4-4-1-1 FORMATION GUIDE

Comments

• Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    Mejok wrote: »
    I'm having a fair amount of luck with the 4-4-1-1. Brief summary of how I've played when successful:

Custom tactics: reduced pressure, aggression and width, slightly increased build up play.

Patiently play the ball around between fullback, wide mid and CM for a bit until either:

A. The striker or CF works himself into a position to receive a pass.

Or

B. With the play all dragged over to one side of the pitch, switch play to the other fullback, play it up to the wide mid and exploit the space created by having had the play concentrated on the other sode for so long. Maybe a 1-2 with the cm or cf.

This is the exact same thing I am doing currently to win games. Good strategy and implemented CTs by @Littleland95

Apologies for the basic question guys, but can you walk me through the W/end Champions thing? Do I have to win all week in order to participate? How does it work? Sounds v interesting to me.

@Shingalallada You win one Daily Knockout in the FUT Champions and you get qualified for the week-end. Next week you need to qualify again to be able to participate in that week-end league.

Can max play 40 matches and you get packs and coins based on how you do and rank after the week-end. The prizes will be given before the next week-end league starts.
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    gresh1978 wrote: »
    Won the daily knockout thing to qualify for FUT Champions wee-end league and got promoted to Division 5 on FUT Seasons. Really enjoying playing now when team plays like I want to.

Could you talk us through your play style please? I'm looking for something that suits how I want to play but haven't found it yet.

I pass the ball around and use triangle passes to move forward. I can do crosses and head the ball to score or pass my way into the box as well and finish.

One goal through the middle:

xboxclips.com/LITTLELAND95/9db4670b-4619-490b-94b6-c33156279184

xboxclips.com/LITTLELAND95/92687a78-df1f-4cff-9877-8436717dc3eb

xboxclips.com/LITTLELAND95/a5fabf34-e003-4118-a976-797db641df13

Cross:

xboxclips.com/LITTLELAND95/2ec76718-756d-47c2-85bb-09de641f7b3a

Counter goal:

xboxclips.com/LITTLELAND95/decf2a08-c895-4637-8868-cbea03527512

Nothing fancy but lots of options all the time.
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    fran921 wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I am currently using this team

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/show-off?showoffId=dnTW58Oblbt:FFA17XBO

I am looking to bring in Kante in due course, I was wondering if you guys had any idea what CT's I should use also any recommendations on improvements are welcome.

Thanks!

Team looks very solid. Kante should fit nicely in the team. You can try Henderson or Milner or both as well as they really fit this formation if you use the CTs I posted on the top of the Original Post.
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    ILBOMBA wrote: »
    does cr7 work in this formation? i guess yes .)?

CR7 would be a bit wasted as LM but as a RF in CF or ST he should bag loads of goals. :)
  • ILBOMBA
    1044 posts Professional
    edited October 2016
    ILBOMBA wrote: »
    does cr7 work in this formation? i guess yes .)?

CR7 would be a bit wasted as LM but as a RF in CF or ST he should bag loads of goals. :)

would of course play him as striker, with griezmann behind him. will report how it works

f5f87f-1476195625.jpg
  • Shingalallada
    2316 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2016
    I'm having a fair amount of luck with the 4-4-1-1. Brief summary of how I've played when successful:

Custom tactics: reduced pressure, aggression and width, slightly increased build up play.

Patiently play the ball around between fullback, wide mid and CM for a bit until either:

Or

B. With the play all dragged over to one side of the pitch, switch play to the other fullback, play it up to the wide mid and exploit the space created by having had the play concentrated on the other sode for so long. Maybe a 1-2 with the cm or cf.

This is the exact same thing I am doing currently to win games. Good strategy and implemented CTs by @Littleland95

Apologies for the basic question guys, but can you walk me through the W/end Champions thing? Do I have to win all week in order to participate? How does it work? Sounds v interesting to me.

@Shingalallada You win one Daily Knockout in the FUT Champions and you get qualified for the week-end. Next week you need to qualify again to be able to participate in that week-end league.

Can max play 40 matches and you get packs and coins based on how you do and rank after the week-end. The prizes will be given before the next week-end league starts.

So if i win today, I will qualify for the w/end champions. I start the matches, what if I won? Do I have to qualify yet again even though I won my first match at the w/end Champions?

• duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    its simple as that:

You have 4 or 5 tries per tournament(daily knockouts). Its listed on the Main screen how many left you have. When you enter you start tournament. You have to win 4 straight matches to win the tournament.

IF you win, you will be elgible to play weekend league during saturday and sunday. You can check that on Schedule/Rank on the Fut Champions menu. Then you will have 40 matches during that 2 days, more you win, better prizes packs/coins you get.

Thats all

Then, next week you will also have this daily knockouts and you will have to win tournament again to qualify for the weekend.
  • Shingalallada
    Thanks mate for the thorough response!

I really appreciate it!
  • Samoook
    64 posts Park Captain
    Great work! I will try this formation. B)
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016

Or

So if i win today, I will qualify for the w/end champions. I start the matches, what if I won? Do I have to qualify yet again even though I won my first match at the w/end Champions?

You need to play 40 matches in the week-end. The more matches you win, the better packs and coins you get.

Edit: I was too slow. :)
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
  • What do you think on this team http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/1116750/

thanks
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    What do you think on this team http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/1116750/

thanks

I like it. Only player I'm not sure about is IF Calhan at LM because of his workrates. Rest looks great.
  • DXK
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Currently running this team:

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/1120272/

Got like 300/400K to spend, for improvements.
    Think I should get better wingers, what do you guys recommend?
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    Xbox is acquired. Will be on tonight. Been stoked all weekend to finally get to play.
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    DXK wrote: »

Bonucchi for Manolas. Handanovic at GK. Candreva RM. Rest looks great.
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    CrashDavus wrote: »
    Xbox is acquired. Will be on tonight. Been stoked all weekend to finally get to play.

Add my GT (same as username here). And please post teams as well :)
  • DXK
    edited October 2016

And what about a hybrid? Was thinking Aurier and Di Maria?
    And left side? :)
    Don't really like the wingers in Calcio A (I'm not a skiller).
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Going to give this a go tomorrow when I'm off work, I'm currently on course to get relegated from D5 so let's see if I can arrest the slump :wink:
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator

And what about a hybrid? Was thinking Aurier and Di Maria?
    And left side? :)
    Don't really like the wingers in Calcio A (I'm not a skiller).

Aurier and ADM should be very good. Not tried any of them yet though.

Perisic is very good as LM from Calcio A.
  • Shingalallada
    CrashDavus wrote: »

Add my GT (same as username here). And please post teams as well :)

Me too please: Everglore (Inter)

Can't wait to see your teams mate - you were always innovative at fUT16 thread.

• Husala
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    croSpartan wrote: »
    Yayyy, was waiting for this thread since the start, last year it was my favorite formation and the thread was awesome and friendly!
    Here is my team btw
    ND1xsLp.jpg
    Midfield is great all around,Perisic is really nice at CF and of course Dybala is clinical and his ball controll is out of this world.

giphy.gif
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Any gameplay videos planned lads?
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    I've posted a few goals. Can't afford to buy a recording device at the moment unfortunately. Maybe @Khangaskhan17 can record some stuff? He's the master of 4-4-1-1.
  • DXK
    Will this work?

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/1142349/

Wanted to improve the wings, and didn't like Higuain :)
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    Got a message saying the game was rigged after scoring this:

xboxclips.com/LITTLELAND95/9d5d604a-7b71-4ff9-800a-2fa555b557b8
  • Littleland95
    17918 posts Moderator
    Will this work?

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/1142349/

Wanted to improve the wings, and didn't like Higuain :)

Robben did less for me than Embolo, Vieirinha and Schopf did. Could be me but Robben doesn't work for me in this formation. Not much involved at all.

Not tried Costa yet. His workrates might make him a bit lost. Kostic is very good for me as LM.

Rest looks very good.
  • CrashDavus
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    So, of course I had to go through tons of updates on the Xbox. Got them done overnight, so should be able to play some games tonight and start fine tuning my play style.
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got a message saying the game was rigged after scoring this:

xboxclips.com/LITTLELAND95/9d5d604a-7b71-4ff9-800a-2fa555b557b8

and that run to the camera after scoring winner in 90'.. ;)