starter cup glitch

just played a starter cup match from the single player tournament and mate, there is NO F****** WAY that was amateur difficulty... was at least world class (if not ultimate).... i lost 2-1 and i've been playing since Fifa 14, reaching division 1 in online seasons in every game (never won the title, though).

What im trying to say is that im not a bad player at all, so there is absolutely no way the AI was on amateur difficulty as it was supposed to be...

anyone else with this same problem??

{sorry for the grammar, english is not my first language}

Comments

• illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Offline gameplay is much more difficult this year
  • SILVERLIGHT
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You need to set the difficulty by yourself in the pre-match page.
  • APR13
    36 posts Park Captain
    I posted about this exact problem yesterday, and the admins deleted it! I can fight for a draw against four-star World Class teams, and I am getting hammered every time on amateur! Scripting at its finest...
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, there is no variation in single player difficulty level this year. I've played amateur through world class and they're all exactly the same. Combine that with the fact that every CPU player is a clone with amazing strength, pace, reactions, tackling ability (game allows them to tackle from anywhere without ever calling a foul), etc.; and it's not so much that it is difficult (you can still win) as it is immensely boring and unsatisfying. I've probably played somewhere near 35 single player matches and can only recall being awarded 1 free kick in the final third. So it's not that I dislike this year's game, per se, but single player is a mess, which is saying something because it's been terrible for years. Some tweaks and I think it can be really good. I'm not expecting much, though.
  • TheBaldyBuddha
    1464 posts Professional
    Really people need to look at the difficulty in the pre match screen in settings as the offline difficulty is now matched to you're custom one. so at the start if you picked you're level as world class any offline games of FUT will be on world class and above no matter what it says in the cup screen unless you switch it back yourself
  • TheBaldyBuddha
    1464 posts Professional
    JGCramp wrote: »
    Yeah, there is no variation in single player difficulty level this year. I've played amateur through world class and they're all exactly the same. Combine that with the fact that every CPU player is a clone with amazing strength, pace, reactions, tackling ability (game allows them to tackle from anywhere without ever calling a foul), etc.; and it's not so much that it is difficult (you can still win) as it is immensely boring and unsatisfying. I've probably played somewhere near 35 single player matches and can only recall being awarded 1 free kick in the final third. So it's not that I dislike this year's game, per se, but single player is a mess, which is saying something because it's been terrible for years. Some tweaks and I think it can be really good. I'm not expecting much, though.

To say Amateur is no different to world class is a joke you can nearly walk the ball into the net on Amateur
  • CFCHenri
    3731 posts National Call-Up
    Single Player Seasons in FUT is bugged, it uses the Difficulty set in Game Settings and applies that in the next game. Exit out of FUT, go to Game Settings and set the difficulty as low as possible, now go back to FUT and play. FIFA also changes it higher based on your skill level.

You can also change the difficulty setting before the match, just don't rush and press "Play Match" or else you're done. I learnt the hard way when Amateur was actually World Class and won 2-1.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/CFCHenri/screenshot/4921173#
  • CFCHenri
    3731 posts National Call-Up

• Johnyboy86
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    your setting changes every time you play a higher difficulty think its a bug go back to settings an have a gander
  • Philg28
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    When you signed into Fifa 17 for the first time this year you would of set a difficulty level it's one of the first things you do. They also preset it depending on your previous fifas. This will be why your finding it hard if the difficulty is lower than your preset difficulty then it will change it to that. You have to change it on the screen where you can do team management before the game.
  • APR13
    36 posts Park Captain
    Changing the difficulty level pre match works, though why this is necessary on an Amateur tournament I don't know. My auto level is set at world class, but I've had it come up as Pro and Legendary when testing the theory. Must be a glitch in the code...
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional

To say Amateur is no different to world class is a joke you can nearly walk the ball into the net on Amateur

Somebody else mentioned the game resets you back to the higher level you had previously played, so it might be that I thought I was playing amateur but was actually playing world class. That would explain my "no variation" comment because, yes, in every previous year the easy levels were obviously crazy easy.
  • TheNakedGod
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2016
    Until this is patched you have to check difficulty level prior to every match. It's a right pain!