Sunderland A.F.C. || The Road To Redemption || Automatic Promotion!

Comments

• Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    I'm curious to know if Sam Allardyce will somehow creep his way back into the story.
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    I'm curious to know if Sam Allardyce will somehow creep his way back into the story.

As a kebab shop owner perhaps.
  • Ashy
    9731 posts League Winner
    Brilliant :D

Also I wonder what formation you plan on playing, good to hear the managers thoughts and now I can't wait to see some results!
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Great interview. Also nice to see you are willing to bring your style of football to the club: hopefully starting from scratch will help you with this, as you'd be able to sign the players you really want instead of having to make do with what the club offers you.
    Thanks man
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Curious...what is your preferred style/formation?
    Ashy wrote: »
    Brilliant :D

Also I wonder what formation you plan on playing, good to hear the managers thoughts and now I can't wait to see some results!
    I'll show some line ups throughout the season, last year I played 4-5-1 religiously and played counter attacking football, seemed to counter the AI well

Hahahaha hadn't thought about it, who knows hey?
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Great interview.

Wouldn't know where to start really from league 2 so good luck once again, think you'll need it. Hopefully you can grow the young players into top quality first team players.
  • Wyojasond
    11563 posts Has That Special Something
    Great interview! B)
  • Chris
    Great interview.

Wouldn't know where to start really from league 2 so good luck once again, think you'll need it. Hopefully you can grow the young players into top quality first team players.
    Great interview! B)

Thanks fellas
  • Chris
    Got my code for FIFA 17, will be sorting the squad tomorrow
  • Ahmer50x
    18154 posts World Class
    Chris wrote: »
    Got my code for FIFA 17, will be sorting the squad tomorrow

Good luck with that. Massive task ahead :lol:
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Excellent interview, well done :)
  • Chris
    Preview ahead of the squad post

TDkxQ7T.png
  • Chris
    edited September 2016
    rz5bEJq.png

Now the dust as settled around Sunderland's relegation to League Two, it's time to meet the group of players which will be leading the Black Cat's push back to the Premier League. Starting at the back, England u21 starlet Jordan Pickford committed his future to Sunderland for another four years, despite the new position the club have found themselves in. The Wearside shot stopped has also been named as club captain by Whitehead.

Strike partners Joel Asoro and Josh Maja, who lit up the u18 league last season, both put pen to paper and have committed their services to the club for the years to come. The young pair marked 35 goals between them last season, and hopefully that goalscoring record can carry onto the League 2 standards.

On the wings Duncan Watmore, and Rees Greenwood will be looking to provide width to the squad, and provide opportunities for the strikers to score. Duncan Watmore found himself on the fringes of the first team last year, and it was expected he would leave, however the young winger pledged his future to the Black Cats.

In the centre of the park, Martin Smith has been named vice captain ahead of the coming season. He was heavily linked with a move ti Kilmarnock over the summer, but the central midfielder opted to stay his childhood club instead. Wearside born defender, Tom Beadling, was named third captain of the club.

Check out the full squad list below:

7cKQkdK.png
  • Ahmer50x
    18154 posts World Class
    Lyden Gooch stayed :sunglasses:
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    Not a bad squad honestly. Pickford and McNair standing out, I guess they're the two key players you're rebuilding around. :)
    Also curious to see Asoro and Maja perform, we could be in for some surprise. ;)
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    That's a pretty solid League 2 squad especially if you can hang onto some of the more higher rated players. But in League 2 some of those players people may disregard as lowly rated can be very handy indeed and as a unit can be a force. I do love a CM that starts in League 2 :)
  • Greenman019
    Not too bad looking at the overall ratings, personally only heard of Pickford and McNair.

Should find League 2 pretty comfortable.
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    A lot of youth in there, should have a super squad within a few years time
  • Wyojasond
    Team got picked apart even more than I thought they would. Might be hard to keep Pickford and McNair if the team struggles at first, but still a solid group. Can't wait to follow this!
  • Chris
    Thanks for all the comments guys

Got a bit of worrying news, part of the new expectations in FIFA 17 involve me increasing the clubs value 15%, it currently stands at $600m, I don't think I'll be able to do this in two seasons in the lower divisions

I'll be trying of course, and it might be fine, if not, I will just have to postpone the CM when I get 2 years ahead until a mod comes out
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Squad looks very tidy. The young striker force will be interesting to look out for.

Wouldn't worry about missing one objective. I'd be surprised if you 'have' to meet them all to keep your job.
  • Chris
    So I simmed ahead two years, it looks like as long as I do the other objectives I should be alright
  • Ahmer50x
    18154 posts World Class
    I haven't finished a season yet, but to what I've heard, you only get threatened that you'll lose your job if you miss one or two non-sporting objectives.

If you miss a lot of them or one/two + underperformance on the pitch, then you'll get the sack.
  • Chris
    I haven't finished a season yet, but to what I've heard, you only get threatened that you'll lose your job if you miss one or two non-sporting objectives.

If you miss a lot of them or one/two + underperformance on the pitch, then you'll get the sack.

Yeah I'm not as worried as I was, thanks
  • Chris
    L0AJm4p.png
  • Ahmer50x
    18154 posts World Class
    There's a real negative spiral in those preseason results that needs fixing before the season starts.
  • Chris
    There's a real negative spiral in those preseason results that needs fixing before the season starts.

Definitely, the stamina of the squad is a huge concern, we're very prone to conceding late goals right now
  • JamieC
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Some mixed results there, but you didn't get thrashed, so the quality is there, the team just needs more time to gel together.
  • Greenman019
    Will see how you go in the knockout round I guess, but the negative trend is a concern
  • Will you be making any signings Chris? Maybe a bit of experienced steel to help close out matches? or someone who can play two games in a week. :p
  • Wyojasond
    Inexperience and stamina showing it could be a problem. Hopefully the team grows up fast