Manual Fifa 17 --> play as 3 star teams in Seasons

Comments

• jrspc
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Paul

And like you I love team building in FUT but the FUT game play is trash.
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    edited September 2016
    I still don't get your point. No question more people should play on manual as it's the most satisfying way to play it but why would you seperate manual players from other manual players with this three star teams restriction? When i play online seasons i select to face only manual opponents. Is it only because you're tired of playing five star teams? Nobody stops you from not choosing them then. I like to play with Bayern and it's good if i play against Real, Barca, juve or whatever but i also like to play with teams like Ajax, Benfica, Lazio or Lyon so i can avoid those top teams. And still i've only played against manual players and i am listed in the manual leaderboard. What else do you need?
  • paul24878306
    5079 posts Big Money Move
    I think its because whenever he tries to select "manual" players he never finds anyone to play. I did try a few times, and every time I select manual I dont get a match.

I need to try next time I play.

• jrspc
    Paul is correct. I have "NEVER" found a manual opponent in seasons no matter what team I select.

NEVER
  • jrspc
    NYX88

Do you find manual players in seasons frequently when you search?
  • nyx88
    1418 posts Professional
    jrspc wrote: »
    NYX88

Do you find manual players in seasons frequently when you search?

Yes most of the time but it depends on the time you play. In the evening i never had problems to find a match.
  • TheBigLebowski
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    just play agaist the assisted players man, you will be trashed sometimes but you will learn. You just have to know that they are doing much less effort then you, but you are better anyway. I play full manual too, and just online.
  • GoonerSoldier
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    The problem is that EA killed our manual community by taking away match lobbies from us. on Fifa16 I was reduced to playing Career Mode, Pro Clubs (even though most kids play assisted), Seasons 3* team only against ANY while I used full manual. The real issue is that 90% of Fifa players do not care about manual enough for EA to take notice. I'm really hoping that more and more players start to realize that Manual games are a beautiful simulation and a real test of who is the best in the game.

Just look at what Fifa 17 did with the revamped penalty system. The PK system is now FULL MANUAL. The shooter actually has to AIM and put weight on the shot. Why can't EA do this to the full game of seasons? At the very least the ANY button should be reduced to SEMI assisted. I try to school these kids on Tactical Defending being a manual way of defending but they never listen. TD works best with manual play.
  • paul24878306
    5079 posts Big Money Move
    I thought tactical was default. Tbh I've never tried legacy

RE manual. It doesn't help that all YouTube guides use mostly manual. Even showing position of sticks on shooting, which will send a manual shot to the corner flag at best.

I can handle everything manual except shooting evening FUT usually. Any lag kills it though, and I have to switch to assisted.
  • GoonerSoldier
    422 posts Sunday League Hero
    I thought tactical was default. Tbh I've never tried legacy

RE manual. It doesn't help that all YouTube guides use mostly manual. Even showing position of sticks on shooting, which will send a manual shot to the corner flag at best.

I can handle everything manual except shooting evening FUT usually. Any lag kills it though, and I have to switch to assisted.

Hey Paul... I too had major issues shooting on target for a long time. It might be because of the angle the camera is on. I just played an entire career season knowing I was going to be horrible at shooting. That one season helped a lot and I can now shoot from almost anywhere on the pitch. Some angles are tough but thats just normal as it would be in real life.
  • ZainAli
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hey Jrd,
    My username is Zain_ali02
  • smnox
    99 posts Park Captain
    PAUL said: (in BOLD)

Id like to know a few things though.

1. Whats the difference between pass and through balls in full manual?? Should I not bother with throughs at all and just place then in the right place normally - or does it change what the receiver does - ie stands to receive a pass and ruins onto a through??
    I strongly believe you answered your own question. I'm not positive this is the case but I think the difference is that it creates a different reaction in the pass receiver

2. Do player stats - not physical ones like strength and pace, or "auto" ones such as interceptions, but ones relevant to "assistance" - make any difference? For instance does an 80 rated passer (short or long) play different to a 60 if your in manual? ditto for shooting. Does my 86 rated striker shoot better than a 65 rated? I;m pretty confident that individual differences in the ratings of players matter more when playing manual vs assisted, because default (assisted) play simply over rides the avatars ratings as well as the human controller's skill set.

3. How the hell do you cross a ball in manual with any control at all.............. It is a challenge I'm not even close to mastering but in general I find that under powering my crosses leads to more success.

Knowing this could drastically change how you'd make your team up in FUT. Ok, on this one I believe all of you above questions and sought after wisdom become irrelevant based on the premise of the question. If you are going to try to play FUT regardless of manual vs assisted play you are simply playing with a broken version of the game. If the question is based on playing online seasons or friendlies with manual controls than I think your questions are VERY relevant.
    PAUL said: (in BOLD)

Id like to know a few things though.

1. Whats the difference between pass and through balls in full manual?? Should I not bother with throughs at all and just place then in the right place normally - or does it change what the receiver does - ie stands to receive a pass and ruins onto a through??
    I strongly believe you answered your own question. I'm not positive this is the case but I think the difference is that it creates a different reaction in the pass receiver

2. Do player stats - not physical ones like strength and pace, or "auto" ones such as interceptions, but ones relevant to "assistance" - make any difference? For instance does an 80 rated passer (short or long) play different to a 60 if your in manual? ditto for shooting. Does my 86 rated striker shoot better than a 65 rated? I;m pretty confident that individual differences in the ratings of players matter more when playing manual vs assisted, because default (assisted) play simply over rides the avatars ratings as well as the human controller's skill set.

3. How the hell do you cross a ball in manual with any control at all.............. It is a challenge I'm not even close to mastering but in general I find that under powering my crosses leads to more success.

Knowing this could drastically change how you'd make your team up in FUT. Ok, on this one I believe all of you above questions and sought after wisdom become irrelevant based on the premise of the question. If you are going to try to play FUT regardless of manual vs assisted play you are simply playing with a broken version of the game. If the question is based on playing online seasons or friendlies with manual controls than I think your questions are VERY relevant.
    That's some great questions Paul asked and also great answers jrspc has given
    Just wanted to add more from my experience and observations of other assisted players trasition said to manual players.

1. Through balls are different with short passes apart from receiver response. At least in FIFA16, with same input power, through balls have higher initial speed and travel further than normal short passes. Which is perfect to pass into tight space between defenders without being intercepted.
    2. It's a mistery that only EA knows, my experience is striker with higher finishing has better control on how height the ball with be lifted. E.g, on same 3 bar power, Messi's shoot may end up in the top corner, Bravo's shoot has a higher chance over the bar.
    3. Yes, crossing is the hardest part to master, because you are aiming a moving target most of the time by predicting your receiver's movement. And you need to calculate how long the ball will fly in the air as well. And the most difficult part is once it's landed you have to make the 2nd header aim right away to score. It's hard but not impossible. I myself think I'm the best crosser in my club because I can always find the sweet spot in the box for my strikers. It's like short pass into open space with manual you can cross into open space in the box, as long as your striker gets the ball before their defender does, it's a successful cross. Once you master it, you'll never look back to assisted crossing again.
    4. The best striker I've ever seen is on manual. I have a proclub team mate can find the top corner with his finnese shot from anywhere in the box when he is in from
  • jrspc
    Ok, Zain I'll look you up on PS4.

SMNOX what is your user name on PS4?
  • jrspc
    EA FIFA in simple Algebra

EA FIFA = best sports video game in the world

Manual = Most challenging, rewarding and fun way to play

Assisted (Default) = Easiest, most popular and most frustrating way to play

FUT Trading = Crazy fun aspect of the game even with some obvious market paradoxes

FUT Trading Paradoxes = All gold cards should have far more value than any silver or bronze card but they do not

FUT Game play = Broken to force card pack buying, game play paradox

FUT game play PARADOX = Gold players should be far better than any silver or bronze yet they are not

SEASONS game play = very realistic and GOLD players actually play better than silver

NEWEST FIFA trend = community waking up to FULL MANUAL play inside of SEASONS mode online is where its at!
  • BCFC_SOTV
    155 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I only found out a couple of months ago how much better the gameplay is on seasons. It's like a different game... bizarre really. I have now made the jump to manual. Plenty of defeats, couple of hard fought draws. Have become a bit of a "manual snob" already as opponent's ping passes around with perfect accuracy, even then, still much better than fut. I tried fut again this morning found no enjoyment in it at all.
  • jrspc
    I love FUT trading even though it could use some obvious fixes.
    But FUT game play is totally broken!

• Villanut
    4 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2016
    I've played on manual settings since Fifa 10 or 11 can't remember now,but I guess you guys all play on the ps4 ?
    I never played last year as it so hard to find manual players on the pc and Konami doesn't care about pc players so I gave up on pes too.