Career mode improvement

onune
16 posts Ball Boy
Hi everybody,

I do not know how many of you actually play the career mode, but i for for myself am a huge admirer of simulation and reality. The last couple years we have witnessed zero to none proper improvements in the career mode. To be honest i think 8 years ago or so the cm was more balanced. I have dozens of examples of other sports games that have better career modes where you are actually able to manage a team instead of just playing and reading some boring mails withhout being able to change anything than your squad and go from game to game. In the new Fifa 17 they tried to bring some manager feeling into the game with insight of budget but to be honest there really is no depth in it. Im about to launch a petition to change this or at least get a chance to talk to the developers. But first of all id like to know if there is any interest in the community or if you are happy with the career mode in the past years. Id be extremly thankful for your feedback and im willing to spend some time to collect the ideas of the community.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Comments

• no interest at all?
  • I'm usually a lurker on these forums but as a massive career mode fan I thought I would respond. As much as I would back any petition or attempt to get more people interested in career or improve its features, there are 2 reasons why I fear it wouldn't work. The first is because there was an attempt with a few of the main Career YouTubers a year or two ago to do this and it just didn't work. The 2nd reason is almost an explanation of the first: why would EA care about something that doesn't spin money for them? There's only a very small percentage of players who only play career and don't dip into FUT, I bet, and FUT is obviously where the money is with FIFA Points.

I do, however, hope that the Journey has been created to potentially focus more effort into offline FIFA, and if people enjoy it and it becomes a hit, then perhaps we will see further resources go into Career.
  • I think there's a market for CM fans, they just don't come on here or other FIFA related areas because it is dominated by FUT fans.

Also, PES' career mode usually outshines it.
  • RVallant wrote: »
    I think there's a market for CM fans, they just don't come on here or other FIFA related areas because it is dominated by FUT fans.

Oh of course, I think there's lots of Career players, but investing resources and effort into it isn't going to be worth it when the money is in UT. Sadly I think it can only continue to get worse unless things like The Journey are a success.
  • onune
    16 posts Ball Boy
    LCFC3614 wrote: »
    I'm usually a lurker on these forums but as a massive career mode fan I thought I would respond. As much as I would back any petition or attempt to get more people interested in career or improve its features, there are 2 reasons why I fear it wouldn't work. The first is because there was an attempt with a few of the main Career YouTubers a year or two ago to do this and it just didn't work. The 2nd reason is almost an explanation of the first: why would EA care about something that doesn't spin money for them? There's only a very small percentage of players who only play career and don't dip into FUT, I bet, and FUT is obviously where the money is with FIFA Points.

I do, however, hope that the Journey has been created to potentially focus more effort into offline FIFA, and if people enjoy it and it becomes a hit, then perhaps we will see further resources go into Career.
    RVallant wrote: »
    I think there's a market for CM fans, they just don't come on here or other FIFA related areas because it is dominated by FUT fans.

Oh of course, I think there's lots of Career players, but investing resources and effort into it isn't going to be worth it when the money is in UT. Sadly I think it can only continue to get worse unless things like The Journey are a success.

Thanks for the comments, so i have created the petition just a lil while ago. Here is the Link:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/de-de/979/911/092/the-fifa-community-wants-a-proper-career-mode/

I'd appriciate your signature and maybe even some help advertising it on the forum on facebook groups or on facebook. Lets make it happen.
  • mcclarse
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park

But there are easy and creative ways to make CM a cash cow too. Pay for perks and features is just one. I am preparing two large posts on CM at the moment. Hopefully they will be read.
  • mcclarse wrote: »

But there are easy and creative ways to make CM a cash cow too. Pay for perks and features is just one. I am preparing two large posts on CM at the moment. Hopefully they will be read.

True, but I'm not convinced it would bring in the same revenue as FUT does, where people will often have to spend £100+ in order to get a reasonable team, and that takes pack luck. EA's audience is fast becoming a younger generation who like the idea of fantasy gaming and gambling, rather than realism and simulation.
  • Quite honestly EA would prefer to cut Career mode entirely and simply put out a pure FUT game because it would require less effort for the mad profits they make. The problem is EA as a company and until Fifa sell their rights to another publisher Fifa will continue to be awful.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Hi, mates!

Every year the same topics appeared here by many users. But there is no changes at all.
  • If they cut out career mode entirely, i wouldn't buy the game.
  • WizardMD
    663 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They should create a totallly different game called FIFA FUT, cause that has ruined CM
  • I have to give them credit... they finally did something about the perpetually broken match rating system. So far, my number hasnt just mysteriously dropped for no reason... every time it goes up or down they tell you, nice shot, poor shot, good pass, poor pass, etc
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    I like the youth team objectives in a FIFA 17 CM I started. The objectives are to grow one youth player by a certain number of points in a season and play them in 5 matches and another is to sign 4 youth players and they have to be a GK, midfielder etc. I'm sure the comments about this will be negative but I like it.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I like the youth team objectives in a FIFA 17 CM I started. The objectives are to grow one youth player by a certain number of points in a season and play them in 5 matches and another is to sign 4 youth players and they have to be a GK, midfielder etc. I'm sure the comments about this will be negative but I like it.

I agree new objective system is a good thing. But many other things are the same as 1-2-3 years ago. Training system, e-mails without options to answer, news, youth system all these are the same.
    By the way we cannot manage finances. How can we affect on t-shirt sales or ticket sales except to do a good performance on a field? It may be more interesting if we can set prices, chose transition options, chose options for stadium improvements and maintenance and others interesting things.
    Probably these are not manager responsibilities but if we receive financial objective we must have tools to achieve it.
  • marcello_rj
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Cm is the only mode i really invest my time, but is very frustrating that ea don't give this mode the care it deserves, so many good things could be done, but they don't listen to the customers. I saw a lot of good sugestions in the foruns, but none of them were implemented. Career mode needs a complete renovation, they should play nba2k and learn how to make a proper cm, lots of great ideas there that could be adapted to Fifa
  • Mattox
    5 posts Ball Boy
    I play CM 95% of the time and I see the same issues year in, year out. The worst thing about it is, is that it's just small things that would improve it immensely but as said previously, there seems to be no want with EA to do this as they put all their efforts into FUT. I wouldn't buy the game if it wasn't for CM, and after this year, I'm seriously considering not buying it again until I know improvements have been made.
  • Ellis_D
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Signed. The career mode is the main reason I buy FIFA. If it isn't massively improved in next year's edition (I will read reviews before I buy it), I won't be buying it, at all.