Sunderland A.F.C. || The Road To Redemption || Automatic Promotion!

Comments

• Chris
    5401 posts Big Money Move
    Ashy wrote: »
    Can't remember if I've seen a story in here where someone starts as a big club like Sunderland in League 2, so this will be fascinating to follow, I hope it goes down like that anyway :)
    I figured it would be unique, and its something I usually do in a private CM anyway
    JamieC wrote: »
    Who said anything about League 2?

Spanish league then? I'm sure Sunderland could find a way to avoid tax there ;)

And find workarounds if they are given "transfer bans"
    A merger with Newcastle... ;)

If that happened a black hole will appear and swallow up the whole of the north of England xD

Haha it would
    So who would replace them if they were sent down the leagues?
    All will be explained
    Hmmmm, very interesting. Being so new to,the sport I kinda know what happened with Rangers but judging from your other responses it looks like you might not be doing what everyone else is thinking. Bringing Sunderland back up from league 2 would be hell of fun to watch.
    Honestly, I tried thinking of a situation where this would happen, that wasn't the Rangers deal, but I couldn't haha
  • Chris
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I like the financial difficulty story line and it's really relevant to football today with all the big money around. What happens when it dries up? like in this story - interesting times ahead.
    It's an eventuality in my opinion

League 2 has been a popular opinion, I've had this story planned for a while though so you'll to see

• o ShifTyZz o
    1334 posts Professional
    Definitely interesting so far.
  • Chris
    Definitely interesting so far.

Thanks bro
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm starting a CM too vote for my team here
    https://goo.gl/q5SNMC
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Chris wrote: »
    League 2 has been a popular opinion
    Yeah it surely would be a more than tough challenge, but it would be fun to follow. :)
  • Chris
    TVJRDs2.png

Its official. The company, Sunderland LTD., the company which operated Sunderland A.F.C., has been liquidated. HMRC made clear a few days ago that it would vote against a proposed Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA), and their formal rejection of the proposed CVA from Sunderland, means that the company which operated Sunderland has been liquidated.

Moving forward the club will have to be reformed under a new company structure, with the clubs assets being sold, with bids already rumoured to be materializing. The club will have to re-apply to compete in the Premier League next season, however it is unlikely that they're application will be accepted, with a drop to the English Football League likely.

Little to no news has came from the club itself, as the future of all the players, and staff members, in doubt. An official statement from administrators, Paradigm Norton, is likely in the coming days.
  • Cody22775
    edited September 2016
    it will be interesting to see this story develope

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2016
    Liquidation, wow...
    & Paradigm Norton is a great name.
  • Ashy
    9774 posts League Winner
    Dark days over there at Sunderland right now, expecting them to begin their new journey in League 2 but you could pull a curve ball who knows?!
  • Wyojasond
    11626 posts Has That Special Something
    :( Always sad news when liquidation happens. Loving this storyline though. Eager to see what happens next
  • Tekkonkinkreet
    446 posts Sunday League Hero
    This story is like a dream. KIU
  • ale85bg
    Liquidation, wow...
    I agree. Even if it reminds me about the 'Norton' software for PC. :joy:
  • Chris
    This story is like a dream. KIU
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Liquidation, wow...
    I agree. Even if it reminds me about the 'Norton' software for PC. :joy:

Hahaha alrighty
  • Chris
    jE9nGx9.png

In a triumphant return, Niall Quinn has led the Sunder-Ireland consortium into the purchase of the Sunderland A.F.C. assets. The return of the Black Cats legend brings an end to the financial turmoil Sunderland found themselves in. Made up with former Wearside stars, and business men, from both Ireland and Sunderland, the Sunder-Ireland consortium have vowed to once again make Sunderland a steady ship, with safeguards being implemented in order to prevent this happening again.

In a statement, Niall Quinn said, "When I left Sunderland a few years back, I thought that was it for myself and the club. I love the club, and the people of Sunderland, but at the time it certainly felt like the right decision. When I was last here, yes the club was in debt, but in no more debt than the rest of the league; I have no idea what has gone on since my departure."

He added, "When I saw the trouble the club was in, I knew I had to intervene. I couldn't allow another Ellis Short to take control of the club, I had to make sure it was in safe hands, and I believe the Sunder-Ireland consortium to be those safe hands. I will be resuming my role as Sunderland chairman as soon as possible, in order to begin carrying over contracts of the players".

The Premier League confirmed today that Sunderland had launched an application to compete in the Premier League and released the following statement, "At 1.30pm today, we received an application from Sunderland Association Football Club to compete in the 2016 / 2017 Premier League season. After consulting with the Football League and the FA, a vote is to be held amongst the current 19 Premier League clubs, on whether or not Sunderland should be re-instated in the league or not. The results will be released in the coming days".
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice update

When do we find out. ^^
  • Chris
    Nice update

When do we find out. ^^

Probably tomorrow if I remember haha, I normally post these like 10 minutes before heading to bed
  • ale85bg
    Nice choice. Now we must hope at least 10 teams say "yes". :)
  • Chris

Hopefully hey haha
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Is it wrong that I'm hoping they say no? :D
  • Chris wrote: »

Hopefully hey haha

Luckily Newcastle isn't one of the teams voting :D
  • Wyojasond
    11626 posts Has That Special Something
    Hmmmm. Another interesting twist. Personally I hope they don't let you stay up :p
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Big Niall - good work. Now I'm interested to see what happens next. Down or stay = nice bit of drama.
  • Cody22775
    I'm not sure wether I want them to stay up or not. I guess we will just have to wait and see
  • ale85bg
    Cody22775 wrote: »
    I'm not sure wether I want them to stay up or not. I guess we will just have to wait and see
    Hopefully they're staying up then. :)
  • theodom101
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Interesting start to this. Probably wouldn't hurt to drop down a division or two and build from the ground up.
  • Cody22775
    edited September 2016
    theodom101 wrote: »
    Interesting start to this. Probably wouldn't hurt to drop down a division or two and build from the ground up.

I'm thinking if that ended up happening though, realistically he would lose many many players who even if the club could afford them they wouldn't want to play in a lower league so... ya know... its tricky
  • Ashy
    9774 posts League Winner
    I'm hoping they don't allow you in the Premier League :D Liking the build up so far though!
  • Chris
    Is it wrong that I'm hoping they say no? :D

Hmmmm. Another interesting twist. Personally I hope they don't let you stay up :p
    Ashy wrote: »
    I'm hoping they don't allow you in the Premier League :D Liking the build up so far though!

Hahahaha thanks guys
  • Chris
    rqULCEt.png

It's official - Sunderland's decade long tenure in the Premier League is over after the majority of teams voted to reject the Black Cats application to play in the league. The Premier League made a big decision by tabling the decision to the other teams in the league who voted, in a 17 to 2 split, in favor of rejecting Wearside.

Just when it seemed that Sunderland were back on track with the arrival of Niall Quinn, and the Sunder-Ireland consortium, this curve leaves Sunderland's future in doubt. The manager-less club now looks towards the Football League for a positive decision regarding where they will compete next season.

However, on a note of some hope, the worst case scenairo for Sunderland next season, is League 2 football. The Football League announced that they would accept Sunderland into one of their divisions, following the Premier League's decision, but once again a vote will go to the teams. The 72 Football League clubs will all be voting on whether Sunderland should be competing in the Championship, League 1, or League 2.

The results of the vote are expected in the coming days.