DEMO FEEDBACK --> if you are playing what are you noticing

Comments

  • Anyone else having difficulty executing ground crosses (X button 3x, aka triple tap)? Most of the time when I try I do a low cross (X button 2x) instead. I use the ground cross in FIFA 16 a lot, without issue, so I hope it's only an issue with the demo, not the final release. I use full manual controls.
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    game speed should be same for all modes ... like in demo ... and not speeded up later

    game should support playing full manual, as this brings most rewarding situations

    defending really feels much more realistic in some situations, nice
  • PiotrLolo
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are penalties and close free kicks fully manual now? I just can't get right direction with them playing on keyboard :/
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    Last demos have been at first start, "wow, big difference" ... mostly coming from players feeling heavier and change of moving speeds.

    When i started this demo, there was no big feeling of a change. But the more i play it, the more i feel it and the more i like it.

    Just one thing about the shots. Volley shots have a really nice speed and power ... just feels great. The other shots, specially the curved ones feel a bit slow. Might be realistic to an extend. And it´s not about, if they should be more or less effective. But they could have more speed to give you this "wow"-feeling. Because if you score with a curved shot and the shot is just flying like a butterfly, this doesnt feel right ;-)

    Also about shooting, if you run towards goal, the stop and turn the player almost with the back to the goal and shoot ... you still get a great shot. That´s quite unrealistic. Not everything needs to be fully realistic. But when it comes to long range shots .. for the game .. it´s more or less about finding the time and space to be able to perform them, as it´s not really the challenge to press the button and trigger them. So this corrupts the game mechanics a little if your player can perform a brilliant shot in a position of his boday that is simply impossible in reality and makes the option to just fire from all positions too mighty.

    This is a complex topic after all, because in the box, i think it´s important to be able to shot from strange body positions like brilliant strikers shot while falling or with the back to the goal. This makes the stuff attractive to watch. But for distance shots .. that should not be possible.

    Everyone loves long range screamers. But as everyone loves them ... it´s really important, that they are not too easy to pull off and not too overpowered to a) keep them something special and b) keep the game beautiful and not a run and gun festival which needs no skill at all. But .. they still can look BAM :#

    btw ... Cameras should be more customisable ... <3
    Post edited by nixdrauf on
  • MikeM
    488 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pros:

    Player physicality feels better, no more helium filled twirling collisions.
    Faces and kit effects look epic.
    Any issues with the gameplay most likely can be fixed with sliders.
    Corner system is good.
    Ball feels independent in terms of physics.
    Player models look much more varied and suited to individual players.

    Cons:

    Physicality slightly tilted in favour of CPU (Overpowered)
    CPU players recover too fast compared to human ones after tackles. The "speed burst" to intercept your shots is back, even if it's John Terry covering five yards in a second.
    Ball gathers far too much pace too quickly
    Ball can feel a little floaty at times. Not entirely horrible, but a little too much.
    New penalty system is horrible.
    Passing is one touch at speed.
    Who the hell researched the tactics for United?
  • Hanging menu's, faulty offsides and slowly cameras.
    New penalty and corner system is Horrible
    Gameplay feels slugish, oldskool arcade game (FIFA 98 Corners, free Kicks, and camera)
    Played on PS4, and Xbox One
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2016
    Anyone else having difficulty executing ground crosses (X button 3x, aka triple tap)? Most of the time when I try I do a low cross (X button 2x) instead. I use the ground cross in FIFA 16 a lot, without issue, so I hope it's only an issue with the demo, not the final release. I use full manual controls.

    tripple tap always had been a torture to me ... that should be triggered more comfortable ... like tripple right stick flip to lift ball ... no fun actually ... twice is maximum to perform reliable and relaxed
  • Anyone else think the music/audio in this game is really low? Music is at 10 yet can barely even hear it unlike in F16.
  • GoonerSoldier
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    RNGO wrote: »
    Hanging menu's, faulty offsides and slowly cameras.
    New penalty and corner system is Horrible
    Gameplay feels slugish, oldskool arcade game (FIFA 98 Corners, free Kicks, and camera)
    Played on PS4, and Xbox One

    No. Just No.... Please don't mess up the game speed for the rest of us.
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't like this set-piece rewrite thing. Don't like the angles on the corners. But I can deal with some issues. Though, no sliders I'll not be buying. Mafia 3 is more than capable of filling the space on my PS4.
  • So much complaining. Guys you will have to adapt cause every year it's a different game and 1st impression is always strange. EA business men are vampires, but I'm pretty sure the game engineers try to do their best in a short amount of time. Remember they have less than 1 year.
    I just don't want that pace rules the game one more time, passes are fixed that's all I wanted.
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Chameauman wrote: »
    So much complaining. Guys you will have to adapt cause every year it's a different game and 1st impression is always strange. EA business men are vampires, but I'm pretty sure the game engineers try to do their best in a short amount of time. Remember they have less than 1 year.
    I just don't want that pace rules the game one more time, passes are fixed that's all I wanted.

    2 years with Fifa 17. Was mentioned just before Fifa 15 released they were beginning work on Fifa 17.
  • Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Chameauman wrote: »
    So much complaining. Guys you will have to adapt cause every year it's a different game and 1st impression is always strange. EA business men are vampires, but I'm pretty sure the game engineers try to do their best in a short amount of time. Remember they have less than 1 year.
    I just don't want that pace rules the game one more time, passes are fixed that's all I wanted.

    2 years with Fifa 17. Was mentioned just before Fifa 15 released they were beginning work on Fifa 17.

    That doesn't mean very much, they had perhaps one team or more, we can't know. Still, this is demo, then full game, then patches we can't judge at all right cause standard gameplay settings will change a lot.
  • Nkp20mufc
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    I hope they add the new kick off style. No excuse not to since it's been around since the Euro's. Otherwise i like it, hope they dont change the final version too much. Penalty kick's take time to adjust to. The overall pace of the game is fairly accurate. Might speed it up a touch tho for offline. Player runs are better, they dont run so much in straight lines anymore. CPU level weaker on world class. On legendary every team knocks it about like Barca. Its on Pre order.
  • Nkp20mufc
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Lighting sort of looks washed out slightly during clear daytime games. Pitch is too dark at night, but overall it's good. To me it's hardly a revolution but more evolution. I expect next year will show more power of Frostbite engine.

    Does anyone else notice there are no slider settings on PS4 version? I've just played a few games that feel 100mph so hope they've not taken them out as I won't be purchasing as I'm an offline only player.

    Somebody will tell me if I'm wrong but i cant remember slider settings being in any fifa demo. I use them too, see no reason why they would take it out. Makes a big difference to how you want the game to play offline.
  • nixdrauf
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    sliders have been on the last 2 demos ... i always used them there :|
  • Benjog88
    1590 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nkp20mufc wrote: »
    I hope they add the new kick off style. No excuse not to since it's been around since the Euro's.

    Would stop any running straight from kick off BS as well
  • Pwaaaleee
    371 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nkp20mufc wrote: »
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Lighting sort of looks washed out slightly during clear daytime games. Pitch is too dark at night, but overall it's good. To me it's hardly a revolution but more evolution. I expect next year will show more power of Frostbite engine.

    Does anyone else notice there are no slider settings on PS4 version? I've just played a few games that feel 100mph so hope they've not taken them out as I won't be purchasing as I'm an offline only player.

    Somebody will tell me if I'm wrong but i cant remember slider settings being in any fifa demo. I use them too, see no reason why they would take it out. Makes a big difference to how you want the game to play offline.

    Yea I'd say it was sliders were on Fifa 14 but not 100% sure. Definitely on the last 2 games though.

    Somebody mentioned they were in the Fifa 17 beta version though.

    Is next week where some will get to play full game? I guess we'll find out then.
  • lordCriper
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    I only have around 10 games under my belt so far, but here's what I've noticed, Pro's and cons compared to 16.

    Pros
    - Game speed, slower than 16 and just about right
    - The keeper seems to stay on his line more on corners
    - Defenders and attackers seems more keen on contesting for crosses
    - Teammate collisions seems to be sorted, or at least less frequent

    Cons
    - Passing, no real pace to passes (I know there's a driven pass), feels off somehow. Still, the pass destination seems set, and rarely a pass is intercepted
    - The ball seems to lack weight on shots, floating
    - New ball protect looks and feels kinda odd, and is a bit OP, especially when the CPU is doing it. Might be abused online
    - Players switching position, moves out of position way too much. Ibrahimovich was back as CB numerous times because a CB had moved up in an attack for example.
    - New penalty system is dreadful. Now you'll know to dive high or low as GK by looking at the power gauge. You need(can) four controller inputs; Change runup-Initiate run-Aim-Set Power . Why...?

    Just my first impressions, need to try it out more. :)
  • Vitto7
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2016
    good game but this should fix : crazy delayed passes and, specially, shots

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=oGE_jhylEpM

    In this video i passed the ball before first tackle of D'ambrosio... HOPE this will be fix in the final release. Also the animation of shots are too too too slow and delayed
  • Hi,
    I'm a massive fan of the FIFA series and I'm always very reluctant to talk poorly on the game but this demo has really disappointed me. There is definately something great within it but for me the cons over right the pros.

    CONS

    My first and most frustrating con is the shooting. It is far too easy. I have taken shots from almost everywhere inside 30 yards and I score as long as I am on target. Although it is clear the keepers are poor there is absolutely no satisfaction in scoring in this game as you don't really feel the full control of the ball and it doesn't feel like you have manipulated where the ball has ended up. I have been playing on legendary and am winning most 3-0 4-0 4-1 kind of score lines, whereas in recent demos it normally takes me time to get my first goal and feels like a real achievement when I do get it.

    The passing is also too perfect, I rarely misplace a pass regardless of what way I'm facing. The game just feels very linear, like everything is just straight lines. there is no 360 degree control no more. Very much how pes feels. It feels more the computer than what you are actually doing.

    Don't get me wrong I do enjoy how they have slowed the game down its just as I keep saying, there is no satisfaction in placing a good through ball or switch pass.

    PROS

    I do think the graphics are good and I think as you become more used to the game it will start to look better aesthetically, I think it just takes time to adjust.


    I definately feel they are really trying to sell this game to people who are not really FIFA gamers as people who don't play much just like to score cool goals. But as someone who loves there football and appreciates the game and the different ways of playing will find this boring and far too simple.

    Set pieces are cool I guess and as much as it's difficult for now I like that their could be a bit of an art to it and could do with some mastering.

    I don't think I'm the best FIFA player in the world but I would like to be challenged on legendary and at the moment it's far too easy.

    Please let me know what you think and whether I'm being too harsh or not.

  • Lillo86
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Teams play almost the same.
    The rest is nearly perfect.
  • After many played matches in the FIFA 17 demo , I can say one thing:

    It's a great move forward. FIFA 17 is really perfect!

    But, the game is still too fast. The only drawback is that the game is too fast . Game should slow down !!!
  • The fact there is no sliders in the demo is worrying...

    If not in final game I wont be buying this year as I change gameplay to suit more realistic games as I only play offline

    Please EA make sure sliders are in the main game
  • WizardMD
    663 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DjC4 wrote: »
    The fact there is no sliders in the demo is worrying...

    If not in final game I wont be buying this year as I change gameplay to suit more realistic games as I only play offline

    Please EA make sure sliders are in the main game

    probably this is a stupid question but english is not my first language, I'm trying to figure out what sliders are? thanks
  • Alex
    976 posts Moderator
    WizardMD wrote: »
    DjC4 wrote: »
    The fact there is no sliders in the demo is worrying...

    If not in final game I wont be buying this year as I change gameplay to suit more realistic games as I only play offline

    Please EA make sure sliders are in the main game

    probably this is a stupid question but english is not my first language, I'm trying to figure out what sliders are? thanks

    On FIFA 16 there are sliders for both CPU and the User which allow you to change a few things, like Pass Error, a few other things that I can't actually remember right now.

    It allows you to tailor the offline game a bit more to how you want.
  • WizardMD
    663 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Alex wrote: »
    WizardMD wrote: »
    DjC4 wrote: »
    The fact there is no sliders in the demo is worrying...

    If not in final game I wont be buying this year as I change gameplay to suit more realistic games as I only play offline

    Please EA make sure sliders are in the main game

    probably this is a stupid question but english is not my first language, I'm trying to figure out what sliders are? thanks

    On FIFA 16 there are sliders for both CPU and the User which allow you to change a few things, like Pass Error, a few other things that I can't actually remember right now.

    It allows you to tailor the offline game a bit more to how you want.

    Oh NOW I get it! thanks man
  • DeZoonVan
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not liking the fact that on Legendary every team feels like Barcelona. There goes the authenticity, just doesn't feel real. I want those high tempo games when playing with English teams, not tiki taka.
  • rsclaret
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Nkp20mufc wrote: »
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Lighting sort of looks washed out slightly during clear daytime games. Pitch is too dark at night, but overall it's good. To me it's hardly a revolution but more evolution. I expect next year will show more power of Frostbite engine.

    Does anyone else notice there are no slider settings on PS4 version? I've just played a few games that feel 100mph so hope they've not taken them out as I won't be purchasing as I'm an offline only player.

    Somebody will tell me if I'm wrong but i cant remember slider settings being in any fifa demo. I use them too, see no reason why they would take it out. Makes a big difference to how you want the game to play offline.

    Yea I'd say it was sliders were on Fifa 14 but not 100% sure. Definitely on the last 2 games though.

    Somebody mentioned they were in the Fifa 17 beta version though.

    Is next week where some will get to play full game? I guess we'll find out then.

    Sliders have been in every Fifa since 12. I think sliders, scoreboards etc will all be in its just a rushed out demo.
  • Nkp20mufc
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Nkp20mufc wrote: »
    Pwaaaleee wrote: »
    Lighting sort of looks washed out slightly during clear daytime games. Pitch is too dark at night, but overall it's good. To me it's hardly a revolution but more evolution. I expect next year will show more power of Frostbite engine.

    Does anyone else notice there are no slider settings on PS4 version? I've just played a few games that feel 100mph so hope they've not taken them out as I won't be purchasing as I'm an offline only player.

    Somebody will tell me if I'm wrong but i cant remember slider settings being in any fifa demo. I use them too, see no reason why they would take it out. Makes a big difference to how you want the game to play offline.

    Yea I'd say it was sliders were on Fifa 14 but not 100% sure. Definitely on the last 2 games though.

    Somebody mentioned they were in the Fifa 17 beta version though.

    Is next week where some will get to play full game? I guess we'll find out then.

    You're right i dowloaded the 15 demo and sliders were in. I think so yeah EA access, it's a new engine but dont see why they would take it out. Unless its because they want the gameplay the same online and off. Sneaky way to try tempt you to play online.
Sign In or Register to comment.