Loan Players Are Pathetic

SoundersAllDay
1492 posts Play-Off Hero
Why do these even exist? UT was better without them.

Comments

• jackm57
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    It let's you try a top player before shelling out coins on them.

I don't see what's so bad? You get to try a player for a couple of games:

If you like him buy his card
    If you don't like him you save yourself some coins
  • WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    14322 posts Has That Special Something
    Nothing bad about them
  • Antparry92
    20891 posts Club Captain
    Nothing bad about them

Exactly, I don't get the hate. Give it 2 weeks and they won't be used by most
  • ZLFC
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just lost to a team with loan players, have we?
  • SaifR
    12862 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm assuming he just got beat by someone with like Messi, Neymar and Suarez up front all loaned in :joy:

NGL that would annoy me too.
  • DadBod
    6381 posts Big Money Move
    ZLFC wrote: »

• Boabdust
    5227 posts Big Money Move
    ZLFC wrote: »

• Antparry92
    20891 posts Club Captain
    I'm gonna use all my loan players to begin with with coin boosts before I even touch my starter teams
  • They should make you play a certain amount of games on top of the level requirement to redeem loan players IMO.
  • Antparry92
    20891 posts Club Captain
    CowBRAH wrote: »
    They should make you play a certain amount of games on top of the level requirement to redeem loan players IMO.
    Why?
    Surely if I've played since 10 like I have then I deserve to use them due to my club level
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    There really is no point to them. I can't keep them, so why do I want to get used to how great they are.
  • Antparry92
    20891 posts Club Captain
    FC Intl wrote: »
    There really is no point to them. I can't keep them, so why do I want to get used to how great they are.

Because if I'd have known how poor Bale was last year before buying him I wouldn't have bothered...
  • Antparry92 wrote: »
    They should make you play a certain amount of games on top of the level requirement to redeem loan players IMO.
    Why?
    Surely if I've played since 10 like I have then I deserve to use them due to my club level

Because since 15 the start of every UT puts you up against players with full loan squads because of how easy it is to get them. This becomes incredibly repetitive, whereas previous FIFA you always wanted to see what sort of budget squad people put together.
  • RealM
    8670 posts League Winner
    I don't see the point in getting 75-81 rated loan players. I am fine with high end players because that was the idea.
  • Antparry92
    20891 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Why?

Because since 15 the start of every UT puts you up against players with full loan squads because of how easy it is to get them. This becomes incredibly repetitive, whereas previous FIFA you always wanted to see what sort of budget squad people put together.

Then why don't you use them? It's not as though they have the opportunity and you don't...
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    RealM wrote: »
    I don't see the point in getting 75-81 rated loan players. I am fine with high end players because that was the idea.

Great to save contracts with, other than that they do seem pretty pointless. I doubt many are struggling to get <81 rated players. I'd be happy loan packing Fernandinho at the start though, 12k/9k seems too much.
  • Blackbird
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    They should be limited to 1 per squad. Other than that, they're fine.
  • Raid103
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Blackbird wrote: »
    They should be limited to 1 per squad. Other than that, they're fine.
    I agree with this. Playing a full loan squad with amazing players isn't particularly fun. I do see their use though...

• taft52
    57 posts Park Captain
    Not to mention you can use them in the Squad Building Challenge...
  • libertao
    1899 posts Play-Off Hero
    taft52 wrote: »

You can? I got a message saying you can't.

Loan players would be great if they had neutral chem (which would make sense with the idea of a "loan" player), but I can't build a team around players I only have for 7 matches or less.
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    I hate them too, dunno why, I finished FUT 16 with Messi still with about 10 games.

Dunno what it is, I just can't bring myself to use them. Also hate the fact they take up the first 2 pages of your club.
  • Blake
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    Theyr're dumb AF how are people actually defending them sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh
  • jackm57
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have no problem with them but I think that's fair to limit them to 1 per squad.
  • Amargaladaster26
    10889 posts Has That Special Something
    taft52 wrote: »

You cant.
  • taft52
    57 posts Park Captain
    I swear I did during Early Access... maybe I'm just thinking of untradeables...
  • DIRTY 230
    84 posts Park Captain
    There is no point to them. Should be limited to limited to one loan player per squad and the loan players should have max contract of 3.
  • heavymcd
    10073 posts Has That Special Something
    Why?

Then why don't you use them? It's not as though they have the opportunity and you don't...

You missed the point of his complaint.

Loan players kill that early stage in the game where you get to see oddball nonrare players people wouldnt ordinary use. He enjoyed that.

Now you just see blue border Martial. And by the time all the loans run out (I have two pages of them) people have enough coins to buy higher end players. It changes the whole early game.

Arguably. I don't really mind myself.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    Imagine sweating it
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    I got to use HBA before buying him, and with that, I held off. Couple other cheaper options will hold me over just fine.
  • Loan players are great

You get to use players for 10-15 games saving you coins.