Am I too old for Fifa?

Comments

• goat_zen
    15 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2016
    Totally agree with all of you guys, we are never too old to play and at the end it's all about fun. However, in my opinion if you don't get some kind of reward while playing a videogame, then there's no fun also. Being stuck forever in a 1:1 win/loss ratio basically means no progress and no motivation to continue, that's why I've started thinking if it's time to invest my little free time playing another videogame before I buy the new release. If the age is not the real issue, then it must be about the game dynamics that rise regurarly the difficulty bar giving you no chance to progress and keeping you chasing the impossible (and buy the next fifa)
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm 24. Having grown up with games, I fully expect I will still be playing them when I'm 44. In the past, adults playing video games has had a big of a stigma associated with it but I think it is going to become more and more normal as the 'playstation generation' enters adulthood.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    Stular wrote: »
    If ya wife hasn't left you. You're still good man!
    Wife? What is that what u speak of? Is it eatable?
    Some of its parts are indeed edible. :tongue:

• Stular
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    the way I see it is that.. the younger kids are happy to exploit the game where they can in order to win. Us older chaps want to play beautiful football, the way it should be played and win that way.. refuse to accept that you can make a killer lob over the top when off balance and facing the wrong way, because its not 'realistic'

Huge disparity between the age group in terms of mindset. I will stick to playing the game properly and not exploiting, which hinders progress but makes me happy!
  • otutsarTR
    152 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    otutsarTR wrote: »
    goat_zen wrote: »
    Keep on ...

Am 38 and playin since fifa 95 on pc ...

I started me too playing Fifa 94 on PC, actually the first soccer game I played was Sensible Soccer. After 98 I had a black out until 13, first thing I thought after 15 years was...how the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I ll manage to learn all these controls!

Haha in the old days it was literally just run up the wing and cross, it's so different no........ oh wait

Hi caged, you are one of the old over30ies forum right? Every year this time i get active with the forum for the new release, then move to over30ies forum. Last year i was quite busy tough, could not even attend to the other site. Cheers

Yeah it was decent, we should get one going again, i know Bristol and a few others would definitely attend

The last time we tried , we were not allowed : ) what we have talked about years ( which caused the lounge to be closed ) apperantly came to reality with the chem scandal. Anyways if there would be one, i will be around.
  • Silky_Seward
    441 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm 48 and still going. I've played since Fifa 95. Also SNES and god forbid I mention the Philips G7000 and the ZX spectrum. Even as far back as the ZX80 lol.

Keep on going, your reactions will get better as mine have. That's what keeps me alive. Looking forward to 17.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    I'm 30 and I notice that I'm not able to react as quickly as I could say ten years ago. Observe kids learning any motor skill (think things like learning an instrument etc.) and it's staggering how quickly they can get their minds to tell their hands to do something new/different - not so much the case when age is against you.
    31 here and I feel exactly the same.
    Not long ago I started training with a volleyball team (mostly made of people who never played volleball in their lives) and I'm really baffled seeing how easily the players aged 18-22 learn the run-up, the way to properly spike a ball and such, while on the other hand I'm still trying to find the right timing to jump and I don't know if I ever will. :joy:
  • Kitchmix
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm 39, I play pro clubs more than anything.. my age is not good for EA because I'm wise enough not to bother with FUT and realise in my "old" age that there are many many things in this world to spend money in rather than waste it buying packs !
  • FinneganFach
    2123 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kurt wrote: »
    Think with FIFA you get better with age ( to a limit of course) wheras games like Cod I think will be tough to compete with the younger guys.

I'm 30 and I'm infinitely better at COD than FIFA.

I barely manage a 1.1 win/loss ratio in ultimate team, haha.
  • lordCriper
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    38 here and still gaming, don't see an end to that either. As long as you have fun, keep going.
  • QceCapo
    5632 posts Big Money Move
    I'm 37 too. We have grown up in the video game generation.....my wife sent me an article the other day saying that the average age of online video game players is 35. We grew up with Nintendo, Sega, etc....and even further back than that with Atari and Intellivision.
  • Samoook
    64 posts Park Captain
    32 here! We are never too old to play... :)
  • Deadly_Dexter
    444 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am 35. Never too old, just a question of too little time.

It can also grate to play against people who are massively annoying when you have precious little time to play. I haven't been able to play FIFA or be near the forums this year but still intend to get hold of the game and try again. As long as it's fun - do it...and anyway....

BtD9ZPxIEAExfai.jpg
  • They Caged Non
    6387 posts Big Money Move
    Keep on ...

I started me too playing Fifa 94 on PC, actually the first soccer game I played was Sensible Soccer. After 98 I had a black out until 13, first thing I thought after 15 years was...how the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I ll manage to learn all these controls!

Haha in the old days it was literally just run up the wing and cross, it's so different no........ oh wait

Hi caged, you are one of the old over30ies forum right? Every year this time i get active with the forum for the new release, then move to over30ies forum. Last year i was quite busy tough, could not even attend to the other site. Cheers

Yeah it was decent, we should get one going again, i know Bristol and a few others would definitely attend

The last time we tried , we were not allowed : ) what we have talked about years ( which caused the lounge to be closed ) apperantly came to reality with the chem scandal. Anyways if there would be one, i will be around.

haha yeah weren't we just seen as moaning old codgers with tin foil hats on lol

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Keep on ...

Word

(I think that's what the urban youth say these days)
  • ftw247
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2016
    30 here, have your fun when you can is my advice!

Play with lesser squad, so you don't have as high expectations on FUT.
    I go with my national team, so win or lose its all good!

You could always do Career if you get tired of the grind!
    Building players from the academy and finding gems is fun:

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2016/fifa-17-player-ratings-career-mode-hidden-gems
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    I am 35. Never too old, just a question of too little time.

It can also grate to play against people who are massively annoying when you have precious little time to play. I haven't been able to play FIFA or be near the forums this year but still intend to get hold of the game and try again. As long as it's fun - do it...and anyway....

BtD9ZPxIEAExfai.jpg

Love the username. I wanted to call my FUT team the Bay Harbor Butchers but it doesn't fit!
  • fairplr
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2016
    I am older than you and still enjoying the game
    One of my friend have played with me and criticized the way i played
    He showed me where are my weakness ,that helped me a lot
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    How can you be too old for something you enjoy? If you enjoy something and it doesn't hurt anyone, crack on. Life's too short.
  • Kloral
    3896 posts National Call-Up
    I'm pushing later 20s now and have played Fifa for over 10 years. I would say I'm half decent, for example my record this year online only was around 600-280.

I don't think age comes into it, its down to your habits and how you play. Us older lot tend to watch real life football and try to mimic it rather than abuse the flaws in each game which likely holds us back.
  • Kloral
    3896 posts National Call-Up
    Kurt wrote: »
    Think with FIFA you get better with age ( to a limit of course) wheras games like Cod I think will be tough to compete with the younger guys.

I'm 30 and I'm infinitely better at COD than FIFA.

I barely manage a 1.1 win/loss ratio in ultimate team, haha.

I've got worse at FPS over the years. I used to be awesome at CoD and Halo but as I've got older my KDA has got worse. I don't know if it is just that I play less though.