Why do people spend money on FUT?

Comments

• bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    taft52 wrote: »
    Why do people buy books instead of going to a library? It's their money and they can do what they want with it.

To each his own, but your example makes no single sense. People buy books to read and improve their lives . Playing a video game does not . Use your head ... i guess you need to read more
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    This year, I won't spend a dime on points until they are done with all their patches, and most importantly that silly quit glitch. I will play and lose, win , lose, draw etc.. I will try FUT this year just playing it through earning poiints. When you have money invested you get vexed when things go bonkers. Spent some money last year, and the year before, this year i won't . However the game so far is interesting using a 76 rated team, just made it to the finals of the daily cup.Will build my team when i earn coins. Hoping for 2 to 3 squads. Also it seems this year you can save Custon Tactics
  • TMaher7
    1103 posts Professional
    Why do people smoke?

It's all each to their own.
  • Gromit
    4707 posts National Call-Up
    Poults1987 wrote: »
    Was wondering why people want to spend money on FUT? I know people earn money and can spend it how they please but I am never going to spend a thing on it for 2 reasons. 1) EA doesn't get anymore revenue. When they see this slipping they might re think what the gamers actually want. 2) Satisfaction of opening a world class player from grinding out games makes it so much more exciting. Would love to hear to why you spend money or don't spend money?

I mostly buy fifa points at the start to load up on contracts and such. I'm an older gamer so

1) I have a full time job which gives disposable income and less free time.
    2) I don't have the patience to trade, I did it quite a bit in FUT12 and I can't be bothered anymore.
    3) Buying now at launch you'll get a good return on the cards you pull which can set you up for most of the year.
    4) I don't really play/ waste money on any other game.
    5) I don't drink (much) and I don't smoke, so Fifa if you like is my vice.

My interest in FUT is dwindling, this could be my last depending on how good/bad FUT17 is.
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    Galaynn wrote: »
    Because I've got a pretty good job, reasonable disposable income and the odd tenner on a few packs entertains me.

The people that claim they blow hundreds or thousands on the game every season need to give power of attorney to a loved one and have themselves committed but a couple of FIFA points here and there? Why not?

Personally, I think if you're grinding out coins and wasting them on opening packs then that's soft in the head. Invest in properly in the market for heaven's sakes.

But that's just me.

Very narrow-minded comment if I may.

You are basically saying that what you do (the odd tenner) is fine, anyone spending more is a m.oron ...

It is all relative. If someone makes 250k+ per year, for example, spending 1k on this game is peanuts.

Fair point but, cynic that I am, I'm extremely doubtful that a lot of the people in this community claiming to have spent three and four figure sums on Ultimate Team are doing so with a six figure salary to sustain them.
  • Galaynn
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Johnyboy86 wrote: »
    So you spend £30 £40 £50 even £100 on points to get top players Yet you still lose against 80 rated teams.......MONEY WELL SPENT i didnt buy 1 fifa point in 16 just grinded still had top players still won alot of games

If your only goal is winning, why are you playing FUT? Play seasons.

I like FUT because I like building teams, I like using good players and mixing them, I like trying some legends and some IFs.
  • Galaynn
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Because I've got a pretty good job, reasonable disposable income and the odd tenner on a few packs entertains me.

The people that claim they blow hundreds or thousands on the game every season need to give power of attorney to a loved one and have themselves committed but a couple of FIFA points here and there? Why not?

Personally, I think if you're grinding out coins and wasting them on opening packs then that's soft in the head. Invest in properly in the market for heaven's sakes.

But that's just me.

You are basically saying that what you do (the odd tenner) is fine, anyone spending more is a m.oron ...

It is all relative. If someone makes 250k+ per year, for example, spending 1k on this game is peanuts.

Fair point but, cynic that I am, I'm extremely doubtful that a lot of the people in this community claiming to have spent three and four figure sums on Ultimate Team are doing so with a six figure salary to sustain them.

mmmmh, fair point mate, fair point!
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    Jonx88 wrote: »

I find this comment quite amusing because essentially that is the way the game is intended to be played, also at the start of the game a lot of pack consumables (stadiums etc) are worth a lot and you can expect to make 5k back on average from your 7.5k pack whilst also having a % chance of picking up a player worth 20x the value.

Also if nobody opened packs and used your method of the odd tenner plus trading then there would be 0 players on the market because no packs are being opened lol

I think EA have considered this, hence bringing in more features that reward players with packs to open.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    As if anything between $100 and $900 over the course of a year a lot of money and difficult to sustain
  • They Caged Non
    6257 posts Big Money Move

But that's just me.

the most sensible statement on this subject ive read.

• DiddyBCFC
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2016
    I've always said I'll never buy FIFA points, until 17 I never did and I randomly dropped 12k points on the trial, opened all the packs and now have a 300k BPL team with another 200-250k ready to sell upon release, yes it's expensive but I saw it as £72 is 6 hours work .. that's enough money to last me until FIFA 18. I'm happy with turning up to work for 6 hours and having a full squad ready on release :)
  • They Caged Non
    All the people showing off about supposed wealth :D:D:D

Its the internet, nobody cares.
  • They Caged Non

But that's just me.

Nobody earns 250k a year on here, lots of people will bulls--t the fact that they do, 90% are still doing homework.. the frightening fact is that £1000 is either most of their money or someone elses (namely their unsuspecting parents) in a lot of cases.

• jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite

But that's just me.

Nobody earns 250k a year on here, lots of people will bulls--t the fact that they do, 90% are still doing homework.. the frightening fact is that £1000 is either most of their money or someone elses (namely their unsuspecting parents) in a lot of cases.

This is the problem and your right.

Sure there will be people who make a comfortable living and can afford £1000s of pounds per year on fifa but most can't.

I do worry that some of these people are either stealing money off their parents or are being dishonest about it to their family and leaving them short of money to pay bills.

If you can't really afford what your spending then you have a problem and need help.

In all honesty I don't think UT should sell FP because in my opinion it's gambling and is a gateway to problems later in life.

• Bawz
    15 posts Last Pick at the Park
    People saying why do people buy packs with money.. It's more satisfying if you grind and work hard for the free packs to get players.... people who buy packs spoil the game - Well first I buy packs with money, money that i have grinded at work in the real world, if i didn't work I'd have all the hours in the world to be earning rewards in game for free. And I have a kid limiting my time to play. SO.. the short of that is.. 14 y/o kids who live at home and 30 year old unemployed living off my $$$ , soon you will of age where you can work and experience the things life has to offer and you will soon realize playing fifa for 10 hours a day is not an option. And if you live off of my $$$ the shame! shame!! unless you are medically unfit that is fine but the rest of you shamee!!!
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3638 posts National Call-Up
    I blew 700 quid so far... less than a weeks wage in the grand scheme.

700 quid for a years entertainment is nothing in the long term
  • Monkens
    82 posts Park Captain
    In general ea have found a pathway to legal child gambling. They buy the majority of packs
  • congregante
    819 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2016
    because packs are full of s***

the other day i spent 60k on 4 jumbo premium gold packs and got 3 rare gold players... THREE f***** rare for 60k... needless to say they were all ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Il THE WOLF lI
    4683 posts National Call-Up
    TMaher7 wrote: »
    Why do people smoke?

• CaptainDan-
    1854 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2016
    TMaher7 wrote: »
    Why do people smoke?

Because they have a mental heath disease i.e. drug addiction
  • TheMightyBee
    3109 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2016
    Laziness mostly

Why do people even care what others do
  • Libguy
    5322 posts Big Money Move
    Because I'm 37 years old and I make plenty of money and I've saved plenty of money and little 12-year old Libguy used to sit there and think "I wonder what it would be like to spend thousands of dollars on video games like it was nothing?" We made it, little Libguy! We made it!!!!
  • PS-4-ADC
    904 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2016
    I have spent £160 on FP when the game came out and luckily enough got some great pulls, which left me with 900k, i have also made about 300k trading, which has paid for my SBC Jonas and Gio.

I only spent that much as i won about £1,000 at the time...

Wouldn't spend that normally, last year i spent £0

It's a bit like gambling really, buy points responsibly...
  • SPAMPEBS
    3965 posts National Call-Up
    Because I like having good rarer players, not the generic cheap sweaty players that everyone uses.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I can't be bothered to trade anymore so i'll just buy packs, not do i have the time to play more than 40 games a week.

As long as you're responsible, it's fine to buy them.
  • Dont have time for trading so buy packs and packed neymar on my first £30
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    some people are just so rich they dont give a ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    why not?

why do you even buy fifa?
  • DIXON THFC
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    I do simply because I work full time, have 2 kids and rarely get to play the game so its not like I can even grind. I get around 2 games a night once everyone has gone to bed and it's nice to have a decent team to do it with. I also stick with the same team all year pretty much and save all the coins to upgrade the players I have to the IF's when they get them.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    SPAMPEBS wrote: »
    Because I like having good rarer players, not the generic cheap sweaty players that everyone uses.

For me it's because four of the specific players I want are ridiculously expensive (all low-end Legends).

I could do without, or I could grind, but my time has value and I have money, so....