The Anime Thread

Comments

• Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    Ryno wrote: »
    New anime season is upon us can't wait so many returning shows. No the to mention the return of of the Goddess herself Haruhi Suzumiya

Highschool DxD Season 3 <3

Will probably be disappointing.
  • Orange Prince
    About to watch Dungeon, looks decent.
  • Kaede
    4907 posts National Call-Up
    I'm planning to watch that and Medicine. Let me know. The manga for Dungeon is mediocre.
  • Kaede
    New anime season is upon us can't wait so many returning shows. No the to mention the return of of the Goddess herself Haruhi Suzumiya
    Also planning to watch it, but, besides the movie, I've not found Haruhi as spectacular as it is made out to be. The movie is great though. @Jatz knows.
  • LAKiM
    1209 posts Professional
    Joined the anime ava squad
  • Kieran
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    So that's who that is
  • Kaede
    LAKiM wrote: »
    Joined the anime ava squad
    What was your old account? I don't remember you. D:
  • LAKiM
    1209 posts Professional
    edited April 2015
    Kaede wrote: »
    What was your old account? I don't remember you. D:

That's a secret ;)
  • Kaede
  • Kieran
    569 posts Sunday League Hero
    That was amazing lmao

Totsuka too cute
  • Low Ki
    11726 posts Has That Special Something
    Kieran wrote: »

Emre Chan :lol:

Clever.
  • bear
    That first episode was nice. Maybe hachiman the giant **** won't be such a giant **** after all.
  • Orange Prince
    Kaede wrote: »
    I'm planning to watch that and Medicine. Let me know. The manga for Dungeon is mediocre.

It wasn't bad, but not really good either. Hopefully the second episode will be better.
  • Kaede
    I've heard Dungeon is really bad. The manga was bad. D:
  • bear
    I intended to give Food Wars 3 episodes, I couldn't give it more than 3 minutes.
  • Kaede
    I heard that was dumb as hell, but I have it reserved for many anime challenge under "Watch an anime that is tagged with a genre you dislike". Seems fitting.
  • bear
    It should be called foodgasms
  • Yo so I'm out of shows I'm watching and wanna watch a decent anime. Most of my experience is in the cyberpunk or action or space western area so maybe something that's easy and on earth and just kinda light? Sara? Mike? Like Clannad, but not sad as hell?
  • Low Ki
    Great Teacher Onizuka is worth a look. As a whole it's kind of a mashup between slice of life, school, coming of age, comedy, dramedy, a bit of shounen here and there....got a bit for everyone. Kinda crude at times but compared to todays fanservice it's relatively benign.

Beck was nice and a big fave of mine. It was about a teenager joining an indy band and their struggles to make it big. Pretty grounded save for the Lucille story. Got lots of ups and downs emotionally but it definitely ends on a very big high.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU is a recent, fun-ish lighthearted earth show. Somehow avoided the cliche stuff despite the shows premise being the very definition of a premise.

I've got a fair few grounded earth shows on my list but a lot are either dark, action heavy and/or extremely violent.
  • I'll have to check some out. Thanks. :)
  • bear
    edited April 2015
    Hyouka - school mysteries
    Nisekoi - romcom
    The Devil is a Part-Timer - What happens when the devil accidentally ends up on earth
    Nagi no Asukara - romance story not totally devoid of sadness, but still enjoyable (one of my favorites) and really nice to look it.

The latter two aren't exactly grounded in reality. The first is obvious, the second involves two villages one coastal and the other in the sea.
  • Low Ki
    Oh yeah Nisekoi's supposed to be good.
  • Doesn't have to be realistic...just has to be somewhat...easy
  • Low Ki
    That reminds me, I've held off on DLing Nisekoi due to it being unclear which version I'm supposed to get. From what I can tell the Blu-Ray version had issues with cropping, removed backgrounds, random censorship additions and subtractions etc making the TV version is actually more complete than the Blu-Ray.

Should I go after the HorribleSubs 1080p TV rips?
  • bear
    Oh, if easy and light is what you're looking for
    Aria
    Non Non Biyori
    K-On
    School Days
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Free!, Free! Eternal Summer
    Zoids New Century Zero
  • Wow haha that's a lot, don't know where to start. Thanks
  • bear
    Out of all of them Zoids is the most fun and it's in english and should still be on youtube
  • Raistlin
    1405 posts Professional
    Remember me and my neighbors would all collect the buildable zoid figures and battle them aha, those were the days
  • Low Ki
    edited April 2015
    Hell yes, School Days is a must. Opening up the criteria I'd also say

Higashi no Eden: A group of 13 called the Selecao (yeah like the Brazilian national team) are given phones with access to 10bil yen to change the world, a girl runs into one of them who's now amnesiac.
    Robotics;Notes: a class science club decide to built a IRL mecha robot because they're fans of the real thing in anime.
    Suisei no Gargantia: think a slice of life set on Waterworld with a time displaced mech pilot
    A Certain Scientific Railgun: Spinoff from a Certain Magical Index that IMO outdoes the main show. set in a city where superpowers are extremely common...follows the life of a student who happens to be the #3 in terms of power. Best story is Accelerator that takes place in season 2 but it's arguably not easy viewing as there's some very graphic deaths.

I'd recommend Steins;Gate but around the middle the fun is ripped out and replaced with so many :( :( :(