Chem Boosts Are Ridiculous

Comments

• Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Orikoru wrote: »
    Nothing has changed

I refuse to believe these were the standard chem boosts before. I thought it was tested and proven that the chevrons only amounted to like 5 or 6 boost in stats, not 15??

Not sure about that but this guide is only explaining what happens as far as I can tell, it's not announcing changes to chemistry, just explaining it.

I suppose so, but explaining does change something - my mindset. I no longer feel like it's worthing saving up for top-rated players, whereas before, I did.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    But still, the more people get all hyped about it, the more these pack fillers will be worth so happy
    days :)

You can hardly call a chem style a pack filler anymore, when it changes mediocre players into elite ones. :neutral:

Is there any actual evidence that something has changed? I see none. Just explaining a feature that's been there all along?
  • Orikoru
    But still, the more people get all hyped about it, the more these pack fillers will be worth so happy

You can hardly call a chem style a pack filler anymore, when it changes mediocre players into elite ones. :neutral:

Is there any actual evidence that something has changed? I see none. Just explaining a feature that's been there all along?

As I said in the post above (that you probably didn't see when writing that) - what's changed is my mindset, now that I have this knowledge. Sure I won't be the only one. The prices of chem styles will certainly go up as well, now that we know the boost is more than any of us thought it was.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    I dont know what to make of all this, i kind of like it in a way but it does seem a tad ridiculous.

[img][/img]28lgpcn.jpg

Hunter turns firmino into a toty type player but i suppose its the same on all players. Will mean chem cards will be really expensive though.

I like it from a pocketbook standpoint. I'll get 24k FPs right away and call it a day. At least for the first 3-4 months of the game. Won't bother with TOTY, i'll just get up my entire team with top in NIFs when they dramatically drop in cost.

The IFs and SIFs won't be worth squat unless they get huge stat boosts. Because +2 across the board isn't going to be worth 10x coins.

But this can all be countered by simply screwing with pack weights. Chem cards could become EXTREMELY valuable. 85+ rated NIFs will be bonkers because people won't waste the coins on the IFs.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

As I said in the post above (that you probably didn't see when writing that) - what's changed is my mindset, now that I have this knowledge. Sure I won't be the only one. The prices of chem styles will certainly go up as well, now that we know the boost is more than any of us thought it was.

I personally can't say I've ever truly felt a noticeable improvement by using a chem style, so if people sudddnly want to pay ten times as much for something even though it doesn't do anything different then happy days :)
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner

I personally can't say I've ever truly felt a noticeable improvement by using a chem style, so if people sudddnly want to pay ten times as much for something even though it doesn't do anything different then happy days :)

This is why I wonder if we know the true story (as mentioned in thread I started earlier). EA haven't told us how the stats actually work. There's something fishy about the whole thing.
  • Orikoru

How would you not notice the difference between 75 and 90 finishing? Or 80 and 95 pace? You might as well be playing the game with bronze or silver cards then? Those are big differences and obviously noticeable.

In previous games, I noticed my striker finishing slightly better with Sniper card and so on, but it never felt like 15 stats worth of better.
  • PhilP
    1991 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2016

How would you not notice the difference between 75 and 90 finishing? Or 80 and 95 pace? You might as well be playing the game with bronze or silver cards then? Those are big differences and obviously noticeable.

In previous games, I noticed my striker finishing slightly better with Sniper card and so on, but it never felt like 15 stats worth of better.

One thing we all need to remember is that the ratings is not a linear scale. For instance someone with 90 pace is not a twice as fast with someone with 45 pace.

Maybe as players, we only realise the differences between 88 and 92 for instance. It could be coded that the biggest difference in terms of fell happens between 90 and 91 of a stat and its a bigger jump than between 70 and 90.
  • Orikoru
    PhilP wrote: »

One thing we all need to remember is that the ratings is not a linear scale. For instance someone with 90 pace is not a twice as fast with someone with 45 pace.

M

I don't really find that helpful - you can't boost someone 45 stats anyway. That really would be insane.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Exactly so it'll be incredibly obvious when people start playing that there's no way you're getting that kind of boost.

Do people really think ea are going to change everything so that any old 80 rated player with a hunter card will play like Ronaldo?!

Their entire operation revolves around creating demand for packs not eliminating it!
  • Azablucky
    4307 posts National Call-Up

M

I don't really find that helpful - you can't boost someone 45 stats anyway. That really would be insane.

No you can't however he didn't say that. He just was saying that a 90 pace player isn't twice as fast as a 45 pace player. Which is true.
  • Orikoru
    Azablucky wrote: »

M

No you can't however he didn't say that. He just was saying that a 90 pace player isn't twice as fast as a 45 pace player. Which is true.

True but also completely irrelevant? I have no idea why he said it.
  • randomhero1090

Their entire operation revolves around creating demand for packs not eliminating it!

@BRISTOL86

Just changes what is valuable. Flips the pack game around a bit. If Hunter cards are going for 10k, you might be inclined to buy some FPs to open the Mega Packs, versus opening just player packs. Or using coins to open normal gold packs to get consumables, thus running out of coins and needing to buy FPs.

I personally don't see them taking a hit. Just changing the market a bit.

• RadioShaq
    16050 posts Moderator
    Nobody is going to pay 500k-1m or more to boost high rated players pace by 3 it would be a waste. You are better off going with a lesser cheaper player for 1k and getting a similar player. What would be worse is if you let that high rated player stay at a lower pace and shooting by not wasting it and what put it into passing for an extra million coins.
  • Azablucky
    4307 posts National Call-Up

M

I agree with what you said, but I think he was just stating that there won't be a massive difference considering players who are twice as fast as others aren't twice as fast anyway.
  • jamcd
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    So basically if OP is right and the lower rated players play as well as the higher rated, then Ultimate Team is completely pointless.

Where as if this isn't true and the players don't feel like they play far better with chemitry cards or any kind of chemistry, then were back to square one of not knowing what the hell chemistry is supposed to do or why.

Still, I'd rather the latter.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

@BRISTOL86

Just changes what is valuable. Flips the pack game around a bit. If Hunter cards are going for 10k, you might be inclined to buy some FPs to open the Mega Packs, versus opening just player packs. Or using coins to open normal gold packs to get consumables, thus running out of coins and needing to buy FPs.

I just don't think anything has changed and that people have got the wrong idea. Guess we will see when the game drops. If Negredo starts outrunning Bailly we'll find out!
  • PhilP

M

Because the scale of the stats are not linear. You should see the edit.
    We have instances of, for example, a 60 pace player keeping up with someone with 90 pace. If the scale is linear then that should never happen.

The difference between any stat of say between 70 and 80 has never been established (apart from the skill move trick for dribbling).

a player with finishing of say,

70 could be 'good'
    80 could be 'good but not by a lot'
    and then 81 could be outstanding much better than both.

Thats because the engine is not coded linearly.
  • Jason1986
    7099 posts Big Money Move
    Before getting my knickers in a twist, I'd like to see the individual in game stats that are affected by applying a chemistry card.

I think that's where the difference will be between an average player plus chemistry card and an elite player. These lesser rated players will still have their original values for the vast majority of their in game stats.
  • jamcd
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    Another thing I have just realised is that you could essentially sub a player on at the start of the game and play him anywhere regardless of who he links with, and still have 7 chemistry with him.

"A player who comes on as a substitute: 25% from Team Chemistry & 75% from Static Individual Player Chemistry of 5."

So if you have 100 team chemistry with a BPL team, you could sub on Alaba at CAM in the 1st minute and he will have 7 chemistry?
  • BlitzersNL
    25004 posts Player of the Year
    ffs.png
  • DiddyBCFC
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Link to this FutWiz where you can apply consumables please? Think I'n being a bit special :/
  • randomhero1090

@BRISTOL86

I just don't think anything has changed and that people have got the wrong idea. Guess we will see when the game drops. If Negredo starts outrunning Bailly we'll find out!

@BRISTOL86

Maybe.

I am completely going on a different direction on how I am going to build my first team... and quite frankly, I am excited.

Look, the lower rated players might get a boost, but they will won't be Neymar/Messi/Ron with boosts.

Check out Messi on Finisher. FFS!!!! 99 long shot and 98 shot power. That's HUGE. +15 bump on both stats should result in more goals. Period.
  • Acker
    1197 posts Moderator
    What we don't yet know is the IG stat increases of a IF player will be interesting to see if they have increased more ingame stats rather than just the +1/2 OVR card stats
  • randomhero1090
    Acker wrote: »
    What we don't yet know is the IG stat increases of a IF player will be interesting to see if they have increased more ingame stats rather than just the +1/2 OVR card stats

Correct.
  • PhilP
    DiddyBCFC wrote: »
    Link to this FutWiz where you can apply consumables please? Think I'n being a bit special :/

its on any player card page.
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    Jason1986 wrote: »
    Before getting my knickers in a twist, I'd like to see the individual in game stats that are affected by applying a chemistry card.

I think that's where the difference will be between an average player plus chemistry card and an elite player. These lesser rated players will still have their original values for the vast majority of their in game stats.

Go to futwiz.com and check a player
  • Warren
    1443 posts Play-Off Hero

M

You can boost a stat by up to +37 if you have the right head coaches, training card and chemistry style :open_mouth:
  • California
    3893 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    Anyone who buys below a 3rd inform is wasting their coins.

Just enjoy day one cards now.

Informs and special cards are not that special as its been proven. #chemgate
  • stevvix
    8968 posts League Winner
    jamcd wrote: »
    Another thing I have just realised is that you could essentially sub a player on at the start of the game and play him anywhere regardless of who he links with, and still have 7 chemistry with him.

"A player who comes on as a substitute: 25% from Team Chemistry & 75% from Static Individual Player Chemistry of 5."

So if you have 100 team chemistry with a BPL team, you could sub on Alaba at CAM in the 1st minute and he will have 7 chemistry?

No, as said in the quote, all subs have a chem of 5