How do you beat contain/auto defend?

AnDrEwThEdOn
17262 posts World Class
edited October 2016
All i'm facing now and can't score. What's the best thing to do to score against people who defend like this?

Had the same problem last year :D

Comments

• Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    Every year EA makes it easier for bad players to compete...welcome to new age gaming
  • RadioShaq
    15259 posts Moderator
    Pass around them probably the easiest. I don't really get it when someone asks how to defend everyone says don't contain and auto defend use jockey. Then everyone says they can beat jockey but can't beat contain so who knows.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    wait for the openings, all about patience.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    1,2s.
  • ChrisLFC
    7153 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2016
    Beat Contain: 1-2s, passing it back

Beat AI defending/park the bus: get the ball forward quickly so the defence can't get set. If the defence is already set try crosses or look for open players that are in space. The AI doesn't automatically close down so your opponent will have to close down crosses and long shots himself.
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ok set tactic to counter - let them have the ball and commit men forward when you see the opportunity steal it back and hit them hard with quick 1-2 works every time as they pull there defence apart when they don't have 11 men behind the ball - never failed me yet
  • Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something
    1-2 pass mate
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    Passing and patience.

This year, if you pass around enough, you will create gaps. Some players will exploit them gaps and then you will score goals and win games easier.
  • Boscielny
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Every year EA makes it easier for bad players to compete...welcome to new age gaming

Catering to the majority.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26074 posts Player of the Year
    joe666 wrote: »
    wait for the openings, all about patience.

• you can't wait, you just lose the ball to second man pressing from behind, the player they actually controll. They just let the AI controll the cbs until you have no space anymore and you lose possession. That's what happens in high end divisions. Boring AI defence ultrapressing counter attack 1-0 or 1-1 or 0-0. You can score from longshots (20%), corners (40%) or lucky bounces (40%).
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1914 posts Play-Off Hero
    best way to beat contain is zigzag dribbling
  • Gaarl
    3650 posts National Call-Up
    Stop being sh*t.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    best way to beat contain is zigzag dribbling

Fifa 17 not 16.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    3 months on. Same question.
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    If they're just letting the CPU defend for them it's longshot city
  • CausingIt
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yea if they're just letting AI defend then longshots/crosses. If you play someone who's actually decent an is doing the same thing I find it difficult to break them down too.
  • SF9
    8387 posts League Winner
    When the opponent is containing the AI don't normally put a tackle in unless you're running right at them. Try running beside them/down the line & then cut back the ball inside. Sweaty goals all over
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    SF9 wrote: »
    When the opponent is containing the AI don't normally put a tackle in unless you're running right at them. Try running beside them/down the line & then cut back the ball inside. Sweaty goals all over

I just can't get any space, there's one containing/jockeying or whatever then one running at me, they cut out every pass and i can't do any skill moves or dribbling past them cause they just automatically stick out a leg or something and get it off me

• Scutch
    11837 posts Has That Special Something

Yup, I've found the AI only makes a tackle/challenge when you're running. If you simply jog/walk with the ball, they'll just try to contain allowing you find a team mate with a pass.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    Scutch wrote: »

Yup, I've found the AI only makes a tackle/challenge when you're running. If you simply jog/walk with the ball, they'll just try to contain allowing you find a team mate with a pass.

Sometimes walking works but doesn't work against the better players
  • Scutch
    11837 posts Has That Special Something

It's even more infuriating when one of their midfielders (usually Kante or Sanches) is chasing you as that's who they're controlling at the time. So you've got that pressure along with the brick wall defenders.
  • GoldenBallz
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Get the the box then shield then scoop turn then driven accross body shot. Rinse and repeat. PTB left for dead.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class

It's even more infuriating when one of their midfielders (usually Kante or Sanches) is chasing you as that's who they're controlling at the time. So you've got that pressure along with the brick wall defenders.

Yup. You get away from Kante or Sanches and their CPU defender uses extendo legs and knicks it off you