Does anyone actually attack?

Pogba
3494 posts National Call-Up
Every game I play same crap 60 poss to 40 poss. Everyone sits back and plays counter attack so boring.

Comments

• Moiizer
    15283 posts World Class
    Are counter attacks not attacks?
  • tauras
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    So the attack then.so many teams irl play counter attacking football so why not do it in game just don't rush forward when you have the ball pass it around a bit draw there team out.
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    How dare the opponent react to continued attacks by maintaining a solid defense and waiting for a good opportunity.
  • RSL183
    1037 posts Professional
    Unfortunately that is what real football is these days!! Sitting back and counter.
  • Retodd33
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    Calm down Arsene
  • Pogba
    3494 posts National Call-Up
    Lol I do pass around, my record is decent. Can beat it just gets boring playing the same style over and over. don't get how that's actually fun.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Some games it just happens.

I play on possession, and try to keep the ball and attack. But sometimes I just get pegged in my own half, and ofcourse I will counter from tjay situation.

It may be down to your playstyle penninf them back.
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    Pogba wrote: »
    Lol I do pass around, my record is decent. Can beat it just gets boring playing the same style over and over. don't get how that's actually fun.

If you're making a concerted effort to hold the ball, and you're good at it, do you think a smart opponent is going constantly lunge out and get out of position, enabling you to attack? No, he's going to recognize that you will be passing him to death and react by sitting back and waiting for you to make a mistake.
  • i try to play quick posession football.
    i will move the ball around quickly and create the spaces to make for an attack.
    i rarely ever use over the top ball. or i rarely ever cross it in.
    i try and play the arsenal way sometimes and create attacks like that.

• ukfrenchie
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I tend to find those with better teams go for the jugular and those with worse sit back and counter, which is how football tends to be played now. And if they are just staying solid keep playing the ball around. fitness really matters in the last 20-30 minutes so if they've been chasing the ball you should have a big advantage late on
  • Butters222
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've been playing a lot more possession. Mostly triangle passing it works wonders. I try to keep possession in the opponents half and pass it around until they start to throw everyone at you. I started 0-4 and ended up winning 3 straight since I've been doing that with 65-35 every game. The counters are the only difficult part so make sure you have a CDM around 70-80 pace so you don't get beat hard on counters.
  • chaser2k15
    17660 posts World Class
    Are you playing fut champions or divisions?
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    If you play with possession, better make it count.

There is possession for the sake of possession, and there is useful possession.
  • Wonderfulwest
    5221 posts Big Money Move
    Do you not watch football ? Counter attacking is the most common way of scoring goals
  • Whoman
    6051 posts Big Money Move
    I do. Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

That being said, FIFA (well, like football irl) has a tendency to peg you into a role early, there are games where i could not play attacking if i wanted to.

One thing that helped me in 16 in games where i have lots of (fruitless) possession was switching things up and just hoofing the ball up front at time or work with early crosses. Basically try something and worst case force the opponent to build up from deep in his half for a change.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    35720 posts World Cup Winner
    Snipguy wrote: »
    If you play with possession, better make it count.

There is possession for the sake of possession, and there is useful possession.

This.

I personally don't go for possession and I often have the least in my matches...but I play so many guys that possess the ball but don't know how to do anything with it. And I don't consider myself a great defender, people are just stupid with the ball. I play more direct. I'm going drive straight to your box.
  • freddyyow
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    Moiizer wrote: »
    Are counter attacks not attacks?

:lol: