Fifa 18 Wishlist

As Fifa 17 has been out for a few weeks, it feels just about time to start talking about what should be improved. So, without further ado, let's share ideas

Comments

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    An adults only version for people who want to get away from dabbing, shushing, and anyone who bases their life decisions on what a YouTuber tells them to do.
  • DVNO
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Online unranked matches. Would give me a few more years to live.

3rd Bundesliga & DFB Pokal

Ukrainian League
  • pjkerrigan
    9 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2016
    I have a lot of ideas about details regarding uniforms that I think would be fairly easy for EA to do.

- Keeper kits - there is no reason that Fifa 17 (and all previous versions) doesn't have the keeper kits for smaller clubs. Every club that is licensed in the game should have at least one keeper kit, but with any luck both the first and second keeper kits. This just feels like an obvious thing Fifa can do to increase realism.

- Change keeper kits - which brings me to the idea of being able to decide what your keeper is wearing before starting a match, just like what is done with outfield kits. Imagine getting to choose whether your keeper wears the first keeper kit, second keeper kit, or (in the case of many Italian keepers) the away or third kit. This would also eliminate the occurrence of keepers' kits that are a similar color to the oppositions' kits. Additionally, this would allow for throwback keeper kits to be included, which would be amazing.

- Be able to separately pick shirts, shorts, and socks in the pre-match kit selection - For anyone who has ever played EA Sports's Madden franchise (American football) or Sony's MLB The Show franchise (baseball), this feels like an easy thing to do and would further allow less clashing and less monotony. What I mean in saying this is that, in the pregame kit selection menu, instead of picking kits as a whole, there would be a separate selection for shirt, then shorts, then finally socks for both teams. As we know, sometimes teams switch shorts or socks to avoid clashing or freshen up their looks for a single match, so this is applicable to the real world and a tad silly that Fifa doesn't already have it. Above all else, sometimes it's just really fun as a player to make weird uniform combinations

- Alternate kits for smaller teams - Again, it feels like every club that is licensed in game should have every kit they wear, no matter what. Especially in career mode when it's rather fun to take a League 2 side (like my preferred lower league side, Exeter City) to the Prem, but when they get there it's already monotonous because you've been using the same 2 kits for three seasons. Plus, third kits are fun. and help avoid kit clashing.

- More than 3 kits - occasionally teams release special kits or fourth kits that are only worn once or twice. I think it'd be nice if Fifa added some of these, even as dlc or to be bought with Fifa points like boots and throwback kits. Just more variety.

- More throwback kits - I understand that some of this comes simply from licensing, but if at all possible, more throwbacks would be cool. I would love to have throwback keeper kits too, both matching ones to the existing throwback kits and just random ones like the legendarily horrible David Seaman and Jorge Campos kits, or the more classy Lev Yashin black USSR and Dinamo kits. I'm not entirely sure how licensing works, but if EA could retain kits from seasons prior in next games, it would be cool to see some of those in the throwback options.

- Kit fonts - First off, Fifa needs to add more kit fonts for smaller teams or teams from less popular leagues. Just like I said before, every licensed team should be as realistic as possible, no matter how small the club. I just find it annoying that, with the exception of some Puma teams and the Football League/Ligue 2 teams, many smaller teams (and even some bigger ones, like Roma, Feyenoord, and Galatasaray) do not have their authentic name and number fonts. It's a small thing that would make the game feel a lot more realistic outside of the big teams. Additionally, some teams, like the major Champions League teams coming out of England and France, have different name and number fonts for league play and European/cup/friendly play, so it would be nice to include all of the fonts that teams use and allow the player to choose them (or at least choose whether its league or non-league play) before a match. It would just be that much more realistic to see Man U come out in a European match with their European font, and the like. This would open up the career mode ability for promoted Football League teams to get Premier League fonts and relegated Prem teams to get FL fonts. Additionally, if one wanted to do something crazy (i.e. put an Irish or Scottish side in the FL to play Career Mode), fonts could change accordingly. Perhaps this would allow for Ultimate Team purchase of different fonts, or at least different versions of some kits (again think Man U) to make UT even further in depth.

- Badges and Patches - To have different sleeve patches and that sort of thing depending on competition would also be a nice small change to add realism. EA have both Premier League and FA Cup licensing, why not change the sleeve patches depending on whether one is playing in the league or the cup? Even in major competitions that EA doesn't have the license for (like Champions League and Europa League), it'd be nice to see the EA generic versions of those competitions' sleeve patches when playing in Europe (or South America or Asia or whatever). These badges and patches could include the championship patches moving around depending on who wins what (so it's not just Barcelona or Bayern with the patch for all of Career Mode's in-game eternity), like the Premier League Champion's patch or Italy's Scudetto and Coccarda patches for league and club champions. This is mainly for Career Mode, but would be a nice addition for realism.

- Fans - Maybe more fans wearing a bigger variety of kits than what they currently wear, or even have fans also wear licensed teamwear and sweats in addition to their kits and generic clothing. Just a tad more generic clothing for fans may add some more realism too.

- Referee Kits - It would be fun to allow the player to choose from a variety of options what the referee kit is, just another piece of customization. This could also be transferred to Ultimate Team, where the player can purchase referee kit cards, and the home player may choose what the referee wears in UT matches.

- Manager clothing - If the managers' clothing matched the team, that'd be super cool. Think ties that match team's colors or team sweats and jackets for managers. This would make managers look less generic. Additionally perhaps allow managers to have a few different outfits, like maybe three or four different random suit options or different pieces of trainingwear. This could even translate to a few major managers having some of their real options, depending on how in depth EA gets (likely not very).

- Licensed trainingwear and substitute bibs - This would be cool, at least on the bigger teams that you KNOW EA would want to do this for. I just think having teams' actual substitute bibs and sweats and stuff would add yet another level of realism for the match presentation, or for training exercises and drills. For teams that EA doesn't theoretically do this with, it'd be cool to see at least see generic bibs and sweats that are personalised to a certain team by logos, team names, and even kit numbers and sponsor logos.

- Field and stadium sponsors - it'd be cool to see teams' sponsors (or even just EA Sports's sponsors) on the sidelines and behind the goals in matches. Plus, having add boards with teams' sponsors (I know they already kind of do this) would be a cool little piece of added realism. Honestly just every little bit of advertising that EA can pull off with it's licensing would make the game more real

- Licensing - This one goes far beyond uniforms, but please EA get more licensing. I know we'll never have the full number of licenses we want, but the more the better. Especially international ones (so we don't have all the generic kits) and ones for the club teams that inexplicably don't have licensing, like the Serie B and the newly promoted Liga NOS and Argentinian League teams. Another major factor that falls into more licensing is scanned faces (there is a whole thread for this - see Starhead Thread) and scanned stadiums.

Please comment all of your ideas and comments on my proposed Fifa 18 changes!
  • I have an idea for a mode: Chairman Mode. It'd be like Manager mode, where you get to make player decisions and play all of the matches (I know real club chairmen don't do this, but you know, it'd be fun), but also with the added responsibilities of hiring and firing mangers and assistant managers, renovating your stadium (whether it's generic or authentic), changing ticket and kit pricing, etc. This would not be that different than Manager Mode in concept, but would allow one to hire real life managers to their team, like Pep or Jurgen Klopp, and more stadium realism and that type of thing.
  • ChrisW1991
    1116 posts Professional
    Scanned faces and Stadiums -
    For the following leagues I feel with the licences EA have they should have all NEW scans for every player in every team
    Premier League
    Bundesliga
    La Liga

Stadiums I feel should be a must for the leagues listed below too for every team considering the right EA have
    Premier League (Which I know we have)
    EFL Championship
    Bundesliga
    La Liga

These alone would add so much realism to the game which is needed

Manager Career Mode & Player Career mode need major Improvements, for example in player career, let us choose out of a few options a voice for our Pro so we can give interviews after a match, let us have an agent and also sponsor ship deals with for instance Nike, Adidas, Puma ect

Referees -
    In the major leagues have star heads for the real referees to add to the realism of the match day experience

Customisation -
    For Pro clubs and player career add more customisation options, for example more beard options, hairstyles, summer and winter wear for our Pro`'s ect
    It adds to the realism of having our own player career
  • flcinusa
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2016
    pjkerrigan wrote: »
    - Field and stadium sponsors - it'd be cool to see teams' sponsors (or even just EA Sports's sponsors) on the sidelines and behind the goals in matches. Plus, having add boards with teams' sponsors (I know they already kind of do this) would be a cool little piece of added realism. Honestly just every little bit of advertising that EA can pull off with it's licensing would make the game more real

Won't lie, I was hugely surprised when playing a career mode game at Leicester and the non LED ad boards in front of the stands was not a plethora of EA Sports or FIFA ones. Having Puma and King Power and the likes was a great touch, same with Anfield and the ad boards in-between tiers on the Centenary Stand, shame it's only in certain modes and not in regular kick off games
  • exzoo
    32104 posts National Team Captain
    More stadiums. Benfica, Porto, Sporting, Fenerbahçe, Wolfsburg, Galatasaray, Beşiktaş,... need their stadium in the game.
    More European leagues or teams at least. For career mode players it'd be a great addition since there are no CL teams like BATE, Dinamo Zagreb, Dynamo Kiev,...
    More chants. Every 4+ star team should have 2-3 chants at least.
    Able to make substitutions manually while simulating in career mode.
    More national teams. The likes of Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Iceland are missing, and they have a very strong squad.
    CL+EL licence, most important thing for me in this list tbh, but i know it won't happen in the near future.
    Broadcast graphics for top 5 leagues.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
  • APEX0107
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Being able to edit height, body types and free kick styles in game so we dont have to be telling EA that heights are wrong.
  • APEX0107
    Also all the top 5, 6 or 7 leagues to have the bpl treatment like licensed stadiums and scans for managers players and refereeing staff.
  • gs90
    66 posts Park Captain
    Bigger investments on South American football... Especially the Brazilian League and the Copa Libertadores.

Also, I think FIFA should bring back the old days of International Football. The first games of football were all centered around international teams, and also some of the most memorable FIFA´s ever, like 98: Road to World Cup. They could stop releasing World Cup versions and instead, at least, releasing as DLC.
  • marcello_rj
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    A "chairman" mode would be nice, also bring back assistants, a complete reformulation of manager mode, something like nba2k, the deepest career mode available in any sports game (FM games are something else), possibility to train the whole team and not focus on only 5 for week, redesign the team selection screen, the current way to assemble the team is terrible! There are so many possibilities to improve this game, but the developers don't seen very willingly to explore them, it's a shame. I mean ea have the majority of championships and tournament licenses, they can make the best football game ever, but they don't
  • CaptainJack13
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This would only be a really small change to the game (and I obviously have many more ideas) but I have thought it should be implemented for a while. When you are selecting boots either for your Pro or just in Edit Player mode, it would be a lot more useful if they had just a list of the different brands (adidas, nike, puma, EA Sports, etc.) that they have in the game and then you could just select a brand and then you could scroll through just the boots made by that brand. It's a bit annoying having to scroll through all the adidas, New Balance, etc. boots just to get to Nike or Puma. Would just make the boot menus a bit cleaner and less cluttered.
  • When making national team selections, instead of the current system, what if they made it so that there are 23 slots (each tied to a shirt number) and the team is filled in based on shirt number? Perhaps players could even have a preferred shirt number (this would allow transferred players in career mode to get a number they would actually wear) and a separate preferred international number. It just irks me so much that international players on Fifa wear whatever number is assigned to them on their club teams, as actual national squads only number players 1-23 (the number 1 is officially set aside for one of the three goalkeepers). This just feels like a small and easy change to make that would heighten realism.
  • Also how about free agents not just all wear the number 99? It is very annoying and results in the players rarely, if ever, having the opportunity to wear their real life squad numbers
  • FallXFire
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    #MakeDribblingGreatAgain

For the love of god bring back the most joyful part of FIFA and let us actually be given an advantage for being good dribblers and good at skill moves because right now it is all worthless. You have to play a boring slow passing build up game or EA gets made and screws you by make players more inept on the ball every year. Next year they will probably have a ball and chain behind the players whenever they have possession so its more clear why they move that way.

Since when did the football become a cinderblock? I get it was a brick in FIFA but it gets worse every year, this year it is like dribbling a cinderblock.
  • Cooler08
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2016
    The AI needs to be over hauled for Fifa 18.

In Fifa 17, just some of the AI problems.

1. Every team plays the same way, so there is no distinction in their style of play.

2. In many matches, the AI just doesn't turn up i.e. they have no urgency at all to win the ball back when your in possession of the ball, most of their shots are either off target or weak, they mis-cue crosses. To compensate for this to make the game more competitive, EA has made it so in some matches, the AI occasionally goes into beast mode and is super clinical in the attacking 3rd, scoring from nearly every shot on goal and strong in defense. This just results in an unbalanced game that isn't fun or rewarding to play.

3. CPU teams clearly are not aware when they are losing and don't tactically adjust. For example, if im playing QPR away in the FA Cup and they are losing 0-1, I expect them to show some urgency in attempt to equalize, especially when it gets closer to the final whistle, such as the last 10 minutes.

• silas1980
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2016
    All about gameplay and A.I for me, if they stay the same or just have slight tweaks in FIFA18 then anything else is just insignificant, be it stadiums, leagues, whatever.

I feel they need to get it back to the way was, less automatic, less child friendly. It's got the stage now where the A.I are actually defending, blocking, tackling, shooting, hell, even sometimes passing for you. Need to give the control back to the player.

They also need, imo, to do some half decent programming of the AI to make the defence to be positionally aware of their surroundings and the consequences of their position. As all they do now to remedy that is to just give the defender more pace so he can just makes amends to the ridiculous position he was in. There's other things also mentioned above, like team identity, teams knowing what the score is and what to do in certain scenarios etc. etc. Players also being aware of where the ball is. How many times does a player you're not controlling watch the ball just pass by his feet without reacting? Then onto the basics like players actually running to the the ball, the A.I actually committing a foul, the absolute bascis. They also need to be understand what obstruction is and adjust the Impact Engine to be able to be able to distinguish between a fair tackle and a foul. At the moment it's not exactly intelligent A.I., more just A.

They also need to do something about the thing we can't talk about. :| If they remain flat out insistent that it doesn't exist, then fair enough, but they need to understand and assess why so many people complain about the factors that make them think it does.
  • LuisGarcia
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    The Best improvement is to rename it FUT 18.
  • mickjacobjr
    1234 posts Professional
    LuisGarcia wrote: »
    The Best improvement is to rename it FUT 18.

That's what it should be called as all they care about is that silly child mode
  • When playing Fifa and start as lower league team and get promoted to the premier league or any league for that matter the badge that represents that league on the arm of the strip does not change so you end up with the EFL badge instead of the premier league badge this would be a good thing to bring in as it makes it more realistic

I support a championship team Preston North End who are one of the founder members of the English football league I would like to see FIFA start to put the actual grounds of the championship teams into the new FIFA 18 and each year work down the leagues

This I believe will make FIFA a better game as you are then starting to play at different grounds every game and makes FIFA again more realistic for FIFA users
  • Hello.
    To make the game more realistic I think at the start of a match the home team should have their music for when they come out off the tunnel. For example Crystal Palace has music for when they come out and also Leicester City has the post horn gallop. And also when they score they play the song fire at the king power stadium. If EA could get the licensing then it would be really good.

Also at the start off a game there should be a tunnel cam. I think this would be amazing!

When a team wins the premier league they get the badge that says "champions" and if in FIFA could make this happen with the teams in the game then it would add to the realism or when a team gets promoted to the higher tier then they should get that League's badge.

Also in career mode when you are the manager you should be able to have interviews before the match and after the match. Also the press conferences should be improved by marking it first person so you could see the microphones and the people asking the questions. I think this would also add the the realism a lot.

An another thing would be when you are in manager mode it would be great if in the menus you were in a office or training ground instead off being in a Fifa 17 stadium that is nearly exactly the same as Stamford bridge. But again this would be pretty cool.

All these suggestions would make Fifa 18 an amazing game!!
    Thx. :)
  • If you want to improve FIFA you need to take away the option of every online player setting there defence to sit on the edge of their own box. You cannot play a through ball or a ball over the top it's not like playing a real match it's so frustrating that it's pointless having a player with pace due to even if you get round a player your at the touch line. Please EA read this and do something about it all your doing is making it unrealistic to the stage I'm considering not even playing the game anymore and from people I have spoken to have said the same. Even the ones doing it are saying they are only doing it because it's the only way they have a chance to win. Where is the drama in that!
  • After a match in career mode you get the scores from around the grounds and I have always said that if EA could make it so they is something like match of the day where you can watch all the games. I think this could be useful as it could help you scout a player yourself instead off someone else all the time.
    This is something for the future but if EA could get it in Fifa 18 or even Fifa 19 then it would make my year and then Fifa 18 or 19 would be absolutely amazing!
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16351 posts World Class
    Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers Must remove input lag, must remove button delay, must improve servers.

Not asking for a lot am I?
  • APEX0107
    Is there somewhere to directly talk to EA about fifa?
  • TheCareerModePlayer
    44 posts Park Captain
    edited December 2016
    -Dynamic Interviews in Career Mode (as Hunter do in The Journey).

-Slider for control the transfer market frequency (Clubs frequently buy and sell players without necessity)

-Moral bars with group, fans and staff (Like in FIFA 07)

-Dynamic fans behaviour (Full capacity of stadium in a good form, a lot of empty seats in a bad form)

-Total control of tickets prices, t-shirts sales

- More authentic leagues like English Premier League (Bundesliga and La Liga are exclusive of EA, but nothing has changed)

- Uefa Champions League (Dream)
  • Rafad444
    16 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2016
    I would like to see EDIT MODE like in PES. Where we could edit bodies, heights and even age (mostly of the older players that retires after one season in career mode).

Regens are pretty stupid imo. Also in PES I find it better, when a player retires he comes back after one season as the real player, in FIFA he does back, but everything is different, generic face etc.

Interviews in career mode with a man of the match (something like with Alex Hunter) or coach would be a nice addition to the game. Would add realism.

Buying players in career mode. A guy is worth 15 mil and team/coach wants 70 mil -.-. This is annoying.

Dribbling is useless this year.

Training, more slots than 5. Maybe even add an option to play as whole team or an option to play as player you want to train more.

More starheads. Not only faces in Premier League, but also La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc. Many unknown players have real faces, when players like Carrasco, Kovacic, Nainggolan and many more doesn't.

More patches/updates of kits/gameplay/faces after the release, something like PES does.

More goalkeeper kits.

Last thing. EA should focus more on gameplay and career more and other aspects of the game than FUT.

• henryclay1844
    960 posts Professional
    No more auto-switching when set to "manual switching." It is a disaster this year.
  • FIFA Club World Cup in Career Mode!

Now that we have a lot of leagues from all over the world, it would be cool to take a winner from Champions Cup/Copa Europe, to play in the Club World Cup. Cant be that big of a hassle to get into Career Mode.
  • As Henry said a few posts up. The player switching. It's a mess.
    Also sorting out playing games with players with inferior connectivity, I have PS4 pro with 200gb connection and the lag in 3/5 games is unreal.
    It's like the standard PS4 of other players just can't keep up. And lags the game to ridiculous.
    Just give us the connection bar in seasons. It's available in the FUT ea lovefest