Sunderland A.F.C. || The Road To Redemption || Automatic Promotion!

Comments

• Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    milan_7 wrote: »
    Awesome news!
    JamieC wrote: »
    Clearly your computer didn't like Sunderland in league 2 :p

Haha yeah
  • Chris
    Sunderland Topple Fellow Title Contenders Notts County In Tight Affair

7aXcwSp.png

Sunderland Slip Up Late When Tiredness Prevails And Doncaster Capitalize

aQnqfsr.png

Lynden Gooch Strikes Again As Sunderland's Undefeated Run Continues

pch65jF.png
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Nice undefeated run there.
    According to the results, Sunderland won't last long in League 2 anyway. :D
  • Chris
    edited October 2016
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Nice undefeated run there.
    Thanks man
    According to the results, Sunderland won't last long in League 2 anyway. :D

Yeah hopefully not haha
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good to hear you fixed it. I'm on PC as well and it can be finicky, I always alternate save slots just in case.

Anyways looks like the run continues. Really getting the hang of League 2 now. Transfers will be interesting in the future. Think with the sunderland name you can attract some big players relative to the league you're in, should help as things get tougher.
  • Chris
    Good to hear you fixed it. I'm on PC as well and it can be finicky, I always alternate save slots just in case.

Anyways looks like the run continues. Really getting the hang of League 2 now. Transfers will be interesting in the future. Think with the sunderland name you can attract some big players relative to the league you're in, should help as things get tougher.

Yeah I've definitely started to learn to pace the players to allow them to last the full 90 minutes. Transfers will be huge, as not every player is going to develop as well as the other, so filling the gaps will be important.
  • Wyojasond
    11626 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh man, I was freaking out for you. Glad you got it fixed. Results seem to be improving.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    I know a thing or two about crashed computers...backup often.
    That stoppage time goal for Doncaster must have been irritating, but it looks like Sunderland is still at or near the top of the table.
  • LennonLegend
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    That stoppage time goal for Doncaster must have been irritating, but it looks like Sunderland is still at or near the top of the table.

Made more frustrating by the fact that Liam Mandeville is rated somewhere in the low 50's haha!
    That's why I sold him in my story

But good results coming in now as others have stated.
    Can I ask, with being Sunderland, what are the objectives of the board?
  • Chris
    Oh man, I was freaking out for you. Glad you got it fixed. Results seem to be improving.
    Yeah haha me too a bit, thanks on the results front
    Yeah I do have a backup file for the save too

Yeah it was frustrating versus Doncaster but yeah, we're near the top for sure

Made more frustrating by the fact that Liam Mandeville is rated somewhere in the low 50's haha!

• Fight for Promotion
    • Reach the Round of 32 in the FA Cup
    • Sign 2 Players with Greater Potential than those in the First 11
    • Sign a youth player through the academy, grow him by 5 overall, and play 5 games
    • Increase club value by 15% over two seasons
  • Chris
    oIaTkYh.png
  • Greenman019
    Blackpool are in league 2 now? Wow.

Doesn't seem that long ago, watching Holloway's Blackpool just scoring shed loads of goals in the Premier League. Were a great team to watch.

But back to the CM, the FA Cup goal seems a little ambitious given the squads status. Also Ive got a similar goal as this in my story : "Sign 2 Players with Greater Potential than those in the First 11". Do you know the best way to do it? I need to find one with potential 75+, but my scouts just don't find anyone and the board are telling me how disappointed they are :)
  • vacchiano
    28 posts Last Pick at the Park
    youtube?
  • LennonLegend
    Chris wrote: »

• Fight for Promotion
    • Sign a youth player through the academy, grow him by 5 overall, and play 5 games

Not too bad then. My Doncaster board have the financial objective as critical, and youth development as high priority. And they are quite ambitious haha.

Look as if you should be able to meet those though!

Doesn't seem that long ago, watching Holloway's Blackpool just scoring shed loads of goals in the Premier League. Were a great team to watch.

But back to the CM, the FA Cup goal seems a little ambitious given the squads status. Also Ive got a similar goal as this in my story : "Sign 2 Players with Greater Potential than those in the First 11". Do you know the best way to do it? I need to find one with potential 75+, but my scouts just don't find anyone and the board are telling me how disappointed they are :)

The FA cup goal is basically to win the first round game, and then you're in the round of 32 im pretty sure. So it isnt that difficult. Unless you get drawn a powerhouse!

With regards to the players potential, if you find a player, look at the bio it should say 'showing great potential' or 'potential to be special' where the normal 'joined in 2014' is. This is an indicator that they have high potentials, I think normally over the 80 mark.

BUT, either way, its still difficult to find them.
  • Greenman019
    Thanks @LennonLegend

Thought with the FA Cup league 2 sides might start way down the pecking order a bit.
  • LennonLegend
    Ill have to double check my CM, but im pretty sure I wont the first round, and then I had reached my target haha
  • Chris

Yeah Blackpool have had a real fall from grace

Just look at Sofifa, and look for players with low overall, high potential. Connor Chaplin is a great pick up, you can get him for less than a million, and has 84 potential. Jonathan Leko is another one I bough in a private save I did.
  • Chris

• Fight for Promotion

Not too bad then. My Doncaster board have the financial objective as critical, and youth development as high priority. And they are quite ambitious haha.

The FA cup goal is basically to win the first round game, and then you're in the round of 32 im pretty sure. So it isnt that difficult. Unless you get drawn a powerhouse!

With regards to the players potential, if you find a player, look at the bio it should say 'showing great potential' or 'potential to be special' where the normal 'joined in 2014' is. This is an indicator that they have high potentials, I think normally over the 80 mark.

Yeah, the financial objectives are critical, which will be tough, and youth is high too. The FA Cup is fine, I think I have to win the first two / three games though, I think the 3rd or 4th round is the round of 32.
  • LennonLegend

• Fight for Promotion

Yeah, the financial objectives are critical, which will be tough, and youth is high too. The FA Cup is fine, I think I have to win the first two / three games though, I think the 3rd or 4th round is the round of 32.

Oh really? My doncaster CM, i reached the round of 32 by winning my first game against Cambridge, which I posted last night, and thats it? Strange.
  • Chris

• Fight for Promotion

Oh really? My doncaster CM, i reached the round of 32 by winning my first game against Cambridge, which I posted last night, and thats it? Strange.

You might have started in round 2, I started in round 1, maybe
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2016
    Great monthly update, I also like the graphics too!
    Nice to see the fans haven't forsaken the team despite it being relegated to League 2.
  • Chris
    Great monthly update, I also like the graphics too!
    Nice to see the fans haven't forsaken the team despite it being relegated to League 2.

Thanks man

I like to think that is what would happen IRL should something like this happen
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    In excellent form atm and top of the table, good work. Nice update and good to see some of the young players stepping up.
  • Ashy
    9774 posts League Winner
    Amazing run of form and leading the table in a great position early on in the season, wonder if you can remain there for the remainder of the season
  • Chris
    BistroXII wrote: »
    In excellent form atm and top of the table, good work. Nice update and good to see some of the young players stepping up.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Amazing run of form and leading the table in a great position early on in the season, wonder if you can remain there for the remainder of the season

Thanks guys
  • Chris
    FCOECdq.png

2nd November 2016 - The date of the first game between two fallen Premier League giants - Portsmouth and Sunderland. Both teams, once established top division clubs, now found themselves competing in the lowest rung of English Football League. Portsmouth arguably were the most successful out of the two while back in the Premier League, picking up an FA Cup and competing in Europe, while Sunderland were definitely a more established club during this time. However, this will seem a million miles away for both club, as, due to financial mismanagement from previous owners, both clubs were shattered by relegation's.

This match up was the first time the two clubs had came face to face since either time plummeted down the English pyramid, and as the two teams made their way onto the field, there was a sense of familiarity as thousands watched on from the stands, while hundreds of thousands more watched live on Sky Sports.

The game kicked off and Sunderland started off very strong, creating chances, and pressuring the Pompey back line into making a mistake, and they did in the 9th minute as Dawid Kownacki capitalized on a wayward back pass. Sunderland didn't take their foot off the accelerator as they continued to press for a second goal, but the Portsmouth defense stood firm. However the blues did concede a sloppy corner in the 17th minute, which Kownacki nodded in to make it 2-0, and make the game seem out of reach for Pompey.

Portsmouth did seem to wake up after conceding their second, and in the 32nd minute passed it through Sunderland and Gary Roberts calming slotted the ball past a rushing Jordan Pickford. Out of no where Portsmouth found themselves back in the game and they made good use of the momentum. Martin Smith gave away a silly free kick out wide on the right, and a great delivery from the scorer Gary Roberts was met by the head of Michael Doyle to level the score.

Sunderland were stunned but after some stern instructions from the sideline the Black Cats were able to push on, and in the 42nd minute Duncan Watmore was pulled down in the box and Wearside were awarded a penalty, which was excellently converted by Martin Smith. And to top off the half, Dawid Kownacki stole the ball off a Portsmouth defender and took it round the stranded keeper and slotted in to make it 4-2 before half time.

And that was the game; no more shots on target were recorded in the second half as Sunderland showed a masterclass in defense, and the Blues couldn't breakdown the Black Cats back four. A marvelous win indeed for Sunderland as they continue to top the table!

2FAoLRZ.png
  • Chris
    Sorry if the write up is a bit sloppy, was very tired when writing this
  • Wyojasond
    11626 posts Has That Special Something
    Jesus! 6 goals in the first 45 minutes. Lol. Looks like the defenders got there a**** chewed at halftime. Great win man.
  • Greenman019
    edited October 2016
    Great entertaining win ^^ Defending is overrated anyway. At least in the first half . .

Well played man.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ahh, Watmore earned the penalty, but I understand the importance of the match. Crazy first half and then nada in the second; think we've all had matches like that. Solid start on the long road to redemption. :)