Official statement on FUT Chemistry

Dawud
16135 posts World Class
edited September 2016
https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/tips-and-tricks/how-chemistry-works-in-fut-17

Hey FIFA Fans,

Before we kick-off FIFA 17, we wanted to give you a closer look into the numbers behind Chemistry in FIFA 17 Ultimate Team.

The first point to keep in mind is that the effects of Chemistry are applied to players at the start of the game. These effects are governed by a combination of Team Chemistry and Individual Player Chemistry.

A player in the starting XI: 25% from Team Chemistry & 75% from Individual Player Chemistry.
A player who comes on as a substitute: 25% from Team Chemistry & 75% from Static Individual Player Chemistry of 5.
This means that whilst substitutes benefit from being in a team with high Chemistry, they won’t receive the effects of Individual Player Chemistry.

The following formula shows how the effects of Chemistry on Player Attributes are calculated:

(Team Chemistry*.25) + ((Player Chemistry*10)*.75)

If the resulting number is greater than 50, players’ attributes start to improve towards their maximum of 99.
If the resulting number is 50, the number is neutral and the player receives no changes from their base attributes.
If the resulting number is 49 or lower, the players’ attributes are reduced towards their minimum of 1.
A player in the Starting XI with 100 Team Chemistry and 10 Player Chemistry

(100*.25) + ((10*10)*.75)
= 25 + 75
= 100 (99)
A Substitute with 100 Team Chemistry

(100*.25) + ((5*10)*.75)
= 25 + 37.5
= 62.5
Chemistry Styles

The following table outlines the attribute values a player with 100/10 chemistry will receive, broken down by chemistry style.

CLICK HERE FOR TABLE

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hs6p-ur6JQfJSxLI37iaWV6bUqgwd6LC6y6Y1tQEwV8/pubhtml

(In some rare instances there will be a minor variation of the exact attribute value received by a player due to the effects of how each platform's processor handles floating point operations prior to the application of chemistry.)

A player with 10 Player Chemistry and 100 Team Chemistry on Xbox One/PS4

With the Sniper Chemistry Style, the player's Shooting attributes will gain 10 points to Positioning, 15 points to Finishing, 10 points to Volleys and 15 points to Penalties. Not every attribute receives a boost however, for example Shot Power and Long Shots remain the same.

Team Management In-Game

Once in-game, Team Management has no effect on chemistry, this includes but is not limited to formation and position changes.

Stamina

Physical attributes are affected by a player’s stamina during the match. The attributes affected are as follows:

Acceleration
Agility
Jumping
Strength
Reactions
Marking
The information in this post will be kept up to date should any adjustments be made ahead of or during FUT 17.

As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to the many unique squads you’ll create this year.
Post edited by Dawud on

Comments

• bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    bztQWHu.gif
  • Dawud
    16135 posts World Class
    Chem styles are so OP, +15 to finishing and +10 to positioning
  • Jim
    1383 posts Professional
    Dawud wrote: »
    https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/tips-and-tricks/how-chemistry-works-in-fut-17

(In some rare instances there will be a minor variation of the exact attribute value received by a player due to the effects of how each platform's processor handles floating point operations prior to the application of chemistry.)

What? Is that basically, "Here's how Chem works. Oh, and sometimes it doesn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something

This was the other revalation of chemgate: that chem boosts were pretty big, not subtle at all. So that IF Jonas I bought week one last year was missing out on like +10 or more to shooting stats in order to get +1 to defending.

It was a one-two punch. Not only were none of my players affected by chemistry, but it was actually enough in most cases to matter.

Anyway, doc link is still broken as of a minute ago, but once fixed looks like a comprehensive guide. Curious if we'all be able to see boosts in-game? Does the video show?
  • BlitzersNL
    25004 posts Player of the Year
    @HeavyMCD finally going to get some sleep
  • bear

deadeye looks bananas
  • heavymcd
    Jim wrote: »

What? Is that basically, "Here's how Chem works. Oh, and sometimes it doesn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "

Nah they're just allowing for minor variation (probably no more than plus or minus one) due to differences in the ALU of the platforms. Literally rounding errors.

Documenting them would have just made the guide confusing.
  • Dawud
    16135 posts World Class
    heavymcd wrote: »

This was the other revalation of chemgate: that chem boosts were pretty big, not subtle at all. So that IF Jonas I bought week one last year was missing out on like +10 or more to shooting stats in order to get +1 to defending.

It was a one-two punch. Not only were none of my players affected by chemistry, but it was actually enough in most cases to matter.

Anyway, doc link is still broken as of a minute ago, but once fixed looks like a comprehensive guide. Curious if we'all be able to see boosts in-game? Does the video show?

Safe to say IF's still aren't worth the coins? you can use the NIF stick a chem style and they will still have better IG's.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Hunter 10k confirmed
  • Jim
    1383 posts Professional
    Jim wrote: »

Nah they're just allowing for minor variation (probably no more than plus or minus one) due to differences in the ALU of the platforms. Literally rounding errors.

Documenting them would have just made the guide confusing.

I'm hoping that's what it means. And yeah, given the really detailed table they put out it certainly seems like that's all it is.

...but this is EA. There's always a possibility they'll use it as an excuse if somebody finds another glithc.
  • heavymcd

Safe to say IF's still aren't worth the coins? you can use the NIF stick a chem style and they will still have better IG's.

IFs get the boosts now.
  • Dawud
    16135 posts World Class

IFs get the boosts now.

I know but it is worth it to spend a few hundred K on some informs or just use nif and a chem style
  • Shaanxz
    22141 posts Club Captain
    Finally they've ended the high press for 90 mins
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    Finally. Thank you.

No wonder the ratings are lower. My lord.

Just get the web app up now :smiley:
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    edited September 2016
    Nvm
  • heavymcd

IFs get the boosts now.

I know but it is worth it to spend a few hundred K on some informs or just use nif and a chem style

IFs were rarely worth it regardless. But if you've got a few hundred thousand to spend, may as well use the inform...AND a chem style.
  • Whitebeard
    3444 posts National Call-Up
    Chem bonuses are ridiculous. +15 to finishing!?
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Whitebeard wrote: »

Agree, but now I know why the ratings are lower. I mean, NIF Griez with Hunter... Come on.
  • Whitebeard
    3444 posts National Call-Up

Agree, but now I know why the ratings are lower. I mean, NIF Griez with Hunter... Come on.

Griezmann and Ben yedder with hunter :open_mouth:
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    So dumb.
  • Samoook
    64 posts Park Captain
    Considering this example:

A Substitute with 100 Team Chemistry

(100*.25) + ((5*10)*.75)
    = 25 + 37.5
    = 62.5

...and this:

"If the resulting number is greater than 50, players’ attributes start to improve towards their maximum of 99."

It's right to say that the substitute's stats will keep exactly as the card, or, considering chemistry style, even better?

...and, there is no difference between a final note 51 or 100 considering player performance?
  • SaifR
    12858 posts Has That Special Something
    This is absolutely atrocious imo.

Ideally 10 chem would give you base stats and anything below should be a penalty. Otherwise the stats we see in FUTHEAD etc won't actually reflect the stats we'll have IG, but will be grossly inflated.
  • bear
    SaifR wrote: »

Ideally 10 chem would give you base stats and anything below should be a penalty. Otherwise the stats we see in FUTHEAD etc won't actually reflect the stats we'll have IG, but will be grossly inflated.

no, that's a dumb idea
  • heavymcd

So you want to do away with chem styles, obviously (they'd serve no purpose on full chem under your system).

Personally I'd argue that chem styles give the user more options when team building, and add an element to the game. Nothing is stopping you from applying them too.
  • SaifR
    bear wrote: »

no, that's a dumb idea

If the stats you see on cards are much lower than the IG stats, then what's the point in them?
  • heavymcd
    bear wrote: »

no, that's a dumb idea

If the stats you see on cards are much lower than the IG stats, then what's the point in them?

Because you see the chem style as well, and it acts in a known, predictable fashion?
  • ContraCode64
    2737 posts Fans' Favourite
    So deadeye actually boosts the finishing stat more than the finisher chem style does?

fbcommentphotostaylorlautner,fbfunnyimagestaylorlautner,taylorlautner,taylorlautnerfbpics-5ccdb0dc43093673ae43d5a79e7cba93_h.jpg
  • SaifR

So you want to do away with chem styles, obviously (they'd serve no purpose on full chem under your system).

Personally I'd argue that chem styles give the user more options when team building, and add an element to the game. Nothing is stopping you from applying them too.

On second thoughts I don't mind chem styles, but they shouldn't be so extreme. E.g. a Hunter card should only boost pace & shooting stats by 3 as a maximum, not like +10 or +15. That's just ridiculous.
  • heavymcd
    So deadeye actually boosts the finishing stat more than the finisher chem style does?

fbcommentphotostaylorlautner,fbfunnyimagestaylorlautner,taylorlautner,taylorlautnerfbpics-5ccdb0dc43093673ae43d5a79e7cba93_h.jpg

Hadn't noticed that.

Suddenly curious how accurate that table is.
  • heavymcd

On second thoughts I don't mind chem styles, but they shouldn't be so extreme. E.g. a Hunter card should only boost pace & shooting stats by 3 as a maximum, not like +10 or +15. That's just ridiculous.

OTOH, a +3 bump on somebody who has 70+ finishing is pointless. You do want them to matter. It's a fine line.