Haha Ronaldo not playing due too....

BU11ET
1198 posts Professional
A bloody sore throat. Wish I didn't have to go to work due to a poxy sore throat.

Comments

• Fab
    18146 posts World Class
    i think this settles the messi ronaldo debate once and for all
  • Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something
    BU11ET wrote: »
    A bloody sore throat. Wish I didn't have to go to work due to a poxy sore throat.

But he needs his throat to be able to run, pass and score goals
  • hoban95
    49493 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Fab wrote: »
    i think this settles the messi ronaldo debate once and for all

:joy:
  • centenary88
    622 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ..... A ladder in his tights??
  • xHerdie
    4096 posts National Call-Up
    Just out of curiosity... have you ever played with an actual sore throat? Not a little scratchy one. It's pretty difficult tbh

Not defending him cause I could care less but no need to bash him if he really is sick
  • Andybelfast
    xHerdie wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity... have you ever played with an actual sore throat? Not a little scratchy one. It's pretty difficult tbh

Not defending him cause I could care less but no need to bash him if he really is sick

Come on mate. A sore throat? If he was dying with the flu constantly vomiting etc could see why but not a sore throat. If I asked my boss for a day off because I had a sore throat I think I know his reply lol
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class

Come on mate. A sore throat? If he was dying with the flu constantly vomiting etc could see why but not a sore throat. If I asked my boss for a day off because I had a sore throat I think I know his reply lol
    I think you underestimate how badly it would affect his performance, would cause respiratory problems for sure. At the pace the game is played players need to be 100% fit most of the time, a sore throat can badly impact your breathing especially when doing sprints, lots of running etc.
  • centenary88
    622 posts An Exciting Prospect

Youre not defending him but you want peeps to stop bashing him hahahaa

I heard his tan was smudged so he doesnt want to be seen in public :) allegedly lol
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    so does this mean ronaldo technically wont have the highest card on fifa for even a week?
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

Its really not comparable.

His boss has chosen not to play him because he has something more important coming up than the game today.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Recardo wrote: »
    so does this mean ronaldo technically wont have the highest card on fifa for even a week?

VkA9U7j.jpg
  • BU11ET
    1198 posts Professional
    Peter wrote: »

Its really not comparable.

His boss has chosen not to play him because he has something more important coming up than the game today.

I would call this game very important to real due to the fact if they win they will hold the joint record with barca for the most consecutive wins.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    I would call this game very important to real due to the fact if they win they will hold the joint record with barca for the most consecutive wins.

I would say Real Madrid care more about Ronaldo's health than some obscure and meaningless record (well not really a record, but tying a record).
  • Andybelfast

I would say Real Madrid care more about Ronaldo's health than some obscure and meaningless record (well not really a record, but tying a record).

He's a sore throat mate. His health isn't in danger he will live on
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain

I think you underestimate how badly it would affect his performance, would cause respiratory problems for sure. At the pace the game is played players need to be 100% fit most of the time, a sore throat can badly impact your breathing especially when doing sprints, lots of running etc.

This is very true, although I am pretty sure most footballers play with niggling problems. Thierry Henry for example said in his entire career he felt 100% in less than 10 games.

Although, a sore throat can be early signs of viral/bacterial infection, so it's probably more than that.

Not worth getting run down and being ill longer.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7753 posts League Winner
    Says flu on the BBC lol
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26044 posts Player of the Year
    For 300k + a week, should take more to deserve a day off.
  • Andybelfast

• Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Sore throat or not these are professionals and every game has high stakes. I wouldn't play him.
  • Dan is Clutch
    25503 posts Player of the Year
    Maybe Zidane doesn't want whatever Ronaldo has to spread throughout the squad?
  • Azof
    16793 posts World Class
    didn't know there were so many doctors on the forum
  • Peter
    Man flu is a serious thing anyway, dont play it down
  • CandyRat
    7808 posts League Winner
    You should never practise with a sore throat or illness, can have affects on the heart
  • Andybelfast
    Peter wrote: »
    Man flu is a serious thing anyway, dont play it down

Haha well when you put it like that suppose your right mate. Have been at deaths door a few times with it
  • Recardo
    9097 posts League Winner
    if i owned something that cost 80 million and it had a fault. im pretty sure i would put it to ones side and fix it rather than running it into the ground.
  • Gaarl
    3650 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    If he played with it and had a bad game, Zidane would be in the firing line for not resting Ronaldo when he wasn't 100%.

He shouldn't be playing, what FifaBoss said was spot on.
  • CFCsjmishra
    8935 posts League Winner
    edited September 2016
    What the actual. How do you know what has happened to him?

smh

@BlitzersNL Add this to your collection.
  • BU11ET
    1198 posts Professional
    What the actual. How do you know what has happened to him?

smh

@BlitzersNL Add this to your collection.

During the villarreal game the commentators was on about why he wasn't playing.
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    Comments like this are so so stupid. Like those ones you see on Facebook that compare armed forces pay to footballers pay.
  • Peter
    Comments like this are so so stupid. Like those ones you see on Facebook that compare armed forces pay to footballers pay.

Have you seen the satirical take on that? The government sanctions 100k a week army wages; and go bankrupt in a week so sky buy the rights to show live wars etc