea if I'm good or not. I had no problem playing on higher levels in previous FIFA's. And if I don't see this year as being easy then deal with it mate. I'll leave you to keep talking about how good you are.

    As I've already said, I'm not trying to big myself up in anyway shape or form. My point was that people like you who obviously don't have a problem with the game can go and enjoy it and stop ruining the possibility of it being fixed for the rest of us.

    So it's only good if you enjoy it but if anyone else is enjoying it then ruins it for you. OK then whatever you reckon, you have a great way with words and coming across exactly the way your not trying to.
  • Cooler08
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2016
    It's surprising that people are saying that the CPU team offers nothing in attack on legendary. Even on professional, when I play a team such as Man City, when they turn up they are clinical, rocketing shots into the top corner from outside the box, scoring powerful, accurate headers and scoring with about half their attempts on goal.

    I guess you are winning the ball in midfield and stopping the CPU getting in and around the box?



  • ProJoe
    54 posts Park Captain
    The CPU show no urgency to get forward in legendary. As I keep saying in this thread, play FUT on legendary and it's a proper challenge, why is it different in Career? Easy to fix this EA, just do it!
  • Ohma
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I am so tired of this game. I try to enjoy it, but there is literally no challenge whatsoever on Legendary. Even with sliders, that massively favours the CPU, I win every game easily. Its too easy running on the flanks and score a goal, too easy have possession, too easy retake the ball, and the worst of all - the CPU never attacks. Even with CPU passing error reduced to 20. In CM, I currently have 16 wins out of 16 and 2 goals conceded. I am not sure a patch will be able to fix this, as EA needs to completely reprogram the AI from the ground up.
  • Gjoo
    4 posts Ball Boy
    ProJoe wrote: »
    The CPU show no urgency to get forward in legendary. As I keep saying in this thread, play FUT on legendary and it's a proper challenge, why is it different in Career? Easy to fix this EA, just do it!

    I have also noticed this. Feels like EA is trying to attract CM players into FUT by making the career mode CPU ❤️❤️❤️❤️


  • Momalpas123
    206 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gjoo wrote: »
    ProJoe wrote: »
    The CPU show no urgency to get forward in legendary. As I keep saying in this thread, play FUT on legendary and it's a proper challenge, why is it different in Career? Easy to fix this EA, just do it!

    I have also noticed this. Feels like EA is trying to attract CM players into FUT by making the career mode CPU ****


    I think you're right and I refuse to do it. Have basically put the game down after playing less than 6 hours. gutted.
  • ProJoe
    54 posts Park Captain
    I have been thinking that as well, I'll give it 1 more patch and if this still hasn't been sorted I imagine I'll give up with Fifa, FUT just doesn't grip me like a good Career Mode would :(
  • Cooler08
    668 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ohma wrote: »
    I am not sure a patch will be able to fix this, as EA needs to completely reprogram the AI from the ground up.

    When was the last time that happened? It's clear that a lot of the AI in Fifa 17 is from last gen, even though this is the 4th iteration on current gen.

  • Ohma
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    Ohma wrote: »
    I am not sure a patch will be able to fix this, as EA needs to completely reprogram the AI from the ground up.

    When was the last time that happened? It's clear that a lot of the AI in Fifa 17 is from last gen, even though this is the 4th iteration on current gen.

    It has never happened. I am only guessing here, but probably 80-90 % of the AI code in a new FIFA game comes from the game before. And the short developing time between games does not make it easier to completely reprogram the AI. They will probably need to take a 2 year break from releasing FIFA in order to achieve that. But that will of course never happen. As long as 12 year old kids worship FUT, we are only a very very small resistence force who notice these problems. The majority playing this game does not want the ultra fotball experience. They want goals, goals, goals, lots of ping pong and pokemon cards (aka FUT cards). I am hoping PES gets more licenses and improves their presentation because they are closer to achieving the ultimate fotball experience, when it comes to gameplay.
  • Ohma
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ProJoe wrote: »
    I have been thinking that as well, I'll give it 1 more patch and if this still hasn't been sorted I imagine I'll give up with Fifa, FUT just doesn't grip me like a good Career Mode would :(

    I seriously cannot understand the joy with FUT. Cards, really!? As long as 90 % prefer FUT over CM, FIFA will stay the same for many many years to come. It is clearly obvious that this game is primarily designed for kids who have posters of their favourite players on the wall in their bedroom and/or create YT-videos like "OMG, I got Pogba, OMG OMG OMG!!!".
Sign In or Register to comment.