AI: Too predictable and no errors

Mordax87
23 posts Last Pick at the Park
I quite like the demo. I like the introduction of a low, powerful shot. I think I like the pace of it. And all in all I'm looking forward to play it.

However, the AI opponents are, like earlier years, not fun to play against.
I just had a few matches against both Man City and Tigres. Both had a passing accuracy of 95%+ on Pro difficulty. That's absolutely madness. Neither of the teams took any risk. Same when I played Inter yesterday. No one goes for a counter attack ever. No one tries a long ball... It's just not very fun. And that's a problem for the single player mode Journey - and all other single player modes.
As always most will play FUT, I will too, but I used to love single player too.

That was playing PES though.

I like FIFA better than PES these days for online play. But it's a different story for single player. The PES demo is miles ahead when it comes to AI opponents. I played against Atletico Madrid and they played direct, varied and exciting football.

Please focus on improving this aspect of the game. Especially if you want people to actually bother with The Journey.

Looking forward to get the full version and play online this year though.

Comments

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have to disagree with you. I just played against Man City on Pro difficulty and they played quite direct and were attacking down the middle, taking shots and using the wings to make crosses. And in defence they were pressing high up the pitch. Thought it was quite good actually and I play offline all the time.
  • bigpokey24
    5983 posts Big Money Move
    Mordax87 wrote: »
    I quite like the demo. I like the introduction of a low, powerful shot. I think I like the pace of it. And all in all I'm looking forward to play it.

However, the AI opponents are, like earlier years, not fun to play against.
    I just had a few matches against both Man City and Tigres. Both had a passing accuracy of 95%+ on Pro difficulty. That's absolutely madness. Neither of the teams took any risk. Same when I played Inter yesterday. No one goes for a counter attack ever. No one tries a long ball... It's just not very fun. And that's a problem for the single player mode Journey - and all other single player modes.
    As always most will play FUT, I will too, but I used to love single player too.

That was playing PES though.

I like FIFA better than PES these days for online play. But it's a different story for single player. The PES demo is miles ahead when it comes to AI opponents. I played against Atletico Madrid and they played direct, varied and exciting football.

Please focus on improving this aspect of the game. Especially if you want people to actually bother with The Journey.

Looking forward to get the full version and play online this year though.

how many games did you play, try playing legendary against PSG, then come back and update this thread
  • Mordax87
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    [/quote]
    how many games did you play, try playing legendary against PSG, then come back and update this thread[/quote]

So they start to be worse at passing and more realistic at higher difficulties? Well that's not logical, but great.
  • jjara
    76 posts Park Captain
    I noticed the same. I'm playing on world class and all of the teams are very safe and are horrible finishers. Its almost as if their only aim is to get 60% possession. As soon as I bump it up to legendary it is the same possession based game but they can finish. I can appreciate the possession game when playing top teams but tigres and sounders shouldn't be playing that way