Sunderland A.F.C. || The Road To Redemption || Automatic Promotion!

Comments

• Ashy
    9725 posts League Winner
    Yeah that team is very young, nobody with a lot of experience and that might hurt the teams chances, on the bright side the whole squad is expected to grow quite fast I hope..
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Not the best of preseasons there, but the team is young and maybe needs to adapt a little. Keep it up! :)
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wouldn't worry too much about the preseason results. The upside is that you've identified the weak areas before the real season starts. The team looks competitive, but then what do I know? ;)
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    JamieC wrote: »
    Some mixed results there, but you didn't get thrashed, so the quality is there, the team just needs more time to gel together.
    Yeah, these are all players who have only had 1 or 2 games in a first team environment before, and they were never with their current team mates, so its taking time
    Will see how you go in the knockout round I guess, but the negative trend is a concern
    Ah, the Elche game was the semi final, I should have made that clear
    Will you be making any signings Chris? Maybe a bit of experienced steel to help close out matches? or someone who can play two games in a week. :p
    The club is currently under a transfer embargo :/
    Inexperience and stamina showing it could be a problem. Hopefully the team grows up fast
    Yeah, they need to haha
  • Chris
    Ashy wrote: »
    Yeah that team is very young, nobody with a lot of experience and that might hurt the teams chances, on the bright side the whole squad is expected to grow quite fast I hope..
    The squad needs to grow fast, we need to bolster the squad without actually bolstering it haha
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Not the best of preseasons there, but the team is young and maybe needs to adapt a little. Keep it up! :)
    Yeah they need to adapt a lot, but hopefully they can do it quickly
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry too much about the preseason results. The upside is that you've identified the weak areas before the real season starts. The team looks competitive, but then what do I know? ;)
    The team feels competitive, but stamina wise they struggle towards the end of game, hard to push on

• LennonLegend
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Nice squad. All of the youth prospects haha!

What level are you playing? That will decipher the true 'challenge' of this story.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    I always look at the pre-season as more of a chance to check out the squad and test a few fringe players. The season is where it really counts and I think you will do well with the squad you have.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1307 posts Professional
    Inconsistent pre season. Hopefully you can turn it around
  • Chris
    Nice squad. All of the youth prospects haha!

What level are you playing? That will decipher the true 'challenge' of this story.
    Legendary, the only difficulty thats a challenge
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I always look at the pre-season as more of a chance to check out the squad and test a few fringe players. The season is where it really counts and I think you will do well with the squad you have.
    Yeah, we used every player in our squad over the four games, and I was pleased with what I saw
    Inconsistent pre season. Hopefully you can turn it around
    Yeah hopefully
  • Chris
    edited September 2016
    Late Slip Up Costs Sunderland All Three Points In Season Opener

2OEOBo8.png

Sunderland Topple Queens Park Rangers In EFL Cup Round One

jCwzBfq.png
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    It's good to know that even in your story, Wycombe is coming back for 1 nil down :D
  • Chris
    It's good to know that even in your story, Wycombe is coming back for 1 nil down :D

Was heart breaking, came after a Pickford double save too :astonished:
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Earlier you're out of the cup the better to be honest. Especially with the stamina troubles young players have.
  • Chris
    Earlier you're out of the cup the better to be honest. Especially with the stamina troubles young players have.

It might help with the board though, doing well in the cup, would be good for ticket sales, a match against a big club
  • Ahmer50x
    18124 posts World Class
    My boy Goochy getting you through in the cup <3
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Not bad, not bad. Defeating QPR is some achievement!
  • Greenman019
    Chris wrote: »

It might help with the board though, doing well in the cup, would be good for ticket sales, a match against a big club

Guess so. Anything to help with the league though IMO ^^
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    I think with the team right now, hopefully you don't get Newcastle in the cup.

It will either result in a thrashing or maybe an upset :D
  • Chris
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    My boy Goochy getting you through in the cup <3
    Gooooooooooch has been my best player by far
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Not bad, not bad. Defeating QPR is some achievement!
    Yeah was pretty happy, game seemed easy though, wish I could play like that every game
    Chris wrote: »

Guess so. Anything to help with the league though IMO ^^
    Yeah, I need all the help I can get
    I think with the team right now, hopefully you don't get Newcastle in the cup.

It will either result in a thrashing or maybe an upset :D
    I'd love Newcastle in the cup haha
  • Chris
    Sunderland Held To A 0-0 Stalemate In Game With Little Chances

Zve81aK.png

Sloppy Defending From The Black Cats Gifts Plymouth Three Points

R14DHuf.png

Sunderland Cruise Through To Third Round Of EFL Cup After Convincing Win

0KlFO2T.png

Black Cats Fail To Hold On And Lose Away To Newly Promoted Grimsby

EgjJuHO.png
  • Greenman019
    edited September 2016
    Damn. Not looking good at all right now. Where are you in the table? o_O

Matchday number missing v Grimsby btw
    Post edited by Greenman019 on
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Some mixed results there. :/
  • Ahmer50x
    18124 posts World Class
    Sunderland looking well on their way to becoming a nonleague side under your stewardship.

#WhiteheadOUT #BigSamIN
  • Nooooooooo Pompey!
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Inconsistent start which is understandable. Need a few months to find your rhythm I expect.
  • Chris
    Damn. Not looking good at all right now. Where are you in the table? o_O

Matchday number missing v Grimsby btw
    Very low, I'll post the monthly round up in a moment
    Some mixed results there. :/
    Yeah "/
  • Chris
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Sunderland looking well on their way to becoming a nonleague side under your stewardship.

#WhiteheadOUT #BigSamIN
    Hahaha, I don't think Big Sam has quite frauded the FA just yet in my save
    Nooooooooo Pompey!
    ;)
    Inconsistent start which is understandable. Need a few months to find your rhythm I expect.
    Yeah, we need to find it quickly otherwise promotion will be a pipe dream
  • Chris
    EiORTRL.png
  • Greenman019
    That's rough. Already 8 points behind?

Plenty of points left to play for I guess is the only positive.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2016
    Tough start in the league but it's early days, not time to panic just yet. Good result in the cup and nice monthly round up. Interested to see the free agents as well - free agents are one of my favourite parts of CM.