Patch Is Not Good

Comments

• DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Its all in your head game is exactly the same expect now we dont gotta worry about short corners go to far post

Just won 5 games all by 2 goals or more
  • PJazz
    2223 posts Fans' Favourite
    Oh well. They did exactly what I said they would do. Make things that didnt need fixing worse, and didnt change things that did need changing.

The defence is now shot to bits. You cant auto OR manual defend. You need AI Auto defending as you cant control all players. It was a little OP was all, blocking everything in the box. This still happens ffs, but now pace and long through balls are kind again - with a little zig zag for effect.

Totally buggered the game up, made it OP towards the attacker. Some of us actually prefer to play defensively because we struggle to attack - its an age thing. Slow Reflexes and slower thought processes than when I was younger.

I swear this game is ageist lol. the only hope us oldns had was to defend well, and counter. Now we cant.

Well said! I feel your pain :(
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Pace and driven through balls and passes where working before thr patch too

Realizw people are getting better and better everyday
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    when auto ai defence is not effectiv is good wow 60 % of division 1 players down to division 3 when park the buss is not efectiv more !
    But Park the Bus should be effective. PTB is not the same as letting the A.I defend for you.

If they nerf PTB then they should make all wingers, CAM's and ST have 20 pace.

Pace abuse is a far bigger issue than PTB.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    unklej wrote: »
    Ugh, what did I expect with this patch. The corner glitch is fixed but be prepared for a god damn 3 on 1 counter every time after a corner now, jesus. EA, against all advice has actually nerfed the manual well timed tackle. The dribble hell is back.

You do realize that all you do on here is cry about the game?

d36ac4918ac1fcf67b69408b9e191ec2.png

44682569.jpg

• Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Flapjack wrote: »
    I'll take a game that favors attacking over defending any day tbh. There were just way too many people who were happy to sit back and let the game defend for them.

• SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    PJazz wrote: »
    Oh well. They did exactly what I said they would do. Make things that didnt need fixing worse, and didnt change things that did need changing.

The defence is now shot to bits. You cant auto OR manual defend. You need AI Auto defending as you cant control all players. It was a little OP was all, blocking everything in the box. This still happens ffs, but now pace and long through balls are kind again - with a little zig zag for effect.

Totally buggered the game up, made it OP towards the attacker. Some of us actually prefer to play defensively because we struggle to attack - its an age thing. Slow Reflexes and slower thought processes than when I was younger.

I swear this game is ageist lol. the only hope us oldns had was to defend well, and counter. Now we cant.

Well said! I feel your pain :(

I love it they just turned Messi into GOD MODE

• bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Ugh, what did I expect with this patch. The corner glitch is fixed but be prepared for a god damn 3 on 1 counter every time after a corner now, jesus. EA, against all advice has actually nerfed the manual well timed tackle. The dribble hell is back.

44682569.jpg

wow... talk about a whining fella
  • COACH
    20501 posts Club Captain

44682569.jpg

Haha

:joy:

Those threads
  • bigpokey24
    I so hope auto defending is messed up now! So many will need to relearn the game!

likewise
  • bigpokey24
    Flapjack wrote: »
    I'll take a game that favors attacking over defending any day tbh. There were just way too many people who were happy to sit back and let the game defend for them.

true
  • bigpokey24
    Low Ki wrote: »
    I manually defend and I love it now. Get good scrubs.

me too. Glad auto defending is dead
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hard for me to know what exactly the patch has done yet as I've only had four games, the first two were great, very responsive for once and so the high pressure my opponents used just didn't work and I won easily, the next two however didn't just have button lag they had real jumping lag and were amongst the worst I've had this year, couldn't score in either match because the pressure was just crashing into my players before they'd respond.
  • Matti91
    86 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2016
    Post edited by Matti91 on
  • Tomatk
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Honestly.. I can't tell what has been changed after 5 games.
  • Oh well. They did exactly what I said they would do. Make things that didnt need fixing worse, and didnt change things that did need changing.

can defend just fine. and attackers are not op and u just said it sum of us struggle to attack so if u cant attack then bye basic law u shoukd struggle to defend then.

game still has ways to go but so far so good
  • COACH
    20501 posts Club Captain
    Very excited to see that that nerfed AI defenders a bit and corners.

I haven't scored one corner at all and rely on close dribbling and short passing.

Things are looking up.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Hadn't played for 6 days. Much needed vacation. So I knew this was going to be interesting when I fired up the game on Monday.

AI defending is nerfed for sure. Actually had to use the tackle button, and rightfully so. I was getting burnt by dribbling which hasn't happened yet this year. Passing and shooting seemed to happen quicker. Shots were not getting blocked as much.

Heading still seems WAY OP. While they fixed the far post corner "glitch" there are stills some pretty dirty corner tactics that work.

A little recalc, tactics tweak, formation change and I was back in business. Lost 2 in a row, then tied 4 in a row, then finally started winning and scoring.
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    The already diminishing skill gap has almost gone extinct.

Most definitely, has not.
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hadn't played for 6 days. Much needed vacation. So I knew this was going to be interesting when I fired up the game on Monday.

AI defending is nerfed for sure. Actually had to use the tackle button, and rightfully so. I was getting burnt by dribbling which hasn't happened yet this year. Passing and shooting seemed to happen quicker. Shots were not getting blocked as much.

Heading still seems WAY OP. While they fixed the far post corner "glitch" there are stills some pretty dirty corner tactics that work.

A little recalc, tactics tweak, formation change and I was back in business. Lost 2 in a row, then tied 4 in a row, then finally started winning and scoring.

I could only think about the terrible, the awful game we had last year while reading your comments.

I hope we are not back to the useless defence and pacey dribblers destroys all type ❤️❤️❤️❤️ we had last year.

• Samoook
    64 posts Park Captain
    COACH wrote: »

44682569.jpg

Haha

:joy:

Those threads

Closed topic. xD
  • Neckabob
    13522 posts Has That Special Something
    Lol its good i dont have any problems
    Only thing is players still try to chest it indtead of clearing it. Button lag is gone for the most part
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    I just zig zagged a guy so much he rage quit.

I love this patch.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Menaceuk wrote: »

I could only think about the terrible, the awful game we had last year while reading your comments.

I hope we are not back to the useless defence and pacey dribblers destroys all type **** we had last year.

It took me so long to figure out how to win in '16. Not saying I played the way I wanted to play, but I played a way that won. Instead of bouncing around D2-3 I sat in D1 for weeks. Instead of being a .500 player, I went +50 wins to losses. Might not seem like much, but in about a 6-8 week span I probably had a W:L of like 5 to 1. Previous barely above even.

What was the difference? Skilling/dribbling. I wanted to work the ball around and not play so "direct." But in the end, direct play, skill moves and dropbacks won in '16. I found it, and I am sure others did as well, hard to tackle skillers/zig-zaggers.

I'm like 2:1 right now in 17. Even after an ugly night that I did turn around. I am being more effective with wider formations and passing, but the shooting is too delayed. AI D really doesn't bother me that much, it's the delay and blocked shots that aren't rewarding good play.

The biggest challenge this year seems to be the "skill gap" of the onfield players. Last year, I didn't feel a huge difference between players. I felt like anyone could play against anyone. This year, it seems like pacey players outrun slower players. Stronger players outmuscle weaker players. Etc etc. So my current 82 rated team gets beat up a bit by a 84 rated Serie A side with all the usual suspects. The ultra sweaty BPL side outruns my CBs.

It will be interesting to use a high rated side in a couple weeks. I have the coins, just waiting a bit. Actually having fun using different players right now, even if I am not winning as much as I might with a better side.
  • Glad the corner glitch is fixed
  • I was struggling as a manual defender. Hopefully now all those people who just let their AI defend will get punished. Where's the skill in letting the computer play for you?
  • BeardedBerk
    1641 posts Play-Off Hero
    played 1 game so far... managed a 3-0 win but input lag way worse than before
  • Jmaineo
    816 posts An Exciting Prospect
    jackm57 wrote: »
    I just zig zagged a guy so much he rage quit.

I love this patch.

Awesome you are finally back in business. What a scrub.
  • TriggerMike
    6271 posts Big Money Move
    No matter what EA done, some people, like the OP I reckon, would always find something to complain about. There was a few things wrong with the game, mainly injuries and the corner glitch, which EA have sorted. Yes, there is still some things like the kit selection glitch which need addressed but the game at present is still better than FIFA 16.

Oh and OP, to stop the 3 on 1 counters, use your custom tactics and also take notice of workrates of players. Those 2 things can make a BIG difference. My WR on defensive players are all high defensive and that makes a huge difference.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1942 posts Play-Off Hero
    can someone tell me why my players still chest the ball even i press the god damn button to clear it?

i have played 4 games so far and didnt notice any difference...