Looks like the Americans have hit hard on packs!

truegunn3r
13169 posts World Class
edited September 2016
Three pages of Neymar already. His card weight can't be that low can it? Prices coming down. Shall I sell my Neymar or hold on because of TOTW2?

Comments

• DadBod
    6381 posts Big Money Move
    Guys i know this has been asked a lot of times but i hope someone can help me on this..

I opened 12k fp and got:

If cavani (still in my club)
    Coutinho (still in my club)
    Douglas costa (still in my club)
    Oblak (still in my club)
    Firmino, mane, stones, bellerin, de rossi (all sold)

Now i have 100k coins after playing 10 online season games and plus the mentioned players still in my club.. I can play more games later and tomorrow before the uk release and maybe i can get the likes of reus, dybala, etc.

Should i get one of the expensive players during uk release?
  • truegunn3r
    13169 posts World Class
    edited September 2016
    Guys i know this has been asked a lot of times but i hope someone can help me on this..

I opened 12k fp and got:

Oblak (still in my club)

Now i have 100k coins after playing 10 online season games and plus the mentioned players still in my club.. I can play more games later and tomorrow before the uk release and maybe i can get the likes of reus, dybala, etc.

The market is very unpredictable.

I think prices might come down during UK release because there already are over 330,000 live transfers before the release which can only grow bigger. I think EA marketed the game very well this year and a lot of packs will be opened but as I said the market is very unpredictable.
  • DadBod
    truegunn3r wrote: »

I opened 12k fp and got:

Oblak (still in my club)

The market is very unpredictable.

I think prices might come down during UK release because there already are over 330,000 live transfers before the release which can only grow bigger. I think EA marketed the game very well this year and a lot of packs will be opened but as I said the market is very unpredictable.

Fair answer mate.. But if you are in my situation, 100k coins plus if cavani, douglas costa, coutinho - would you buy a team with the likes of benzema, lacazette, di maria or would you buy a 150k player like dybala, aubameyang?
  • truegunn3r
    13169 posts World Class
    None of the high end players are worth it but some will not fall so soon so you have to accept it. Some are very inflated and will drop.

Players you can buy now which will not drop any time soon:

Hazard: 200k
    Di Maria: 70k
    Neuer: 180k
    Modric: 70k
    Rodriguez: 70k

Players which are not worth buying as they will drop soon:

Aguero: 450k
    Dybala: 150k
    Pogba: 500k

And then there are players with so much uncertainty such as Neymar, Suarez, Griezmann and Bale who you don't know whether they will drop straight after launch, stay stable or go over the roof.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    The players I have in my club have all went up. There might be a small drop tomorrow when European get their game, but I believe most higher rated players will rise during the weekend.
  • Mitch_Itfc
    160 posts Sunday League Hero

I opened 12k fp and got:

Oblak (still in my club)

fml i opened 18k and got Varane as highest rated and most expensive player
  • skaffa86
    62 posts Park Captain
    Lol americanos
  • jackm57
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    truegunn3r wrote: »
    Three pages of Neymar already. His card weight can't be that low can it? Prices coming down. Shall I sell my Neymar or hold on because of TOTW2?

It's not that they have hit packs hard, there will be more packs opened this year than ever before due to SBC and FUT champions.

For most cards supply>>>demand.

Even then as you've said 3 pages of Neymar is ridiculous and we haven't hit full release yet. The supply for top end players will be plentiful, prices will be cheap this year.
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    Word is out haven't you heard? Neymar 70 Stamina. Sell sell sell before he's 30k.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    FC Intl wrote: »
    Word is out haven't you heard? Neymar 70 Stamina. Sell sell sell before he's 30k.

Yikes. I'm finding that stamina has more of an effect than in 16. Once the bar turns red the player turns really sluggish.
  • Like people have said before there will be A LOT of packs opened this year in the next few days and you will need a crystal ball to predict prices
  • DadBod
    Mitch_Itfc wrote: »

I opened 12k fp and got:

Oblak (still in my club)

fml i opened 18k and got Varane as highest rated and most expensive player

Should i feel good about myself then?
  • This happens every year. When the game is released prices come down for most players because of the massive pack openings and people undercutting each other. After a few days the prices starts to steadily rise.
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »

Yikes. I'm finding that stamina has more of an effect than in 16. Once the bar turns red the player turns really sluggish.

I was being over the top obviously, but you are absolutely correct that it is a significant downside to his card. A 90 pace winger + poor stamina is not a great combo to have.
  • LatviaFTW
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    It's quite funny to see how everyone forgets what happens year after year.

Every single high rated player (84+) will rise in price, it's just a question of how much. All of you seem to be talking about people opening packs, let's say the average person opens 12k FIFA points, which is a very extreme probability, it's probably a lot lot less, most of the time from 12k you get around 200k without any significant pulls.

What do most of them do with those coins? Buy the best team that they can. Plus take into account everyone who won't be buying packs and will still want to have a decent team. And how can you think that three pages of Neymar is a lot when there are sooooooo many people playing already, everyone who I know that plays FIFA has bought EA access.

There will be more people that want to use Neymar than people who pack Neymar. And if you don't pack anyone who is 200k+ (Not many cards worth that much) you won't be able to buy him unless you buy a lot of FP's.

Every year I've spent all my coins on or before release day and tried to buy the best players I can and every year their price has risen a lot. Oh and pack weights are much worse for full release, don't forget that
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move
    LatviaFTW wrote: »

Every single high rated player (84+) will rise in price, it's just a question of how much. All of you seem to be talking about people opening packs, let's say the average person opens 12k FIFA points, which is a very extreme probability, it's probably a lot lot less, most of the time from 12k you get around 200k without any significant pulls.

The average person spends exactly 0 points.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    Ker_Mit wrote: »

Well assuming you have had basic maths, then we both know that statement is wrong.
  • Chubz
    3254 posts National Call-Up

What do most of them do with those coins? Buy the best team that they can. Plus take into account everyone who won't be buying packs and will still want to have a decent team. And how can you think that three pages of Neymar is a lot when there are sooooooo many people playing already, everyone who I know that plays FIFA has bought EA access.

There will be more people that want to use Neymar than people who pack Neymar. And if you don't pack anyone who is 200k+ (Not many cards worth that much) you won't be able to buy him unless you buy a lot of FP's.

Every year I've spent all my coins on or before release day and tried to buy the best players I can and every year their price has risen a lot. Oh and pack weights are much worse for full release, don't forget that

Great, cause I used up all my coins to get greasy griezmann :)
  • LatviaFTW
    470 posts Sunday League Hero

Castro is a FIFA player, he bought 1 million FP's, 1 million FIFA points are shared between 83 people when doing an average. And that's just one YouTuber.

Again, most people I know who play FIFA buy FP's on release, even if that's the only time of the year they do it.
  • DadBod

Excellent post! I will frame this on my wall.. Thanks bud!
  • Ker_Mit
    5935 posts Big Money Move

Well assuming you have had basic maths, then we both know that statement is wrong.

You obviously know what I mean. But I know you have problems with taking everything you read literally.
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    edited September 2016

Castro is a FIFA player, he bought 1 million FP's, 1 million FIFA points are shared between 83 people when doing an average. And that's just one YouTuber.

Again, most people I know who play FIFA buy FP's on release, even if that's the only time of the year they do it.

I've not bought from store on release for a while but a lot of stores paired FIFA and CoD with MSP/PSN credit. I was always a sucker for those deals, my friends too.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2016

You obviously know what I mean. But I know you have problems with taking everything you read literally.

I don't have problems with everything I read, I just have problems with BS statements that are used in a conversation to prove something right or wrong. Unless it's just banter to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ somebody off.