Daily FUT champions tournaments

kamillu_22
315 posts Sunday League Hero
edited October 2016
How is everyone dealing with it after one week of playing?

At first I was feeling a bit frustrated at not being able to win it at least once but I managed to get on form earlier this afternoon and qualified for the weekend league.

I may also mention that it took me some time to get used to the game (and still am).

Managed to win it with an all French team and found a new silver gem as well in the process who I packed in an untradeable pack, being Defrel - he compliments Ben Yedder so much!!

Also am in division 6 at the moment! Had some terrible form in the process as well.

How are you all guys doing in them?

Comments

• kamillu_22
    anyone?
  • TheNakedGod
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited October 2016
    I am far too rubbish to win first round let alone qualify. I wish they would include entry cards in packs, an offline version or unlimited tries. It's frustrating feeling I'll never get to enjoy this part of the game.

And before the godlike players hail "get gud bro" (good for us unenlightened who like to spell" I would emphasise that for this 50 year old slow reacting oldie I'm about as "gud" as it's likely to get.
  • SaiyanGoku
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i cannot qualify as the game keeps disconneting randomly mid match, it's a joke.

Never had a disconnect in Fifa 16.

This way is impossible to get in the weekend league.
  • opasni_
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    I ppay divisions, got qualified on that first daily tournament. Cba to play 4 games for one gold pack and ifyou dont win 4 in a row you get nothing apart from match coins.
  • DonkeyKong
    339 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am far too rubbish to win first round let alone qualify. I wish they would include entry cards in packs, an offline version or unlimited tries. It's frustrating feeling I'll never get to enjoy this part of the game.

And before the godlike players hail "get gud bro" (good for us unenlightened who like to spell" I would emphasise that for this 50 year old slow reacting oldie I'm about as "gud" as it's likely to get.

If you aren't very good at fifa why would you want to play the competitive tournament which is more or less specifically for good fifa players?
  • TheNakedGod
    DonkeyKong wrote: »

If you aren't very good at fifa why would you want to play the competitive tournament which is more or less specifically for good fifa players?

Because I like the concept!

That's a little bit of an arrogant view. Game modes should not be exclusive for good players. I'd like the opportunity to qualify even if it means just getting low bronze rewards.
  • xXCAMARAXx
    1825 posts Fans' Favourite

That's a little bit of an arrogant view. Game modes should not be exclusive for good players. I'd like the opportunity to qualify even if it means just getting low bronze rewards.

if you don't qualify, will you have another chance to qualify again? Or is this it for the year?
  • TheNakedGod
    edited October 2016
    xXCAMARAXx wrote: »

if you don't qualify, will you have another chance to qualify again? Or is this it for the year?

Yes lots of chances to qualify. I think I'll stick with single player awhile and try to improve. It's ashame as was excited for this mode but I'm being beaten 8-0 nearly every game. I thought matchmaking was based on an ELO system but I must be worst player in the world if so..... yikes :p
  • Adele
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Lost yesterday in the finals and got disconnected a few hours ago from the servers in the finals... But i dont give up!
  • xXCAMARAXx
    1825 posts Fans' Favourite

Yes lots of chances to qualify. I think I'll stick with single player awhile and try to improve. It's ashame as was excited for this mode but I'm being beaten 8-0 nearly every game. I thought matchmaking was based on an ELO system but I must be worst player in the world if so..... yikes :p

if your getting beat 8-0, you must not have not that much patients and pushing your players up and getting hit with counter attack. More relax and patient you are the better you'll play. When you defend control your midfielders to add the extra support.
  • JayyThunder
    5060 posts Big Money Move
    I won it the first day I had the game. Went to seasons, I'm in div 5 now and it's just a sweat fest, plus I feel like the game is completely different when playing seasons. So I just do the tournaments until the weekend league starts
  • TheNakedGod

if your getting beat 8-0, you must not have not that much patients and pushing your players up and getting hit with counter attack. More relax and patient you are the better you'll play. When you defend control your midfielders to add the extra support.

Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated:)
  • SaiyanGoku
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I won it the first day I had the game. Went to seasons, I'm in div 5 now and it's just a sweat fest, plus I feel like the game is completely different when playing seasons. So I just do the tournaments until the weekend league starts

What tournaments ? draft ?

As there is no other online modes in fut ,apart seasons and drafts i suppose, which is a shame.
  • TheNakedGod
    SaiyanGoku wrote: »

What tournaments ? draft ?

As there is no other online modes in fut ,apart seasons and drafts i suppose, which is a shame.

FUT Champions Daily Tournaments
  • QceCapo
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Keep plugging away @TheNakedGod it's a whole new game this year!!
  • TheNakedGod
    QceCapo wrote: »

Yeah cheers for that :) im loving the game. I am a better trader than player at the moment lol
  • ColeWorld
    11921 posts Has That Special Something
    1 start 1 win. Done with it since then
  • kamillu_22
    opasni_ wrote: »
    I ppay divisions, got qualified on that first daily tournament. Cba to play 4 games for one gold pack and ifyou dont win 4 in a row you get nothing apart from match coins.

The rewards are far better than seasons if you do reasonably well in the weekend league - forget about the tournament rewards, they are crap but the benefits you get for entering the weekend league is huge.. I'm actually excited.
  • I got to the final and lost to a sweaty goal. Just focusing on divisions at the moment.
  • Jimmyfifa11
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    Qualified on second attempt. I think I'm just ahead of the curve on adjusting to the game but will soon be caught up to quickly.
    I mostly play the daily tournaments and singles and a couple offline drafts with the wife
    Went 3-1 in div 10
  • QceCapo
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    QceCapo wrote: »

Yeah cheers for that :) im loving the game. I am a better trader than player at the moment lol

Would love some tips lol...I'm the worst trader in the history of this game
  • TheNakedGod
    I just monitor shiny golds. I buy at 650 to 1000 and sell at peak from 1100 to 1500. You need to monitor which ones fluctuate. Some people will opt for buy it now at reasonable price rather than hang about bidding. I'm making 15000 at mo with 2 to 3 hours time investment which is more than I make playing.