Arsenal | The Invincible Restoration | A fitting End

Comments

• Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    Cody22775 wrote: »
    13 people in the sponsoring. It's getting rather competitive
    I know, most I had last year was 9-10 players sponsored, good turnout!
    vNnxesW.png
    8th - The defending Premier League champions are set to have a difficult season I think, they cannot just focus on the league they also have Europe to think about and this will play a big part in their downfall not to mention the loss of Kante and teams will not be as open when they play Leicester as they see them as a big club this season, it will be interesting. Having said that the club have invested, Slimani, Musa, Mendy and Kapustka are the key players brought in, but the question is can Vardy and Mahrez deliver this season or will Leicester crumble?
    CokWJbR.png
    7th - Everton got their man Koeman in and he will take them back into the top 7 this season without a doubt, the team looks very strong from defence to attack, they missed out on a few targets in the window but overall they did okay. Stones left and he was replaced with Williams, they also brought in Gueye and Bolasie to add to the midfield and the fact they kept Lukaku gives them a fighting chance for a European place. Everton have tons of creativity and a strong back 4, I just don't think they have what it takes to break the top 6 this season but you never know!
    AiD0rni.png
    6th - Tottenham will be one of the teams to really challenge for the top 4 but I have a feeling they will miss out and finish three places lower than last season, their first eleven is actually really strong but once a long term injury occurs to one of their key players they will struggle, Wanyama, Sissoko, Janssen and N'Koudou were the players brought in, but for a team that finished 3rd and will be competing in the Champions League, you look at those signings and feel they could have done better, you will see the big teams rise this season and it doesn't bode well for Spurs.
    YHa2ptQ.png
    5th - This is the season Klopp works his magic, however the investment wasn't there in the summer in fact Liverpool made profit while their main rivals made a net spend of 80m or more, Wijnaldum, Mane and Karius are great additions however I feel they really needed to get a top class left back in and after selling Benteke they should have brought in a striker, the team is full of goals though, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane, Lallana and Sturridge will cause all sorts of problems for teams it's the defence that is the biggest issue, if Klopp can get that back 4 working this club may find themselves fighting all the way until the end for a top 4 place but I have placed them 5th because I believe the teams above them are stronger as a whole.
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    And I'll start quite nicely as I got Ozil who is highest rated at 89
  • Cody22775
    Liverpool have got off to a nice start under Klopp and I if they keep it up I reckon they could maybe break into the champion cup spot. If firmino stays fit and on form I reckon for they could be quite a good side this season
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Still think Spurs will break top 4. Great team to watch.
  • Wyojasond
    11967 posts Has That Special Something
    Everton getting Koeman still gives me nightmares. That guy can flat coach and he's already shown he was worth the investment. Liverpool is off to a better start than even I expected. Like you said though, our back 4 has to make huge strides for us to be top 4. That being said, Matip looks the real deal so far and Milner I see getting more and more comfortable at LB.
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    Liverpool have got off to a nice start under Klopp and I if they keep it up I reckon they could maybe break into the champion cup spot. If firmino stays fit and on form I reckon for they could be quite a good side this season
    Yeah they have so much goals in midfield, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Lallana... Just think the keeper and left back spots are a bit weak, that might cost them the top 4 imo.
    Still think Spurs will break top 4. Great team to watch.
    I'm a bit bias with Spurs, never put them in the top 4 because I'm an Arsenal fan, just think they don't have enough to make it this time round, it's going to be very competitive though, the top 6/7 teams could easily fight for top 4 spots!
    Everton getting Koeman still gives me nightmares. That guy can flat coach and he's already shown he was worth the investment. Liverpool is off to a better start than even I expected. Like you said though, our back 4 has to make huge strides for us to be top 4. That being said, Matip looks the real deal so far and Milner I see getting more and more comfortable at LB.
    Yeah Everton look scary at times this season, they were really good in career mode last year too I think they were fighting for the title at one point on mine.
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    Okay here is a little more information about the player sponsoring game that will go on through the season.

Every player starts are the base starts and through the season they will gain stats in the career, these will be updated on the card showing the player progress along with sponsoring points and rank. If a player changes position or overall that will be shown on the card. If the are in-form they will get that card design, if they break a record, get in team of the season or become an Arsenal legend they will get those incredible cards. Also every season there will be only one 'one to watch' card and this will be a summer transfer that is one to keep on eye on, this year I have chosen Xhaka.

Points will be calculated using the Premier League Fantasy Football format below
    • For playing up to 60 minutes (1 point)
    • For playing 60 minutes or more (2 points)
    • For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender (6 points)
    • For each goal scored by a midfielder (5 points)
    • For each goal scored by a forward (4 points)
    • For each goal assist (3 points)
    • For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender (4 points)
    • For a clean sheet by a midfielder (1 point)
    • For every 5 shot saves by a goalkeeper (1 point)
    • For each penalty save (5 points)
    • For each penalty miss (-2 points)
    • Bonus points for the best players in a match (1-3 points)
    • For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender (-1 point)
    • For each yellow card (-1 point)
    • For each red card (-3 points)
    • For each own goal (-2 points)
    Here are the card designs and current ranks (based on overall rating at the moment)
    vSCkiUx.png
    QUc51Aw.png
    YZNzbPo.png
    TBI5Cis.png
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    qjULc6c.png
    4th - Chelsea needed a wake up call, someone that can get this club back on track after a horrid season and that man is Antonio Conte, the Italian will bring so much to this club you cannot underestimate them, plus they have no European football so they can field a strong team every week, they could easily win the title this season but I have placed them 4th because the Manchester clubs are too strong this season and I have a sneaky feeling Arsenal will get the better of them. Marcos Alonso and David Luiz were brought in last minute and that will be a massive boost to a very short defence plus Batshuayi will provide a good alternative to Costa but the main new signing has to be Kante, this player will change the game in midfield, if Hazard gets back to his best who knows what this team could achieve this season.
    kCB4Glf.png
    3rd - Now we are getting to the big guns, although I have placed Arsenal 3rd I think the top four will be very close together but a lack of a top class striker is why Arsenal miss out on a real chance to win the title. Bergkamp spent a massive amount of money compared to Arsenal's previous seasons, Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez were the main three signings and in my opinion Arsenal's title chances will come down to how well Giroud or Perez do in front of goal, one of them for both need a killer season to give this club a fighting chance, and Mustafi is a massive boost because the back 4 looks much stronger now.
    5lHG9k0.png
    2nd - This is the year Manchester United made a statement, Jose Mourinho will give this club a breathe of fresh air and most importantly winning mentality, they broke the transfer record bringing Pogba back and signed one of the best strikers in the world Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Bailly & Mkhitaryan were also added, there is no room for passengers in this team, Mourinho wants an instant impact and I think he will get that however the Manchester rivals will get the upper hand this year, Man Utd lack a solid defence, Valencia is no proper right back, and can Smalling and Bailly be a good partnership? All these questions will be answered this season.
    ti7G0Qg.png
    1st - Guardiola's Manchester City are my predicted Premier League winners this season, they have built an incredible team with the signings of Stones, Bravo, Gundogan, Nolito and Sane. Pep's not only signing experienced players but also planning for the future even though stated he doesn't imagine himself at a club for more than 3 or 4 years, striving for new challenges and he will give it his all to win everything possible, the question is can he get the players to play how he wants them to? De Bruyne, Silva and Aguero will cause havoc in front of goal, I predict if Aguero doesn't get injured for a long period and starts at least 30 games he will break the PL goal scoring record this season.
  • Cody22775
    I reckon Chelsea will beat Arsenal
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hard to look past Man City for the title. I think you should be relatively solid at the back, just whether you can find that balance upfront with the options you have.
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    Never!!
    Hard to look past Man City for the title. I think you should be relatively solid at the back, just whether you can find that balance upfront with the options you have.
    Agree mate, just need to find what works up front and I should challenge for the title!
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    sxpv0LS.png
    It all begins here! Arsenal jet off to South America for the Las Americas Invitational pre-season tournament, Arsenal find themselves in a group with Ponte Preta, Fluminense and Wolfsburg, however favourites to win the tournament will be FC Barcelona, can Arsenal meet them in the final?

Dennis Bergkamp had to overcome his fear of flying in a bid to reach his goal of becoming a manager and he managed to do just that, he still hates the planes, "I hate flying with passion, never liked it never will, it was hard to deal with during my career but finally I can move on from that, every manager must travel with the team so it was necessary". He also praised the talent he brought with him on the plane, "Iwobi will get his chance for sure, as will Jeff, Zelalem, Holding and a host more, I really want the kids to show me what they have in their locker".

Henry has been working with the squad in training and he commented on the team saying, "They are an incredible bunch of players, we will be missing some of the big guys with the Euro's going on but I have no doubt this team can not only prove their fitness but also have a successful tour". Arsenal play Wolfsburg in their first game next week.
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Definitely a fan of the updated FUT cards throughout the career. Pretty easy group for pre-season. What's the format after the group stage?
  • Cody22775
    edited September 2016
    Ashy wrote: »
    Chelsea are the best
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Definitely a fan of the updated FUT cards throughout the career. Pretty easy group for pre-season. What's the format after the group stage?
    Thanks, the group stage is jusr all 4 teams play each other once and the top 2 go through to the semi-finals to face the other top 2 from the other group then the final
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    Do you have early access?
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    Do you have early access?
    Yeah man, already played 2 of my games and will be posting them tomorrow when I'm up
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    Nice touch about Bergkamp... I remember he used to hate the plane when he was a player. :joy:
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Nice touch about Bergkamp... I remember he used to hate the plane when he was a player. :joy:
    Yeah it was quite funny to be fair, you don't really hear much about this happening to players :D
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    Arsenal edge Fluminense in five goal thriller
    ohOKtZN.png
    pkxBCbl.png

Post edited by Ashy on
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very good start. Be nice to start of by winning the pre-season tournament, even though it doesn't matter much.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1377 posts Professional
    Good game pal :D
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well played, good start and a five goal thriller to get the blood pumping :)
  • Wyojasond
    11967 posts Has That Special Something
    Great start to the preseason. Are you playing around with formations at all?
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Nice start here! Hope you manage to win the tournament, it would be a great way to build some momentum for the beginning of the actual season. :)
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Solid start to pre-season
  • theroyalschamp
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The previews to the season is good and informative. I agree with Stoke prediction of 15th.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1377 posts Professional
    I'll join the sponsors when you sign someone. Bit late now :(
  • Ashy
    9893 posts League Winner
    Very good start. Be nice to start of by winning the pre-season tournament, even though it doesn't matter much.
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Nice start here! Hope you manage to win the tournament, it would be a great way to build some momentum for the beginning of the actual season. :)
    Yea that's the plan the other group has Barca/Dortmund though!
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Solid start to pre-season
    Good game pal :D
    Cheers guys
    BistroXII wrote: »
    Well played, good start and a five goal thriller to get the blood pumping :)
    Yeah I need to work on my defence I think I'm pretty good at scoring right now haha
    Great start to the preseason. Are you playing around with formations at all?
    Sticking with the current 4-2-3-1 at the moment, might try a 4-3-3 in future with Sanchez and Walcott up the pitch a bit of results don't go my way
    The previews to the season is good and informative. I agree with Stoke prediction of 15th.
    Cheers, not looking good for Stoke in real life at the moment
    I'll join the sponsors when you sign someone. Bit late now :(
    The transfer window is closed until January so I suggest you pick someone now buddy as long as it is today because the Liverpool game will be posted tomorrow
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1377 posts Professional
    If there is no one worthwhile left atm im fine waiting