Why do all the formations have so many negatives this year?

I've found the 442 to be the most solid, mainly because Kante covers the entire midfield. It allows a lot of room for strikers but doesn't always matter because I often have 3 people trying to chase my 1 player and that make it tough to score at times. Still though, it's the most success I've had with a formation so far. The problem with these formations is though is that wingers are just not dominant this year! I tried a 4321 and my defense got smoked, with nearly the same players. Same happened with 41212 which surprised me. But maybe I didn't give it enough time. I like the game but I wish the engine made some formations more effective. I haven't used instructions or tactics too much either just because I don't really know how they change your players movement yet. Anyone else think this way?

Comments

  • opasni_
    3686 posts National Call-Up
    And you managed to get this opinion in 1 day of play? Or even at best few days of play. Give it a rest and play for month or two and then you can say something like this.
  • Because its a new game and you're still learning it
  • I've been playing for a week. In in US and had 20 hours off EA access. Plus played beta
  • Because its a new game and you're still learning it
    yeah that's what I keep telling myself. It just feels so much different with wing play than previous years. I'd love to save up for someone like Neymar or get someone like hazard or Reus but I wouldn't feel I was getting my coins worth. Unless playing a false 9 or something and trying to make then primary target by being sweaty.
  • jjara
    76 posts Park Captain
    I've noticed that so far in UT if I do not play with wide players it is really hard to get out of my own half. The second predicament is only having 2 central midfeilders pretty much lets the opposition run through the middle of the park at full sprint. Due to this I have to use some variation of a 4-3-3. Otherwise its counter-attack football for me.
  • Mini_Miudo
    10012 posts Has That Special Something
    I find 4321 to be great. Only used 2 formations so far, that and 433-4. The latter sucked as there's not enough cover defensively. If you put a strong defensive player in the middle of a 4321 it should be very solid (Hutchinson for me, brilliant player).
  • opasni_
    3686 posts National Call-Up
    Btw 4312 as always fits my style and works so far.
  • jjara wrote: »
    I've noticed that so far in UT if I do not play with wide players it is really hard to get out of my own half. The second predicament is only having 2 central midfeilders pretty much lets the opposition run through the middle of the park at full sprint. Due to this I have to use some variation of a 4-3-3. Otherwise its counter-attack football for me.
    I completely agree about the wide players. I often find my wide players basically running back into my midfield and then they aren't going forward. Which is ok because I don't concede very much, problem is we still need to score. Kante really saves me because he runs everywhere but I can't find anyone that pairs well with him.
  • Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    I find 4321 to be great. Only used 2 formations so far, that and 433-4. The latter sucked as there's not enough cover defensively. If you put a strong defensive player in the middle of a 4321 it should be very solid (Hutchinson for me, brilliant player).

    Good tip thank you! Do you use instructions or tactics? and what work rates do you like for the midfielders, because that's always what I struggle with. Picking the best mids that work well together
  • opasni_ wrote: »
    Btw 4312 as always fits my style and works so far.

    Are you using tactics or instructions? and what kind of mids?
Sign In or Register to comment.