Lag Issues Affecting Gameplay and Physics in Game on FUT 16.

Comments

• Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2016
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    Playing the FIFA 17 Demo, lol it's full of input delay, prepare guys. We should be talking about that happening in single player

This. true story... the animations of pass, movement and specially SHOT is too too too SLOW, impossibile to shot.... for the rest it's a good good game

my video of this problem :
    Post edited by Vitto7 on
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    GaX79 wrote: »
    Zebidy....
    I used pingplotter to easo.ea.com and there is a hop (etrunk14.milano1.mil.seabone.net) that give me everytime 40-50% of packet loss

The UO TRACE program doesn't see this hops cause it hide the ip and doesn't any statistic at all.

Maybe this is my lag problem ?!?

doesnt sound good.
    pingplotter say that if a node is getting packet loss on icmp t usually means its likely to be causing issues.
    may not have packet loss on p2p but with a busy node it may delay.

playing pes online this afternoon and every time i host im clearly at a slight disadvantage at certain moments.

will know more in the coming weeks as i get fully used to the controls
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    when people get input lag offline is the whole team moving slower...ie.dont react as quick etc?
  • CFCHenri
    3409 posts National Call-Up
    Vitto7 wrote: »
    Playing the FIFA 17 Demo, lol it's full of input delay, prepare guys. We should be talking about that happening in single player

This. true story... the animations of pass, movement and specially SHOT is too too too SLOW, impossibile to shot.... for the rest it's a good good game

my video of this problem :

Funny I replied to this in a different thread, lol. Yeah, everything we do is so slow but a very good game.
    when people get input lag offline is the whole team moving slower...ie.dont react as quick etc?

Yep, the whole team moves slower, nothing they do is quick and it will feel like the team is carrying a bag full of books. When you switch to a player to run or to cut passing lane, the player moves in a weird way, Jogs before accelerating for his sprint. It's so terrible as your fast players will be slow making slower players tackle them.
  • CFCHenri
    Recently, Start at 0:17. Look how Pedro's body reacts when I take the shot, takes him almost 2 seconds before he shoots.

It's so hard to do 1-2 quick passes as most of the time, the players will take a touch before passing, as soon as you touch the ball, you can get tackled when all I asked for was a first time pass.
  • leon1309
    4202 posts National Call-Up
    So basicaliy apart form the new "Hunter mode", we are stuck with the sam eold issues, just on a new engine (and people were hoping new engine would magicaly fix them)...what i could tell from the fifa 17 demo (ps4 version) is that broken player switching is still there, there also seems to be a slight delay present (in f**** offline mode, cant wait to see the online then), and player seem to move in a weird way at times (this might be due to me playing PES a bit more beforehand, but in PES the movement and also general positioning seems to be a lot better in offline mode).

I will wait for the user reviews on online part of the game before buying this time around. I thought i would buy PES, but i am glad i waited it out, as online seems to be broken still (even if they did put a bit off effort in matchmaking system), so i will wait forit to go on sale or just skip this year entirely...and i will do the same with fifa 17...if the issues that pestered it for past years are still in the game, then i will just vote with my vallet...the only thing you can actually do.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    that ****ed up if it lags offline and only for the controlled team.

i dont get this when i play offline.

just the online play.

ea need to investigate.

played master league on pes last night.
    no issues.
    will test again on es at some point today while doing my tests before hand this time.
  • Silhouette
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    leon1309 wrote: »
    So basicaliy apart form the new "Hunter mode", we are stuck with the sam eold issues, just on a new engine (and people were hoping new engine would magicaly fix them)...what i could tell from the fifa 17 demo (ps4 version) is that broken player switching is still there, there also seems to be a slight delay present (in f**** offline mode, cant wait to see the online then), and player seem to move in a weird way at times (this might be due to me playing PES a bit more beforehand, but in PES the movement and also general positioning seems to be a lot better in offline mode).

I will wait for the user reviews on online part of the game before buying this time around. I thought i would buy PES, but i am glad i waited it out, as online seems to be broken still (even if they did put a bit off effort in matchmaking system), so i will wait forit to go on sale or just skip this year entirely...and i will do the same with fifa 17...if the issues that pestered it for past years are still in the game, then i will just vote with my vallet...the only thing you can actually do.

Couldn't say it any better. Exactly my thoughts and doubts at the moment. After years of problems with Fifa I'm testing if PES will give a more satisfying experience for me. I almost know for sure these problems we are talking about will still be in Fifa 17. Actually playing the demo of both games. I will be happy if only offline will be enjoyable again. Still doubting of the graphics and lack of licences in PES though.
  • Vitto7
    Recently, Start at 0:17. Look how Pedro's body reacts when I take the shot, takes him almost 2 seconds before he shoots.

It's so hard to do 1-2 quick passes as most of the time, the players will take a touch before passing, as soon as you touch the ball, you can get tackled when all I asked for was a first time pass.

yes !!! this is crazy ! i have same issue... hope EA fix this incredible problem
  • Silhouette
    Anyone else got the feeling that after 10pm the sluggish gameplay improves?
    Have this feeling for over years, but can't explain it at all. Night electricity netpower??
  • Silhouette
    After all these years of issues, are you still going to purchase FIFA 17?
    As said I'm heavily doubting between FIFA and PES2017.
    What are your arguments to stick with FIFA or switch to PES?
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Silhouette wrote: »
    Anyone else got the feeling that after 10pm the sluggish gameplay improves?
    Have this feeling for over years, but can't explain it at all. Night electricity netpower??

it happened at different times for me.

around midday to 2 it could be below average or ok.
    then till 5 it usually is worse.

after 5 it tended to improve ....until about 11 or 12 when it gets really bad.

isps do change their overall limits during the day to meet past firgures.(not on your speed but in and out fo their network)
    they have to pay for traffic out of their network and or have agreements with other tier 1 operators if they are a tier 1 themselves.

the net is not straight forward as people think.

pes is hit and miss online.
    another issue is the controls if your not used to them.

gonna stay offline till i get to the top level offline.

also their matchmaking in divisions is ot as good as fifas...(lol i know and eas is not great either).
    i was pickign leverkusen and kept playing barca or real...so effectively you can only compete if you pick a top side....not great as i lie to play lower sides....
  • Silhouette
    First I will focus on offline play.
    Only looking for smooth gameplay, with passes that reach teammembers, marking that is tight.
    Wondering if PES can give that experience, cause I lost hope in FIFA and EA to be honest..
  • CFCHenri
    edited September 2016
    Even getting worse now
  • JIO22
    1164 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    I've downloaded the pes2017 demo.

I will say, that I am quite impressed, haven't played it for several seasons. Graphics and animations all look very good, the controls are slightly different so this will take a bit of getting use to, as will all the little tips, tricks and skills.

But gameplay was very good, felt nice, fluent and enjoyable.

I'm now really in limbo..... and I might go for pes2017, you can download all the correct team names, names etc too. Out of playing both demos now, pes2017 was far more enjoyable.

Perhaps this is the way to go. I'll have to ponder this decision over the next week or so :) .
  • been on masterleague last few days.
    bringing back old memories.

havent played either fifa or pes online.

wont be picking up fifa till next year
  • Silhouette
    edited September 2016
    JIO22 wrote: »

I will say, that I am quite impressed, haven't played it for several seasons. Graphics and animations all look very good, the controls are slightly different so this will take a bit of getting use to, as will all the little tips, tricks and skills.

I'm now really in limbo..... and I might go for pes2017, you can download all the correct team names, names etc too. Out of playing both demos now, pes2017 was far more enjoyable.

Perhaps this is the way to go. I'll have to ponder this decision over the next week or so :) .

Again, exactly the same thoughts!
    Enjoyed PES a lot, where FIFA most of the time felt sluggish and unresponsive as ever..
    But deep inside I want to play FIFA. Graphics are better, overall presentation is better, commentary is better, licenses are a huge advantage (have XboxOne, so the lack of licenses won't be fullfilled in PES). And when it plays correct, I love the game so much!
    On the other side I pass for another year of disappointment because of the sluggish gameplay. That will not be changed this edition, I'm sure.

Tonight played the PES demo again. Enjoyed some of the combinations, but... now I am not really sure if that game will not be sluggish also..

Lots of doubts and only 10 days to decide..
  • MojoFC
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm not sure if it's just me, but the gameplay for FIFA 16 has gotten significantly worse since the FUTTIES ended. Players feel unresponsive, tapping a pass makes it fly to the other end, and players don't react to the ball.

I even have my PS4 on DMZ mode, with 150 MBPS internet speed, and my game feels like ****.

Like some other people mentioned, I can usually tell how FIFA will be by playing a few skill games. When that feels slow, FIFA is absolutely terrible.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    JIO22 wrote: »

Again, exactly the same thoughts!
    Enjoyed PES a lot, where FIFA most of the time felt sluggish and unresponsive as ever..
    But deep inside I want to play FIFA. Graphics are better, overall presentation is better, commentary is better, licenses are a huge advantage (have XboxOne, so the lack of licenses won't be fullfilled in PES). And when it plays correct, I love the game so much!
    On the other side I pass for another year of disappointment because of the sluggish gameplay. That will not be changed this edition, I'm sure.

Tonight played the PES demo again. Enjoyed some of the combinations, but... now I am not really sure if that game will not be sluggish also..

Lots of doubts and only 10 days to decide..

didnt play fifa offline because its awful...i have pes and addicted.
    i dont get the sluggishness offline.

you notice the differences between players how they move and feel.
    but an in form agile player never shows signs of sluggishness offline.

wont venture online yet after a series of drubbings.

posted on the pes forum a link to this thread so they know its not just pes that has the input lag problem.

its very similar for me on pes as on fifa.
    1 out of 5 games will shows signs of a disadvantage.
    the rest dont....bt one was quite laggy (no disadvantage though)

on their forum some are complaining re input lag.

luckily pes is a gem offline.
  • Vitto7
    on fifa 17 NO INPUT LAG *_*
  • Silhouette

That's your hope or did you already play the full game?
    Like every year I have the hope they solved the issue.. Hope anyone can conform this within the next week.
  • I have the same issue in the past few years on FIFA, while fifa 15 16 are much worse than before, especially fifa 16, at least 80% of my online gameplay are slower than usual, everything is slow, except my opponent
  • Vitto7

Like every year I have the hope they solved the issue.. Hope anyone can conform this within the next week.

i play full game with EA access... 10 matches and the game work perfectly !!!!
  • NornIron
    11410 posts Has That Special Something

i play full game with EA access... 10 matches and the game work perfectly !!!!

EA access always works its usually when the full game comes out things change.
    Thats why i always end up buying the game.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    some one on the pes forum saying that he had a problem with sky isp last year then konami did something to fix it and the game played flawlessly online.....
  • NornIron
    Pes 2017 is unplayable online for me gameplay actually stopping. Fifa 17 only played 1 match so far was lagging but made PES look good.
  • Silhouette
    NornIron wrote: »
    Pes 2017 is unplayable online for me gameplay actually stopping. Fifa 17 only played 1 match so far was lagging but made PES look good.

How do you mean that? Happy with PES or FIFA?
  • NornIron
    NornIron wrote: »

How do you mean that? Happy with PES or FIFA?

Happy with Fifa. PES offline is a great game but online is alot worst than Fifa.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    Cant be bothered playing online on pes.
    addicted to master league again.....

Vitto...hows fifa online atm?
  • Vitto7
    no input lag for me.... is only slow because the game is slow, but no input lag for me