Sunderland A.F.C. || The Road To Redemption || Automatic Promotion!

Comments

• Wyojasond
    11560 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm curious to see who you bring in as manager. Moyes adds some storylines, but I have a funny feeling your going a different route.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm going to miss seeing Big Sam walk out of the tunnel at half-time with a cup of tea :)
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm calling it, Roy Hodgson xD
  • Ashy
    9730 posts League Winner
    I hope you go a different route with the new manager, imagine the scenes if it is Titus Bramble!
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sir Alex is back hah probably not
  • I hope for a different manager other than Moyes, as I feel that could limit possible storytelling.

Could go with someone completely unknown, or could use someone like Ian Holloway.

I hear Peter Odemwingie is parked outside the ground hoping to get in ;)
  • Chris
    5400 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2016
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Chris wrote: »
    He leaves Sunderland after nine months, and the Black Cats are now looking for their ninth manager in eight years.
    According to these figures, it looks like the Sunderland chairman is Massimo Cellino. :joy:
    Haha, our chairman is useless honestly, can't wait til they leave
    Wonder if it'll be Moyes, or someone else.
    Expect the unexpected
    I'm curious to see who you bring in as manager. Moyes adds some storylines, but I have a funny feeling your going a different route.
    Who knows hey?
    BistroXII wrote: »
    I'm going to miss seeing Big Sam walk out of the tunnel at half-time with a cup of tea :)
    England in the World Cup final against Italy, he struts out with a hot bovril and a bag of mccoys
  • Chris
    I'm calling it, Roy Hodgson xD
    I'm not spoiling the choice but its not what people expect. It's 100% not Woy though
    Ashy wrote: »
    I hope you go a different route with the new manager, imagine the scenes if it is Titus Bramble!
    Big Titus is back haha
    Cody22775 wrote: »
    Sir Alex is back hah probably not
    Hopeful thinking
    JamieC wrote: »
    I hope for a different manager other than Moyes, as I feel that could limit possible storytelling.

Could go with someone completely unknown, or could use someone like Ian Holloway.

I hear Peter Odemwingie is parked outside the ground hoping to get in ;)
    Maybe he's been bumping into Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert who have been hanging around the bins since Moyes came in
  • Chris
    Not one person commented about the most important part of the last article ;)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck mate! I'm intrigued to see how you do with this team and how long it takes before you don't have any of these players anymore.
  • Greenman019
    edited September 2016
    Not one person commented about the most important part of the last article ;)

The financial turmoil and needing to sell lots of players?
  • Chris
    edited September 2016
    LtoW1ng.png

Groundbreaking news coming out of the Stadium of Light as, after being assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) regarding their use of the employee benefit trust fund (EBT), have been taken to court over fines and debt surrounding this situation. Figures up to nine figures have rumored, and if this is true, the results could of be the end of Sunderland as we know them.

Sunderland's debt over the recent years has been very much public knowledge, but there was no indication of a possible tax fraud occurring within Sunderland A.F.C.. In a press conference a few days ago, Ellis Short claimed the E.B.T. was a valid form of tax avoidance, however in a secret recording, the American is heard to have said that the club could go out of business if the matter is taken to court. A representative from HMRC said the situation was like Rangers all over again, and that the recent moving within Sunderland have been "rats escaping a sinking ship".

Upon discussions with HMRC, Ellis Short refused to remit the pay-as-you-go tax to his employees. On 31st of June, Sunderland filed legal papers at the Court of Session giving notice of their intention to enter administration. The following day HMRC petitioned the court for authority to appoint their choice of administrator, but this was unsuccessful, and on the following day Sunderland officially entered administration on 1st of July 2016, after appointing Bristol-based financial advisers
    Paradigm Norton as administrators.

It's now the 2nd of July, and no body quite knows what the future holds for Sunderland A.F.C.. It is likely now that the club will enter liquidation but the process is still on going, and anything could happen.
    Post edited by Chris on
  • Greenman019
    So you'll be dropping leagues then, hence the Road to Redemption?

Could be interesting.
  • Chris
    So you'll be dropping leagues then, hence the Road to Redemption?

Could be interesting.

Possibly, possibly
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    A merger with Newcastle... ;)
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2016
    Newcanderland doesn't sound bad after all. Or Sundastle. :joy:
  • Chris

No spoilers right... but no
  • Greenman019

HAHAHA No.

No spoilers right... but no

See ^^

• Chris

Newcanderland hahahahahahaha
  • IAmLikingFlame
    This is going to be really interesting now. Getting ready to see how Sunderland can do in the League Two now. B)
  • theroyalschamp
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    This is looking good, Chris. I feel that you're idea of giving turmoil in the financial sector of the club is a great mind.
  • Chris
    This is going to be really interesting now. Getting ready to see how Sunderland can do in the League Two now. B)
    Who said anything about League 2?
    This is looking good, Chris. I feel that you're idea of giving turmoil in the financial sector of the club is a great mind.
    Thanks bud
  • Ashy
    9730 posts League Winner
    Can't remember if I've seen a story in here where someone starts as a big club like Sunderland in League 2, so this will be fascinating to follow, I hope it goes down like that anyway :)
  • Who said anything about League 2?

Spanish league then? I'm sure Sunderland could find a way to avoid tax there ;)

And find workarounds if they are given "transfer bans"

If that happened a black hole will appear and swallow up the whole of the north of England xD

• Greenman019
    So who would replace them if they were sent down the leagues?
  • Wyojasond
    11560 posts Has That Special Something
    Hmmmm, very interesting. Being so new to,the sport I kinda know what happened with Rangers but judging from your other responses it looks like you might not be doing what everyone else is thinking. Bringing Sunderland back up from league 2 would be hell of fun to watch.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    I like the financial difficulty story line and it's really relevant to football today with all the big money around. What happens when it dries up? like in this story - interesting times ahead.
  • Cody22775
    591 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can't remember if I've seen a story in here where someone starts as a big club like Sunderland in League 2, so this will be fascinating to follow, I hope it goes down like that anyway :)

He never said league 2 did he

• IAmLikingFlame

No, but I did, and everyone sort of went along with it :D
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up

No, but I did, and everyone sort of went along with it :D
    Yeah I thought it could be something like that too.