Midweek football thread

Comments

• XxRichiexRichxX
    32194 posts National Team Captain
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    Tbf if that Pogba shot went in this forum would have a totally different tone.

Agreed. He could have had 2 goals this season. First shot barely wide iirc, and then the cross bar.

Honestly I think he's just so anxious to get that first goal that when he gets it he can relax a little
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year

Agreed. He could have had 2 goals this season. First shot barely wide iirc, and then the cross bar.

Honestly I think he's just so anxious to get that first goal that when he gets it he can relax a little

Im pretty sure he's gonna be just fine when he settles in boys got some serious talent.. Just as fergy said though his agent is a nuisance to deal with.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain

Needs stability around him. I think it was perhaps a bit foolish to plonk all that money on him, when the glaring lack of quality around him in midfield is so abundantly apparent.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    Agent VZ wrote: »

Im pretty sure he's gonna be just fine when he settles in boys got some serious talent.. Just as fergy said though his agent is a nuisance to deal with.

Yeah and rightfully so
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Agent VZ wrote: »

Yeah and rightfully so

Found the Kroos comment really disrespectful.. I guess most people by now take his comments with a pinch of salt..
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    I think Pogba will be fine overtime when Mourinho sorts out the midfield.

He needs someone disciplined to stay in front of the back 4. Wouldn't mind seeing snheiderlin or blind do that role with herrera on his right and pogba on his left. Also wouldn't mind seeing TFM given a go there

Agreed. I'd prefer Schneiderlin personally cover the other two because I think he's a better passer of the 3 and would be able to distribute nicely. Blind close second. TFM is just a physical beast though.
  • Reus
    22785 posts Club Captain
    So naturally. Seeing reports that players are unhappy with the way Mourinho used Shaw as a scapegoat for the game.

Also reports Rooney to be dropped for the game this weekend. Finally. Hope it's true.

He didn't play against feyenoord

Maybe he isn't the biggest problem
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited September 2016
    Reus wrote: »
    So naturally. Seeing reports that players are unhappy with the way Mourinho used Shaw as a scapegoat for the game.

Also reports Rooney to be dropped for the game this weekend. Finally. Hope it's true.

Yeah, but it's a problem none the less. I think Rooney needs a proper benching for a couple of games. He was terrible the first half of the season last year, benched, and came back hungry.

I've said it that this biggest problem right now is Mourinho. HE'S controlling the team that takes the pitch and his line up choices and tactics have been bad. He's got to find that balance in the midfield, he's got to find a way to bring the best out of the players. That's just my opinion. He's got to get back to being "ruthless" On the pitch. What he did to Shaw was ****.

For someone who's supposed to be arguably the best manager in the world or top 2...he's making a strong case as to why he's not...
  • Reus
    22785 posts Club Captain

Yeah, but it's a problem none the less. I think Rooney needs a proper benching for a couple of games. He was terrible the first half of the season last year, benched, and came back hungry.

I've said it that this biggest problem right now is Mourinho. HE'S controlling the team that takes the pitch and his line up choices and tactics have been bad. He's got to find that balance in the midfield, he's got to find a way to bring the best out of the players. That's just my opinion. He's got to get back to being "ruthless" On the pitch. What he did to Shaw was ****.

For someone who's supposed to be arguably the best manager in the world or top 2...he's making a strong case as to why he's not...

From what iv seen your problem is your midfield don't pass well enough and don't move well enough
  • XxRichiexRichxX

From what iv seen your problem is your midfield don't pass well enough and don't move well enough

I agree 100% and while Rooney can pass the ball well...he's lacking the consistency currently. Like I said if Mou is going to insist on playing him...start him from the bench and come in late. Or bench for a couple games and get that hunger going again.

Schneiderlin
    Ander-Pogba

That should be the midfield trio IMO assuming we stick to 433
  • Reus
    22785 posts Club Captain
    Just seen serge gnabrys goal :o
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Just seen serge gnabrys goal :o

:cry:
  • Gaarl
    3650 posts National Call-Up
    Blind as a CDM next to Pogba with Smalling and Bailly CBs, that would sort it imo
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016

I agree 100% and while Rooney can pass the ball well...he's lacking the consistency currently. Like I said if Mou is going to insist on playing him...start him from the bench and come in late. Or bench for a couple games and get that hunger going again.

Schneiderlin
    Ander-Pogba

For tough games I'd go with that in fairness with pace down the wings. Or when teams stick 11 behind the ball then swap Blind for Schneiderlin.

Actually there's no reason why we couldn't play:

Schneiderlin
    Mata & Pogba
    Rash/ Mhki / Martial
    Ibra

Would be nice to see how that played with mata to help control the midfield and help pogba out. Obviously weaker defensively but with a better ball player in there might help things happen.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited September 2016

Schneiderlin
    Ander-Pogba

For tough games I'd go with that in fairness with pace down the wings. Or when teams stick 11 behind the ball then swap Blind for Schneiderlin.

Schneiderlin
    Mata & Pogba
    Rash/ Mhki / Martial
    Ibra

Would be nice to see how that played with mata to help control the midfield and help pogba out. Obviously weaker defensively but with a better ball player in there might help things happen.

Are you suggesting 3 back?
  • jenksiee123
    21969 posts Club Captain
    Buzzing for Barca - Atletico the morra.
  • hoban95
    49798 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Buzzing for Barca - Atletico the morra.

Same man!
  • FLASHFLUSH1

Schneiderlin
    Ander-Pogba

Schneiderlin
    Mata & Pogba
    Rash/ Mhki / Martial
    Ibra

Nah **** that 4 at the back, think about it 12 players on the pitch, why has nobody thought of that? :joy:

Yeah my bad got a bit carried away lol. Remove Mhki.

Schneiderlin
    Mata/pogba
    Rash/ibra/martial.

• XxRichiexRichxX

Schneiderlin
    Ander-Pogba

Schneiderlin
    Mata & Pogba
    Rash/ Mhki / Martial
    Ibra

Nah **** that 4 at the back, think about it 12 players on the pitch, why has nobody thought of that? :joy:

Schneiderlin
    Mata/pogba
    Rash/ibra/martial.

Lol. I was confused. I think Mkh should be at RW honestly. Have Rashford come in late. Or Mkh could even play where Mata is, but I think he'd be better at RW when healthy
  • FLASHFLUSH1

Schneiderlin
    Ander-Pogba

Schneiderlin
    Mata & Pogba
    Rash/ Mhki / Martial
    Ibra

Schneiderlin
    Mata/pogba
    Rash/ibra/martial.

Lol. I was confused. I think Mkh should be at RW honestly. Have Rashford come in late. Or Mkh could even play where Mata is, but I think he'd be better at RW when healthy

Yeah or that I don't mind. Just might be an idea sticking a good ball player in there instead of fellaini simply because he's big
  • tauras
    3852 posts National Call-Up
    That cahill needs a slap egit.
  • jenksiee123
    21969 posts Club Captain
    Good header that
  • hoban95
    Embarrassment. Absolute embarrassment, give up with this defense.
  • P1stolpete187
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    Take it chelsea are losing
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2016
    Cahill was unreal during the title-winning season, now he seems like a complete donkey.

What a fall from grace.
  • hoban95
    Snipguy wrote: »
    Cahill was unreal during the title-winning season, now he seems like a complete donkey.

What a fall from grace.

His touch takes a tour of London every week.
  • UpstartCaesar
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    bang bang bang
  • LFC Simon 98
    18248 posts World Class
    Klavan goal. What a baller

Another good hit from Xhaka. Bad keeping mind you
  • hey guys my web app account is linked to my ps4 account but I want it to link to my xbox... how do I do this?
  • jenksiee123
    21969 posts Club Captain
    Both his finishes have been unreal